Minecraft

Otherwordly funny whine of totally addicted drama queens. Get a grip people and let him work in peace.

Just from watching the gameplay videos, this game depresses me. Dunno what it is, but it feels like a nightmare in which I'm stuck in an eternal, ever-expanding low-res world. I'm freaking myself out thinking about it!

There is hope:
"I’ve also signed up for a DDoS protection service, and took the chance to upgrade the server hardware to a much more powerful beast. I haven’t migrated things over to that server yet, but that’s coming soon.

Coding wise, I’m officially behind schedule now, but I fully intend to deliver. My schedule is clearing up nicely, and I’m learning to say “no” to people who want to talk to me. I just blame it on having an important update to do."

Sul, when you get a chance, generate another map? Did some expansion and my first real build, want to see how it shows up from above. :)

OK. Lets de-construct this shall we. Minecraft ‘fans’ are attacking the site to make Notch update more.

LOL, and I mean that in a :rolleyes: sort of way. Idiots.

jumped on sul's server last night.
a little overwhelmed as i've just started to play the game and still don't know how to do a 1/4 of the stuff possible.

Oh, that looks absolutely badass. It would be even better if ghasts could somehow slip through the portal too when chasing you.

Thanks, been waiting for it.

Are there going to be more new monsters other than the Ghast? It says monsters in the "ad" so it got my hopes up.

I believe it's been said that there will be only 1 new mob. Remember that English is Notch's 2nd language, maybe he didn't mean Monsters plural.

Last edited:
I thought fish were making thier way into this update as well?

I can't wait to play it. I'm hoping that he fixed the health/damage issues in SMP

I thought fish were making thier way into this update as well?

I can't wait to play it. I'm hoping that he fixed the health/damage issues in SMP

I guess that would be a new mob, too. :eek:
Not sure if he refers to nice animals as "Monsters", like cows, sheep, etc

I guess that would be a new mob, too. :eek:
Not sure if he refers to nice animals as "Monsters", like cows, sheep, etc

Are there going to actually be fish in the water, or is it going to be like WoW where the fish are only there once you've caught them? If there are actually fish in the water I see a new trap project coming my way :D

^^ Yep, looks pretty awesome! The reveal on "recipe" for portals sounds completely epic.

I just hope mine-carts start working with the update, as I've spent the last few nights building a massive road/bridge setup for our track - just haven't dared to place any tracks or carts yet.

Oh, and red dust working would be awesome too - I haven't done anything at all with red-dust yet except make compasses, and now that I'm playing exclusively online, I won't be able to until it's fixed.

^^ Yep, looks pretty awesome! The reveal on "recipe" for portals sounds completely epic.

I just hope mine-carts start working with the update, as I've spent the last few nights building a massive road/bridge setup for our track - just haven't dared to place any tracks or carts yet.

Oh, and red dust working would be awesome too - I haven't done anything at all with red-dust yet except make compasses, and now that I'm playing exclusively online, I won't be able to until it's fixed.

Minecarts and redstone dust work just fine currently...

And redstone torches are half the light of standard torches...

And if SMP will have mobs in it... a lot of things in the server are going to get interesting....

I know there's dark/blind corners practically everywhere underground...

It would be a good idea to get weapons and armor made (or materials ready) for the patch.

Hey now, I keep my areas well lit. :)

Well, except for the canal. But I can light that up in a heartbeat.

I'm Fweeple on Sul's server.

And I just accidentally burned my treehouse down. :( Had to happen when I just finished it and my outpost... Damn lava sparks.

javaw_2010_10_22_17_38_30_s15s2.jpg

javaw_2010_10_22_17_38_3s3_5200.jpg

I broke down and bought the game tonight, my fall into addiction is complete lol.

I decided to go on to Sul server and see what Minecraft was all about. Not bad once you have something in mind to build.

I don't think in a grand enough scale, but I helped skin the pyramid for a bit tonight.
All the tools were gone when I logged, had to make my own.
Then got lost in the mine, not knowing the spawn command was a pain.
PanzerBob helped me out though

Day 6

Night 6

Undercraft (will get posted from time to time.)

9 more days till the Update!!!

Edit: Never realized photobucket compressed the SHIT out of these images... that sucks, and looks horrible... what to do...

ZOMG! That Undercraft shot is awesome!

Oh, and I have some space that could host the images if need be.

I think there may be more than one new monster because of a tweet he made:
To Notch: FYI, in English s only follows plural words.The Boo update page said "Scary new monsters." That should have been "Scary new monster."
Notch: There's only one new monster?

:)

Back