Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

The honeycomb yoke is my next purchase, flying with my old saitek x45 stick just sucks.

do any of you have the honeycomb throttle quadrant?

I was really tempted by the Honeycomb yolk & throttle quadrant but that was when the yolk was OOS everywhere and the throttle wasn't released yet. At this point though since I can't upgrade the rest of my system I'm kinda just sticking with what I have all around. Still runs plenty good enough to be enjoyable and the X52 still keeps chugging along.

Am still a little jealous though. ;)

Microsoft Flight Simulator- United Kingdom & Ireland World Update

Now available on Windows 10, Xbox Game Pass for PC, and Steam...

Microsoft Flight Simulator- United Kingdom & Ireland World Update

Now available on Windows 10, Xbox Game Pass for PC, and Steam...

Here is hoping that they fixed the jaked up VR performance from the previous update. No mention of auto pilot or flight control issues :(

Nice, thanks

Now I just gotta wait until I can actually build a system to run it properly at 4K. I'm thinking that'll be 2023 at this point given the price and availability of parts.

Microsoft Flight Simulator: Double Your Performance With GeForce RTX 30 Series

Content sponsored by Nvidia...to ascertain the advantages of using a GeForce RTX 30 Series GPU in Microsoft Flight Simulator, instead of a prior generation GPU, and to reveal how much faster your performance could be with an upgrade, we’ve teamed up with Nvidia to put their most popular graphics cards through their paces...

$20,000 Microsoft Flight Simulator rig

Nvidia's modding team, known as GeForce Garage, has put together an immersive Microsoft Flight Sim rig that may only be rivaled by flying an actual plane....the rig's PC portion uses a beefy EK water-cooled system, powered by an RTX 3080, running Microsoft Flight Simulator on three LG CX 65" TVs linked together via Nvidia Surround, at an ultrawide 5760 x 1080 resolution.

all of the flight controls and avionics displays are from the Logitech G series of accessories, and the motion platforms are from Next Level Racin...

I'll settle for auto pilot working properly for once :|
If you care about systems, XP11 is the way to go anyway :)

DSnEQv5.png

68fCDOv.png

If you care about systems, XP11 is the way to go anyway :)

Yeah I was very close to picking it up but it was more serious than I have time to really dedicate and so much is $$ DLC.

For FS the autopilot doesnt have to be perfect for me but it uses the rudder to turn and then the ailerons to try and negate the roll so the planes all end up flying with hard left or right rudder and the ailerons countering so its just flying straight. Then the ILS wont line up and so on :(

At least they got the oscillation mostly fixed as that was also pretty brutal lol.

Last edited:
Yeah I was very close to picking it up but it was more serious than I have time to really dedicate and so much is $$ DLC.

For FS the autopilot doesnt have to be perfect for me but it uses the rudder to turn and then the ailerons to try and negate the roll so the planes all end up flying with hard left or right rudder and the ailerons countering so its just flying straight. Then the ILS wont line up and so on :(

At least they got the oscillation mostly fixed as that was also pretty brutal lol.

I just flew with the autopilot yesterday and it worked fine, just like in all the previous MSFS games ? It was a small plane, so maybe it only acts odd in the airliners?

I finally picked this game up the other day as I have the Airbus sidestick coming in to replace my nearly useless Logitech Wingman Extreme which has massive wiggle and terrible movement. Can not wait for the new stick, but still enjoying the game a ton. Looks great even on slightly lower settings to not make my 1060 die. Impressed with the improvement on cockpit switch functionality over FS:X, which was already decent at it. Glad they kept the ability to use a second monitor in the game, I primarily pop out my ATC to the second monitor, but will play with other things as well. Could be great with some small MFDs.....

I'll settle for auto pilot working properly for once :|

I was going to ask if this was fixed yet. I used to have the game fly while I worked and would take over from time to time, after an update is just stopped working.

I used to have the game fly while I worked and would take over from time to time
I'm building a FS2020 PC that will fly itself autopilot 24/7. It won't even have a display connected. It will sit in a dark corner of the basement flying around the world and I never think about it. :D

Last edited:
I tried to load up the game a few days ago and had 59gigabytes of patches to download after the game launched. Which, despite my 1gb/s internet, took over 3 hours.

