Maxtor 300GB SATAII 16MB $59 Shipped

No they are 7200.10's.

All four of mine say "7200.10 Made by Seagate for Maxtor" , and they are very fast drives.

If you don't know, Seagate bought Maxtor like 1-1.5 years ago.

Yes, I know Seagate bought Maxtor a while ago and 7200.10 are fast.
Being a storage freak, I probably had more 7200.10 drives than you can ever imagine. :p
Let's hope you're right about this one. Just placed an order for 2 drives. ;)

I'm debating whether or not to pick up one of these to replace my 200 in my HTPC...I just can't decide...argh.

Yes, I know Seagate bought Maxtor a while ago and 7200.10 are fast.
Being a storage freak, I probably had more 7200.10 drives than you can ever imagine. :p
Let's hope you're right about this one. Just placed an order for 2 drives. ;)

Don't worry...I am Fry's Freak. Recently, I went to Fry's B&M that had these on sale (a while back) and pointed the same thing out to one of the guys in sales. He did not believe me either. He opened up one of the boxes and confirmed what I told him about them being 7200.10. The big hint is that the box says 'BONUS FREE 20 GB'. This is true for the SATA and PATA versions of these drives.

I bought my 4 drives on 3 different occaisions from Frys in the past 6 months, 2 online and 2 from B&M. 2 are PATA, and 2 are SATA and all 4 are 7200.10.

You guys will be happy, the only difference is I believe these only have a three year warranty as compared with 5 for a Seagate Branded Drive.

i bought one yesterday and it says its coming monday. Replacing my 160 in my media center so ill have 3x300 gb and can record more.

I bought yesterday too, and now it says deliver on Monday, Woowooo. I love DHL's Ground shipping.

I'll wait till Seagate drops the prices on its drives rather than Maxtor drives. Maxtor and I have a history together. Our year and half relationship ended with one of us broken, angry and in front of a moving car.........

I'll wait till Seagate drops the prices on its drives rather than Maxtor drives. Maxtor and I have a history together. Our year and half relationship ended with one of us broken, angry and in front of a moving car.........

Just got a picture of a huge hard drive with arms and legs standing over a dead body in the road.

I just stopped by Fry's and the instore price is $110 each. What a waste of time.

If $60 is going to bother you, maybe consider a job if you don't have one. :p
Could you explain? What is this "job" of which you speak?

Trying to decide if I should replace the two drives I have in my desktop with two of these. The ones in my desktop keep recalibrating, which is annoying considering how quiet the rest of the system is.

Could you explain? What is this "job" of which you speak?

Trying to decide if I should replace the two drives I have in my desktop with two of these. The ones in my desktop keep recalibrating, which is annoying considering how quiet the rest of the system is.

I have two of these drives in raid 0 and they are very fast and quiet. Very noticible difference from 2 x 160 in raid 0 to these.

Recalibrating? Bad Sectors?

I have two of these drives in raid 0 and they are very fast and quiet. Very noticible difference from 2 x 160 in raid 0 to these.

Recalibrating? Bad Sectors?

So these in raid would beat my single 74gb raptor eh? It's the old 8mb cache version :) I might get these and sell my raptor.

***Damn it... I finally bit. At least I know I thought it over rationally! :)

**Edit, now please... let's not post anything else [H]ot for at least a month. *whew*

So these in raid would beat my single 74gb raptor eh? It's the old 8mb cache version :) I might get these and sell my raptor.

**Edit, now plese... let's not post anything else [H]ot for at least a month. *whew*

Bout time. :p

**Edit, now please... let's not post anything else [H]ot for at least a month. *whew*

I think one of these should be around the same performace of your 74 gig Raptor (based upon benchmarks I saw on the web for 320 gig 7200.10 drives), 150 gig Raptor is definately faster. A pair of these will definately be faster in RAID 0 than your single 74 gig Raptor.

Did everyone got their e-mail confirmation?
I ordered 2 this morning and never got any confirmation. :confused:

I think one of these should be around the same performace of your 74 gig Raptor (based upon benchmarks I saw on the web for 320 gig 7200.10 drives), 150 gig Raptor is definately faster. A pair of these will definately be faster in RAID 0 than your single 74 gig Raptor.

Thanks for the info!!

& for the other post... I havn't recieved confirmation either.

**I did get them today...(the confirmation & all) :)

I got a confirmation, took em a few hours to acknowledge the order i think.. shipping came about 7 hours later, almost 4am.

I got a confirmation, took em a few hours to acknowledge the order i think.. shipping came about 7 hours later, almost 4am.

same here got email confirmation already hope i can order 2 more just got paid YES. "Spurs" rock:D

In for two myself; thanks OP. This will allow me to continue ripping all my DVDs to ISOs to play through my HTPC.

welp i went to staples and they pricematched it to 54.99 making it 59.98 after tax in N AZ! (last one though :)

i've been using an 80gb wd from my old dell for the past 2 years. $60 bucks for a 320gb sataII is unbeatable, even the manager said so haha.

"5/18/2007 l 1:16 am l Shipment picked up l Wilmington, OH"

It was picked up almost 2 days ago.

I wonder if the truck got in a wreck or something. :rolleyes:

Back