Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Snake Eater was a GameCube game originally, but all the early entries controlled like this, as far as I know. I recall playing MGS2 on a demo disc and hating the controls, so much so that I never played a full MGS game because of it.Yeah, I watched Mack's review earlier and he was complaining about the controls/equip menus also. I never played the original. Is that something new to this remake, or a carryover from the PS2 game? I can see how it would have been more acceptable back in the day on a controller with far fewer buttons, but seems like that's something that could have been streamlined for a modern remake. Or if they insisted on bringing it over from the original version for true-ness/nostalgia's sake, then at least have options for modern & classic menus and controls or something.
The consensus seems to be that it's still a very good game at its core, but the price is just too high considering the game's relatively short length and the current issues it has. I've seen a lot of folks balking at these $70 and $80 prices, so hopefully we see somewhat of a pullback there and not just the axing of any project that's not a flagship or "safe" IP.
People still play Operation Raccoon City.Metal Gear and Resident Evil:Constantly putting out pointless multiplayer modes that fail and are not worth it
![]()
People still play Operation Raccoon City.
Yeah my son does, but it was delisted from Steam and the 360 due to the GFWL bullshit awhile ago. You can still play it, but you have to jump through all kinds of hoops.People still play Operation Raccoon City.
It's playable on Series X|S without issue, and you can still buy it there.Yeah my son does, but it was delisted from Steam and the 360 due to the GFWL bullshit awhile ago. You can still play it, but you have to jump through all kinds of hoops.