horse
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Mar 22, 2006
- Messages
- 1,246
$70 price tag (plus tax!Mixed reviews
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
$70 price tag (plus tax!Mixed reviews
I heard you can edit the config file to get 120 fps but then the game runs in slow motion. Which means they somehow tied gameplay logic to the frame rate and unlikely it's going to be modded out. They really didn't know what they were doing when they made this game.Someone post an FPS cap removal mod if one becomes available.
I heard you can edit the config file to get 120 fps but then the game runs in slow motion. Which means they somehow tied gameplay logic to the frame rate and unlikely it's going to be modded out. They really didn't know what they were doing when they made this game.
Seems like someone is already cooking a better fix
https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/1mx9e6w/comment/narmhc4/?context=3
Are the loading transitions like Half Life 2 where you walk and there is an invisible wall that pauses the game to load something? Or is it more like loading another level when you pass into another area like say, Splinter Cell?
Ultra wide & frame rate cap fix:
https://codeberg.org/Lyall/MGSDeltaFix/releases
If someone wants to try it and see how it works, let us know.
So much for not interfering with Kojima's work.
They removed EVA's jiggle physics...
https://xcancel.com/Mangalawyer/status/1960450461863174591
https://x.com/Mangalawyer/status/1960450461863174591
View attachment 750399
View attachment 750400
If you're going to change the core gameplay to be an over-the-shoulder third-person action game, removing loading screens seems like a pretty minor QOL change.They decided to keep the loading screens because they didn't want to be seen as "interfering" with Kojima's work. They were afraid of fan backlash? WTF?
https://www.videogamer.com/news/konami-gated-areas-metal-gear-solid-delta/
Same. I can't believe they're charging $70 for this. Imo, I'd say $50 would be a more appropriate launch price, but even then meh...def wait for sale and patchesKonami curse strike again
Call me when GOTY edition is $5 with all patches included
Doubt it's changed from the original, but no, there is not a true fps mode. You can however look and aim/shoot in first person.Does this game offer a first person option?
I saw some screenshots showing first person gun animation
As you near a transition point, it goes into a cinematic view with letterboxing and the game takes control away from you as Snake automatically runs into the next area. During this, the screen fades to black with a title of the next area. Here's an example:
View: https://youtu.be/OQOB8iHOM70?t=1828
No it doesn't. It goes in FPS mode I'm certain situations. Like crawling under stuff and you can aim down sights.Does this game offer a first person option?
I saw some screenshots showing first person gun animation
Ultra wide & frame rate cap fix:
https://codeberg.org/Lyall/MGSDeltaFix/releases
If someone wants to try it and see how it works, let us know.
Tried it. Appears to work well in my limited testing. But the game struggles to maintain 60 fps anyway on a 4090 so I'm not sure how useful it will actually be. Nice and smooth when staring straight down at the ground though.
Potential downside, I noticed the LAT value on the nvidia performance overlay double from 30ms (no mod) to 60ms (mod). It didn't seem to double consistently across the board though. For example, in a more detailed area I've seen the LAT spike to 70ms regardless of whether or not the mod is installed.
I watched his review earier myself, my thought was he must've never played an MGS game beforeYeah, I watched Mack's review earlier and he was complaining about the controls/equip menus also. I never played the original. Is that something new to this remake, or a carryover from the PS2 game? I can see how it would have been more acceptable back in the day on a controller with far fewer buttons, but seems like that's something that could have been streamlined for a modern remake. Or if they insisted on bringing it over from the original version for true-ness/nostalgia's sake, then at least have options for modern & classic menus and controls or something.
I watched his review earier myself, my thought was he must've never played an MGS game before. That's the way the controls have been ever since the original on PS1, and iirc the game would pause when you were scrolling through the inventory anyway, so I don't really see this as an issue. I'd imagine you'd just hold a key and then use mouse wheel on PC???
It's because it's Kojima man and he's like the most visionary game dev/director out there and all that bullshit. I personally always thought he was a little overrated ttytt. Not that I didn't have fun with MGS 1 and 2 back in the day. I never played 3 so really why I'm interested in the first place. I hear what you're saying and would tend to take your word for it.I don't really see why people like this game. Nostalgia for MGS1/2? Or were those as poorly done as this? Because this is a legitimately bad game. Almost like there was zero concept of what they wanted to do and threw some slop together as a poor imitation of the James Bond games of the era. 5/10 game at best.
I"m a huge MGS fan and was planning on getting this day 1. But I def can't support games in such a poor state like this at launch. No ultrawide support, 60 FPS lock or broken game functions if you unlock it, sub-par performance on all platforms = no buy. Mods are a nice option, but they should only be optional and not required to get standard features. And I urge everyone to not buy games launching like this so publishers finally get the message they can't put garbage out and expect profit just because the game is part of a beloved series.
In the current state, this is a $30 game at best and I won't even consider buying until it's under that and/or they update the game with standard features and better performance.
and half of that is cutscenes am I right?Took me around 13 hours.