• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Meta Quest 3

Haven't had issues here at all, using it standalone or with Virtual Desktop, always just works as I expect it to.
 
Neither of those use cases relies on the Quest PC app though : P

I've never had issues with the standalone experience and Virtual Desktop also runs with the headset in standalone mode so yeah, no problems there.
 
Yeah, the quest PC app kinda sucks. I always use Virtual Desktop or Steam Link wirelessly. I'm on a Quest Pro though.
 
Yeah, used the Quest Link app ever. Almost no one does as far as I know. With Virtual Desktop it is just a smooth experience.
 
Despite being on WIFI5 and Virtual Desktop works flawlessly. The lag isn't that bad either especially if you're just watching video and browsing.

Gaming is a different story...
 
I never have any issue with Virtual Desktop and latency, in gaming or otherwise. But I do have a dedicated Wi-Fi 6E/6 GHz access point that I use for VR.
 
I tried out steam link and was expecting it to be pretty bad but it actually worked great. I'd only get some stutters every now and then; few minutes between stutters. Think I'm on WIFI5. Don't see the need to buy a cable for the thing imo, just streaming works great. (Maybe something higher bandwidth like 4K, but for whatever resolution the quest runs at it works fine)
 
I tried out steam link and was expecting it to be pretty bad but it actually worked great. I'd only get some stutters every now and then; few minutes between stutters. Think I'm on WIFI5. Don't see the need to buy a cable for the thing imo, just streaming works great. (Maybe something higher bandwidth like 4K, but for whatever resolution the quest runs at it works fine)

The stuttering is probably your wifi. I was getting that when I used to use a Quest 2 and had a cheap router.

I think Steam Link works a lot better if you have eye tracking and foveating streaming. I switched back to VD after it got it's own foveatting streaming. I think image quality looks better in VD, but I haven't really messed around and tweaked settings with each of them.
 
Back
Top