What the fuck Microsoft.

I tried to load up the game a few days ago and had 59gigabytes of patches to download after the game launched. Which, despite my 1gb/s internet, took over 3 hours.

What the fuck Microsoft.

I noticed its because the game does things stupidly. It downloads at full speed, and then it stops downloading and installs whatever package it just downloaded, then repeats the cycle. Would take much less time if it did both at the same time, like every other online game service out there, but no. No, they cant do that.

That is one of the reasons I haven't bought it yet. It is a sand box flight sim, as expected, but it seems to be taking Microsoft's approach to everything. Release a half done product and then keep updating as they go along. But due to the nature of this game it will never "be done" but I assume most of the main features are probably in by now.

I am hoping for a big sale in the future. I assume they plan to make money off of expansions and 3rd party modules.

I play it through Xbox Game Pass, which I have basically have for free for two more years because I bought severely discounted cards a few months back.

It's well worth $3ish a month I paid.

Release a half done product and then keep updating as they go along. But due to the nature of this game it will never "be done" but I assume most of the main features are probably in by now.

I am hoping for a big sale in the future. I assume they plan to make money off of expansions and 3rd party modules.
Half done? FS2020 is no where close to being classified as half done. If you think so you are one picky dude that will never be satisfied.

Incoming patch for Microsoft Flight Simulator should boost performance

If you’ve found flying into large airports a bit rockier than it should be in Microsoft Flight Simulator lately, good news: a patch is inbound that ought to improve performance in highly detailed environments...the developers say the patch will be available in the Windows Store and Steam today, March 26th.

Asobo Studio says the patch addresses two key areas where the player community has said performance has been sub-par: while flying around large airports (notably Dallas-Ft Worth) and on server requests when using in-game menus and during flight...

https://www.flightsimulator.com/march-25th-2021-development-update/

Microsoft Flight Simulator France and Benelux Update Out Now, Adds Over 100 New POI's

Microsoft Flight Simulator has just dropped what may be its biggest World Update yet, featuring over 100 points-of-interest, several new handcrafted airports, and more...the new update focuses on France and Benelux (Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands) as well as a handful of territories still ruled by France, such as French Guiana and Guadalupe...

Alright nerds. I grabbed this on the gamepass $1 for the first month dealio. But the download is so sloooow. 500/500Mbit fiber connection, and even on the large files I cannot crack 100. Usually its around 80 on the small files, when it gets a chance to eat, it's at 100. I've seen 107 once or twice.

I've tried all the tricks I could google with restarting it, and changing Win10 delivery options, with no joy.

Anyone have some awesome advice so I can play this thing before my month ends? lol

Alright nerds. I grabbed this on the gamepass $1 for the first month dealio. But the download is so sloooow. 500/500Mbit fiber connection, and even on the large files I cannot crack 100. Usually its around 80 on the small files, when it gets a chance to eat, it's at 100. I've seen 107 once or twice.

I've tried all the tricks I could google with restarting it, and changing Win10 delivery options, with no joy.

Anyone have some awesome advice so I can play this thing before my month ends? lol

Poorly optimized or configured downloader. Pulls in smaller chunks so it never really can ramp up the speed. There are some larger files in there where I've seen it push more but otherwise its a long wait. Once in game if you update the texture packs that they have put out for free its about 4 to 6 gb on average for each so not as bad but still a wait.

Poorly optimized or configured downloader. Pulls in smaller chunks so it never really can ramp up the speed. There are some larger files in there where I've seen it push more but otherwise its a long wait. Once in game if you update the texture packs that they have put out for free its about 4 to 6 gb on average for each so not as bad but still a wait.

Finally got it downloaded. Jumped into training in the Cessna. I fly kbm in elite, I know it's not ideal, but it does the job.

Instructor wants me to press NUM6 to turn...

I use a tenkeyless keyboard. Looks like I'm dragging my old ass X45 out of the closet.

The last time I tried to play there was 50ish gigs of updates.
I just left it running and went to bed.

Wow, those performance improvements may get me to reinstall this for the first time since... idk, December?

Back