Microsoft Store Employees Dancing

Crap is it someone's Birthday, that kind of nonsense is left at Applebee's or TGI Friday's for them to do, I I'm not going to walk into a store of dancing sales people, bad enough we had to do the Fry's cheer at my old job (bunch of nonsensical, moral boosting, sales BS, and I worked in the service department which had f#@k all to do with making money for the store on the most part).

Before anyone says anything (or outs me), I am not one to talk smack on dancing like this...I did it for years.

BUT

A.) it was years ago (pre-turn of the century when they still did that kinda thing)

B.) It was an entertainment night club where you actually paid to see that shit

It's just so...1999 and out of place in a retail store.

and....the shameful proof:

http://www.****************************/dance_steve_dance.jpg

http://www.****************************/dance_steve_dance2.jpg

you call that dancing? im more impressed by those flash mob videos

i have to laugh when i see people say they wouldnt shop there becuase employees were dancing.

ill admit id hate to do that as an employee, but does it really anger some of you that much? heck, even in the video, customers joined in, so obviously it didnt cause a mass exodus for those seeing it in person. frankly, id probably get a laugh out of it at the store, certainly not what youd expect from a 'boring' electronics store.

while i hope they try other things besides dancing, i got a good laugh out of them making fools of themselves.

I think it is ok that they dance. But.... isn't their dancing proof of a lack of geek credentials? I think that there were at least 4 places in the video where actual rythm was displayed. Shameful!

In other news- Apple store employees all over the country will be performing the Achy Breaky Heart dance to Busta Rhymes this evening!

Anyone noticed the woman at 2:15 puts something into her bag? I don't think she bought that.

Gotta watch this when I get home, stupid school computer don't have sound.

Anyone noticed the woman at 2:15 puts something into her bag? I don't think she bought that.

Gotta watch this when I get home, stupid school computer don't have sound.

Looks like she bought it, BUT imagine of the stuff you could "5 finger" when they are dancing.

Retarded and humiliating? If someone is such an uptight, pretentious asshole that he can't stand to be friendly and cheerful for sixty seconds in the morning, he shouldn't be working in the service industry.

You've never worked for Wal-Mart did you? No? So STFU, you know nothing

The thing I noticed was the very casual dress. What, MS doesn't pay them enough to afford suits and ties? To me, that they were all wearing colored T-shirts and blue jeans shows a very unprofessional atmosphere. I probably wouldn't take the store seriously or patronize it just because of that.

This reminds me of the Gay waiter dancing of top of the Bar in Caraca's Hard Rock Cafe to WMCA, at least these employers are obliged to do so.

The title of this video is "How to Make and Apple Store Look Cool"

So, if I am in the store and need some help, I have to stand there and wait 5 minutes until every employee in the store is done with their dance to check out?

I am one of the people that would put down anything I was thinking of buying and walk out of the store to never come back if this ever happened while I was in the store.

wow that was bad I lasted about 15 seconds before I had to stop it. I feel for anyone that has ever had to endure that from an employer. I'm sorry but if i'm walking in the mall and saw a bunch of asshats dancing in the store I wouldn't be buying anything there. I would look to the next store where it looks like people are actually doing work!

I guess if I told them I would dance for cash they would have given me a job.

Two things..

Was it someone's birthday? Where's the cupcake with the sparkler??!

&

I could have sworn one of the girls in beige who came in halfway through the video swiped
a copy of windows 7 and put it in her big green purse...

WTF!!!! I have been in the service industry for 20 years and I had never had to do such idiotic thing. I would tell them to shoot me before ever having to do such a stupid dance. :eek::eek:
It was stupid but funny to watch a bunch of fat asses and one so so looking girl dancing like morons. :D:D:D:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

What the heck is up with the nerd/geek necklaces... and my god this is lame. I would have left if they started that shit if I was in that store.

Well...I think it's dumb...but I don't see how some of you are like "zomg MS this ruined my whole life I hate you and now I hate myself OMG FML".

It's like a ....a flashmob of people who work in the MS store.

Wal-Mart does this to their employees as well, its retarded and humiliating to the workers, but management actually expects you to participate or you're not considered 'cooperative'. It can count against you later in decisions involving a promotion between candidates.

Fucking retarded.. I think the use the same Ad firm Wal-mart does

Yeah, I can't see how any employee could enjoy this.

Looks exactly like an Apple store with the colored t-shirts and tags on and what not. :rolleyes:

I feel bad for that girl in green. Now every online perv within driving distance of her store knows where she works and can even follow her after work. I am sure this is every girl's dream!! I can just imagine bunches of undersexed, lonely guys going in there just to be "helped" by her. I wouldn't be surprised if some YouTube videos of her made by these "customers" don't start popping up. Maybe that Microsoft store will have to put up a sign at the door saying "Green shirt girl isn't currently working" just to keep the mobs of dudes from milling around inside the store looking for her instead of software.

But perhaps this is her big break. Maybe this unintended "dating site" video will get her the rich guy of her dreams so she can leave that store. Or perhaps a Microsoft "I'm a PC" commercial, a Playboy cyber girl spread or a reality TV gig with "Balloon Boy" are in her future. Let's hope it leads to something good as I am sure her popularity just rose unintentionally, for both good and bad, about 873,328,432,235%!!

I feel bad for that girl in green. Now every online perv within driving distance of her store knows where she works and can even follow her after work. I am sure this is every girl's dream!! I can just imagine bunches of undersexed, lonely guys going in there just to be "helped" by her. I wouldn't be surprised if some YouTube videos of her made by these "customers" don't start popping up. Maybe that Microsoft store will have to put up a sign at the door saying "Green shirt girl isn't currently working" just to keep the mobs of dudes from milling around inside the store looking for her instead of software.

But perhaps this is her big break. Maybe this unintended "dating site" video will get her the rich guy of her dreams so she can leave that store. Or perhaps a Microsoft "I'm a PC" commercial, a Playboy cyber girl spread or a reality TV gig with "Balloon Boy" are in her future. Let's hope it leads to something good as I am sure her popularity just rose unintentionally, for both good and bad, about 873,328,432,235%!!

wtf?

Wtf... that looks to be quite embarrassing.. hope they get paid enough.

Back