Maxtor 300GB SATAII 16MB $59 Shipped

Ordered 2 for RAID 0, i was about to buy that 200GB, then i saw this. Damn nice deal.

Looks like these are perpendicular drives and have the same specs, and very well could be the same drive, as the Seagate 720.10 drives.

Well PATA deal has 20GB Free + 300GB. But it does not say any where on SATA deal.

These might be old 300gb HDs..and not the new 320gb Seagates.

I ordered 2 of these a month ago for 69.99 each from Fry's. Both ended up being rebadged 320gb SATA Seagate 7200.10s...nice deal at the time.

pretty sweet, finally got me a sata hdd. Now to get a sata dvd rw. . . no more ribbon cables! :p

I am 99.9% sure that these are 7200.10 drives. I have 4 of these drives, and they all had the "20 gig free" and that is the hint that they are 7200.10s

I am 99.9% sure that these are 7200.10 drives. I have 4 of these drives, and they all had the "20 gig free" and that is the hint that they are 7200.10s

More like they are 7200.9s.
7200.10 = Perpendicular Recording.

More like they are 7200.9s.
7200.10 = Perpendicular Recording.

No they are 7200.10's.

All four of mine say "7200.10 Made by Seagate for Maxtor" , and they are very fast drives.

If you don't know, Seagate bought Maxtor like 1-1.5 years ago.

all this talk makes me want to jump on it... but I keep thinking that 400 & 500's will be this price soon... or is that crazy talk? LoL

I should use them for a htpc with scrap parts eh? :)

What's the difference between these and a Diamondmax 10? one just sold used on ebay for $76 + $15 for S&H... makes me want to order it... just in case I get buyers remorse for an impulse buy.

To buy or not to buy :eek:

What are the advantages of perpendicular recording?

If only i knew for sure that these were 7200.10's i'd probably bite but...

Great deal either way though imho

why do I check this forum.. WHYYYY??

I don't even need hard drive space....

In for 2. Thanks OP.

Here are two links i looked up on Maxtor and Seagate sites.

http://www.maxtorsolutions.com/en/catalog/Internal_SATA/

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/desktops/internal_3.5_inch_hard_drive/

I jumped on it.. ive needed a new drive for a long time. And for 60 bucks, this will be my first venture into SATA. It even supposedly includes cables and a power adaptor, im not sure if i have one of those on my PSU or not. With the adaptor you cant hotplug supposedly, but that hardly matters to me.

According to the order i got an L01F300

300GB (STM303004N1AAAS-RK / L01F300) - Maxtor
300GB (ST3300622AS-RK) SATA NCQ - Seagate (To compare to the model listed on seagate's site.)

Picked on up. I'm confident it'll be the 7200.10. IF they are I'll order another one and sell all 3 of my antique ide drives :)

why do I check this forum.. WHYYYY??

I don't even need hard drive space....

In for 2. Thanks OP.

ROFLMAO, Thats funny, I fell the same exact way, except I have NO money, so I am stuck beating myself up for being broke, lol.

Picked on up. I'm confident it'll be the 7200.10. IF they are I'll order another one and sell all 3 of my antique ide drives :)

The deal won't last long enough for you to turn around and order 3 more.

May the Schwartz be with you....

It's in my cart, just need to get the courage to hit submit. :(

On a side note, I read that this is actually equivalent to the Seagate ST3320620AS model based on feedback from another site......

I actually do not see a way to cancel an order at frys online. You may want to call them.. or maybe there is a way, hidden in there somewhere.

You cancelled!? LoL... I can't decide whether to get 1 or 2. I keep thinking I should build a little file server with my spare parts.

No, I was distracted by the Colbert Report, and I thought I ordered the PATA version. :rolleyes:

I bought it though.

Nice :D Needed a bigger drive so I could ditch these two small ones. Thanks!

Back