Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

SomeoneElse

[H]ard|Gawd
Microsoft Flight Simulator- X019 - Gameplay Trailer

This is fantastic......Just looking at the terrain, that's is mind blowing......and kinda scary oh well they can replicate that soon we won't be able to tell whats real or rendered.

Reaperkk

[H]ard|Gawd
I wonder if later down the line the can repurpose this tech and use it in american/euro truck simulator lol

I wonder if later down the line the can repurpose this tech and use it in american/euro truck simulator lol
It's nowhere near to the resolution that would be required for that. However they could probably use the OSM data for road layout and some basic building generation (but none of it would look as good as those games as they stand right now.)

Ripskin

2[H]4U
This is fantastic......Just looking at the terrain, that's is mind blowing......and kinda scary oh well they can replicate that soon we won't be able to tell whats real or rendered.
I'm curious how things will look up close.
I love the way they are getting these textures and buildings generated but I'm curious how they plan to upscale the resolutions to make high resolution systems and when we get up close and pause to look at things.

Maybe they posted something already but other than a fly by we have not gotten a close stable look at things yet beyond their models which look really good. FSX looked good when high up but up close it was ehhhh even when it was new.

M76

[H]ardForum Junkie
It's photogrammetry. You can generate pretty accurate models without any manual work, but it won't look good up close. But it is perfect for flight sims, where you are not supposed to be close to buildings.

All you need is high resolution aerial photos and a powerful PC to generate the mesh.

SomeoneElse

[H]ard|Gawd
I love the way they are getting these textures and buildings generated but I'm curious how they plan to upscale the resolutions to make high resolution systems and when we get up close and pause to look at things.

Maybe they posted something already but other than a fly by we have not gotten a close stable look at things yet beyond their models which look really good. FSX looked good when high up but up close it was ehhhh even when it was new.
Well even when they are doing low flybys in the video it looked pretty dang good. It will be interesting to see non-the-less.

Well remember we're talking about satellite data here. It's pretty advanced these days, especially combined with AI processing, but don't expect miracles. It's not going to look like Euro Truck Simulator or something if you park your plane on a freeway.

Ripskin

2[H]4U
Well remember we're talking about satellite data here. It's pretty advanced these days, especially combined with AI processing, but don't expect miracles. It's not going to look like Euro Truck Simulator or something if you park your plane on a freeway.
Lol yeah. The tech has come a long way since FSX and up scaling and other methods can pull in more information. I'm just curious how they will pull it off and how well it will "buffer" in.

kamxam

[H]ard|Gawd
Any people or Ground/air traffic? Didn't think I saw any in the video but then I just skimmed some parts of it. :) Would make the world more alive imho.

Flogger23m

[H]ardForum Junkie
Seems like a game that would use a lot of RAM and be hard on the CPU. I really don't need over 16GB of RAM, but maybe some high end games like this may start using it. May consider upgrading the motherboard as well, but might just go for another annual Ryzen upgrade.

primetime

[H]ardness Supreme
they targeted LCC 16GB of RAM, and budget GPUs for the first tech alpha.

I did a quick test this morning and the days of games not using cores are also over. Its using all 10 of my cores and hitting my 1080ti pretty hard.
post some screen shots with osd showing ram, cpu and gpu usage please:) Sounds like this interesting benchmarks comparing new hardware