Minecraft

sulseeker.dyndns.org

should be the official [H] server, built for about 4 hours straight, making a giant spleef arena.

I guess my computer wanted to restart.

I went out for a smoke and came back in and it's at the login screen.

It's up and running now.

I guess my computer wanted to restart.

I went out for a smoke and came back in and it's at the login screen.

It's up and running now.
I just jumped on to check out the spleef arena, and didn't see anyone else on.

Sulseeker, are you running any kind of server mods? I've been running this:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=23340

on a server I run for some co-workers, and it's been pretty good so far. One of the best features is the ability to have players receive kits, in the event you're not there to give items.

That's the Mod that Ein is running on the PA Rapture server... I have it downloaded, I just haven't implemented it yet.

As far as the server goes... here's a couple ISO's of the map. (now with more [H[)

Day time
Day-1.png

Night time
Night-1.png

Look for lights at night to see interesting things people are working on.

I apologize for the H-scroll... but we can't get the image that much smaller without loosing detail.

Last edited:
Awwww....the spleef arena looks so cute this high up.

Instead of the sun block behemoth that it is in person. It would be interesting to see how far some of the mine tunnels extend.

If anyone wants a lag-free place to play with plenty of room, just connect to glenridgeposse.com I'm running the hey0 mod and adding more kits as I go

I just made a big ole castle, took me a few days. Pretty proud of it

Last edited:
I have spend countless hours going over the different types of drowning traps people have created and they all fail in one way or another. Most have issues with not transporting the drops out of the trap properly, some have issues with either not drowning spiders or not drowning mobs at all because they keep bobbing on the surface without to sink down. Crazy really.

Anyone know whether placing several springs in one location creates a stronger current?

Okay I've got a newbie question regarding armor protection. I've read that diamond armor is just as protective as leather armor, but much more durable. But I want to know how much damage is reduced by. Is it a constant value? Does it depend on the current durability of my armor? Does it depend on how many pieces of armor I am wearing?

I've noticed that using very damaged armor will significantly reduce my armor meter compared to simply not wearing anything in that armor slot. Is the armor meter mostly just an average of durability or does it represent how much protection you get? How can I determine when I should throw away damaged armor?

I have spend countless hours going over the different types of drowning traps people have created and they all fail in one way or another. Most have issues with not transporting the drops out of the trap properly, some have issues with either not drowning spiders or not drowning mobs at all because they keep bobbing on the surface without to sink down. Crazy really.

Anyone know whether placing several springs in one location creates a stronger current?

Look at this video. Works pretty well. I notched out the left and right blocks on the lava side of the water and added new water blocks to each to make the flow more towards the opening. I also added a glass roof over the water to prevent jumping. It needs more modification but the basics work here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbxhvCrLkz4

SulSeeker.dyndns.org is now running Hey0's mod. I'll be adding Kits and Plugins as I find and research them. Also, I have a secondary server up if the main goes down.. because I love you guys SO much!!!

SulSeeker.dyndns.org:25566 (if the main server is down.)

Nice work Sul. When you get a chance, can you put some spring blocks up above the slide I made? I'm planning on making a high dive and a boat ride but need some water. Thanks

Day 2 Update

And

Night 2 Update

Spawn has been repaired, Hay0 mod running fine... haven't got Kits or plugins installed yet... Will have them tomorrow.

Also had a record of 8 people online at once with no reported lag, not bad for a little 3M/640k DSL line. ^.^

so I've been watching my roommate play this game religiously for a few weeks now. I really don't see whats so appealing about it, you just build stuff. can someone explain?

so I've been watching my roommate play this game religiously for a few weeks now. I really don't see whats so appealing about it, you just build stuff. can someone explain?

Uh... when you were a kid and you played legos did you just like sit there and go "What does this all mean, what's the point!"

How can I connect to a server? Do I need to run the *.jar with special command?

Yeah, you build stuff. And you build stuff so you can collect stuff better (or safer). Like minecart tracks to transport stone and dirt back to base for building a bigger castle/garden/whatever.

I felt the same way until I started playing. Essentially, for $14 you get to relive all those awesome memories you have of playing with blocks and legos. :D

Besides building things and crafting items you can fight monsters (they can be turned off), play with minecarts, blow things up with TNT, and make electrical circuits using a special in-game material called redstone. Exploring the procedurally generated world is fun, too. The maximum world size is several times larger than the surface of the earth.

who made the huge pyramid?

Sealatron I believe. He mentioned it being mostly glass in the end.

Just made this (A few people had questions about locations of things)

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4796/mapsv.png

Nicely done, sir. One caveat, the Hub is directly in line with the Inn and West Tunnel ladder entrance.

I'd love to see a zoomed version that we could stitch together. It would be easier to label the details that way.

I couldn't add in some of the other stuff (like the west tunnel ladder) due to it being too far zoomed out so I'd be all for more zoomed in (and then stitched together) images

There's some really strange world generation going on by that floating island and sheer cliff face 'south' of the pyramid.

I made two minecart stations in my bases last night ;). And I decided to download Fraps an try my hand at recording a quick example of them. Its my first time recording video, so sorry if the quality is sub-par :).

My Minecart Station:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rBKFy_SGNU

The Inner workings:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CJA3ddFiNg

Another Minecart Station (Somewhat Different):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUNDwbRF8yY

I built these following instructions in this series of videos, and adding a little flourish or two of my own :) (Like the on/off switch).
http://www.youtube.com/user/AlmtyBob#p/a/u/2/gPls6LXlkGI

Anyone know what kind of server you'd need to keep this game running silky smooth for 4-6 clients?

I was thinking about making an i3 550 box with 4GB RAM and 20GB of a WD640GB Green HDD partitioned for the server files running under Ubuntu Server. It'd also be a file server.

My internet speed is 15Mb/s down 2Mb/s up (it's only running at 1Mb/s up right now for whatever reason).

Anyone know what kind of server you'd need to keep this game running silky smooth for 4-6 clients?

I was thinking about making an i3 550 box with 4GB RAM and 20GB of a WD640GB Green HDD partitioned for the server files running under Ubuntu Server. It'd also be a file server.

My internet speed is 15Mb/s down 2Mb/s up (it's only running at 1Mb/s up right now for whatever reason).

My ancient a64 3000+ with a gig of ram handles 2 clients flawlessly as well as being a torrent/media server.

Can you actually ride minecarts? I've been trying to ride mine but I must be doing it wrong....?

Back