Armenius
Extremely [H]
- Joined
- Jan 28, 2014
- Messages
- 54,632
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Don't know whether to laugh or cry at the fact that a 25% discount makes the price only marginally cheaper than what RRP used to be.Fanatical is offering a 25% discount for pre-ordering if anyone's interested, but I know the rule...
$69.99$52.49 for Standard
$79.99$59.99 for Digital Deluxe
Lol, one of the pre-order bonuses is a white tuxedo uniform...that is also obtainable through in-game progress. You'd think they could at least offer something unique.
As far as the actual game goes, I know there are some folks who are excited about this. I bet it's going to be pretty good. It may take some patches to refine some rough edges though, if the previous MGS PC games were anything to go by. Guess we will see.
MGS3 is one big mission. MGSV was segmented missions.So I never played this - worth indulging? I wasn’t a fan of MGS V with constant missions etc which felt similar all the time and a lot of busy work. This a linear experience like MGS2?
Snake Eater is one of the best games ever made. Its linear. And after the first chapter, hits an extended groove of amazing setpieces and detailed gameplay.So I never played this - worth indulging? I wasn’t a fan of MGS V with constant missions etc which felt similar all the time and a lot of busy work. This a linear experience like MGS2?
Reading about 60 frame rate cap and no wide screen support. In 2025, that is just inexcusable. Especially for a UE5 game, I'm not sure why a UE5 game would require such limitations. Hope there is a day 1 patch. If not, hopefully a mod can at least remove the frame rate cap.
It has to do with the original engines gameplay logic since UE5 is just handling the rendering and audio.Reading about 60 frame rate cap and no wide screen support. In 2025, that is just inexcusable. Especially for a UE5 game, I'm not sure why a UE5 game would require such limitations. Hope there is a day 1 patch. If not, hopefully a mod can at least remove the frame rate cap.
It has to do with the original engines gameplay logic since UE5 is just handling the rendering and audio.
It's Konami. The people who stopped making games to double down in gambling machines.Does it? I thought it was a complete remake. I know a lot of work goes into this regardless, but $70 seems a bit high if they're reusing systems from the old game and just upgrading the visuals. So this is more like the recent Oblivion remake than a proper remake?
Many/most of the animations and all voicework, are original.Does it? I thought it was a complete remake. I know a lot of work goes into this regardless, but $70 seems a bit high if they're reusing systems from the old game and just upgrading the visuals. So this is more like the recent Oblivion remake than a proper remake?
60 FPS lock, no ultra wide support.Hopefully the PC version isn't a mess.
Kaladaien, the person responsible for the SpecialK mods, deleted his Steam account, so I doubt it.I would be shocked if this isn't modded literally day 1.
60 FPS lock, no ultra wide support.
Kaladaien, the person responsible for the SpecialK mods, deleted his Steam account, so I doubt it.
View: https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0PXcPN-f2g
Physics, scripting, and AI are probably tied to the frame rate.I mean it's probably just an Unreal console variable at the end of the day. I don't see it being rocket surgery.
Might be as simple as using that tool that unlocks the console and "t.MaxFps 0"
Physics, scripting, and AI are probably tied to the frame rate.
I was incorrect on my previous post. The game is a full remake in UE5. I read some more into it and found that the animations, specifically the mo-cap data were 30 fps, so the best they could do was interpolate them to 60 fps. If I were to guess the game would probably play fine if we unlocked the framerate but the animations will probably be limited to interpolated 60. The animations might not be perfectly smooth even at 60 fps, we'll have to see.Does it? I thought it was a complete remake. I know a lot of work goes into this regardless, but $70 seems a bit high if they're reusing systems from the old game and just upgrading the visuals. So this is more like the recent Oblivion remake than a proper remake?
I was incorrect on my previous post. The game is a full remake in UE5. I read some more into it and found that the animations, specifically the mo-cap data were 30 fps, so the best they could do was interpolate them to 60 fps. If I were to guess the game would probably play fine if we unlocked the framerate but the animations will probably be limited to interpolated 60. The animations might not be perfectly smooth even at 60 fps, we'll have to see.
30 fps is pretty typical for animations - I think it's literally the Unreal default when importing.
It is trivial to interpolate to any arbitrary framerate. The engine is already doing this for free at runtime.
There's either something else going on, or they just don't give a shit about the port.
It's Konami... so... yeah.Yeah they really have no excuses for the animations and no legitimate excuse for locking a 3D game to a framerate, especially using UE5 which handles all of it for you. You basically have to go out of your way to lock things up "properly", but there is also nothign preventing idiots adding code or blueprints that tie framerate to things. These guys just suck at making games.