Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

I'm amazed at how many people would actually shell out more cash for a DLC of a proper ending.

If EA would pull THAT stunt, basically ripping customers of just so they can finish the game properly, that would propably be a rather valid excuse for DLC piracy. Good lord! Spent 70€ over retail CE FFS. :mad:

I would be VERY glad if they would extend the ending, a proper closure and no WTF feelings but if they would dare to ask money from it I personally would get a nerd hissyfit-rage of epic proportions. :mad:

If we pay for a DLC with a better ending, in one way we're condoning what they did and supporting it, as well as guaranteeing they'll do the same shit all over again in the future since we've shown them they can make money off it.

If we don't buy the DLC, we're stuck with things as they are other than headcanon images.

Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

If we pay for a DLC with a better ending, in one way we're condoning what they did and supporting it, as well as guaranteeing they'll do the same shit all over again in the future since we've shown them they can make money off it.

If we don't buy the DLC, we're stuck with things as they are other than headcanon images.

Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

I'm just pretending Shepard impregnated one of the Reapers in my ending.

As much as I hate to say it I would also pay for an ending DLC. I've read the novels, comics, and played through each game multiple times. I'm a huge fan of the series and I absolutely hate what they did to it at the end.

The game was already pushed back to March (I think it was scheduled for November 2011 at one point). It almost feels like Bioware knew they didn't have enough time to properly finish the game so they slapped the horrible ending on there to buy themselves time.

One of the execs at BioWare or EA did say something like "I would not throw out your ME3 save games after you finish the game" before the game was released.

I'm just waiting for the HL3 tie-in DLC. Where Gman shows up and reveals that Commander Shepard is in fact Gordon Freeman clean-shaven, brought into the future.

I mean couldn't you see the blue child at the end saying, "Time to choose, Commander Shepard. Time to choose. :D

As much as I hate to say it I would also pay for an ending DLC. I've read the novels, comics, and played through each game multiple times. I'm a huge fan of the series and I absolutely hate what they did to it at the end.

The game was already pushed back to March (I think it was scheduled for November 2011 at one point). It almost feels like Bioware knew they didn't have enough time to properly finish the game so they slapped the horrible ending on there to buy themselves time.

One of the execs at BioWare or EA did say something like "I would not throw out your ME3 save games after you finish the game" before the game was released.

It was scheduled for December 2011 and it was pushed back to March 6th 2012. I thought it was just to avoid brining it and SWTOR out in the same month, but as it turns out, ME3 needed more time for development by the looks of it. The game works well technically, but that ending is shit and they had to know that.

hmmm...has that ever happened before where a developer totally screws up a game's ending and then offers a different one in a paid DLC? I really doubt even EA would do something like that but if they did, indeed nobody should buy it or it might set a really shitty precedent...

DLC, probably of somethign unrelated. Extra gofer missions or soemthing.

yup im done with EA and Bioware
lest i wont have to use Origin for any thing else now

I hope someone shows him that quote when no one buys their next game.

No one was going to buy their next game after DA2 either. We all saw how that turned out.

Developers laugh heartily at spineless gamers who cry wolf over and over and over again.

No one was going to buy their next game after DA2 either. We all saw how that turned out.

Developers laugh heartily at spineless gamers who cry wolf over and over and over again.

Regardless, even their worst games are better than a lot of the best games by other developers. I hated DA2 after loving DA1 but its still a good game in its own right, just not a good Dragon Age game.

I think what annoys people the most is the rush EA puts the developer under. It is very obvious that they put them under strict time constraints which hurt the quality of their games. Its not a Blizzard Activision scenario where they give their creative geniuses room to breathe.

I will continue to buy Bioware games for the indefinite future and I will continue to be slightly disappointed I'm sure.

Regardless, even their worst games are better than a lot of the best games by other developers. I hated DA2 after loving DA1 but its still a good game in its own right, just not a good Dragon Age game.

I think what annoys people the most is the rush EA puts the developer under. It is very obvious that they put them under strict time constraints which hurt the quality of their games. Its not a Blizzard Activision scenario where they give their creative geniuses room to breathe.

I will continue to buy Bioware games for the indefinite future and I will continue to be slightly disappointed I'm sure.

Spot on. A disappointing Bioware game is still head and shoulders above most of the other crap out there. And a lot of the disappointment in the games seems to stem from the development time crunch EA imposes on them. DA2 clearly was not ready to be released but was forced out by EA.

ME3 on the other hand seems harder to justify...the game was heavily polished, ready to go...just the last few bits didn't seem as well fleshed out. Was that due to time constraints, or just a terrible brain fart at the worst possible moment? :(

Spot on. A disappointing Bioware game is still head and shoulders above most of the other crap out there. And a lot of the disappointment in the games seems to stem from the development time crunch EA imposes on them. DA2 clearly was not ready to be released but was forced out by EA.

ME3 on the other hand seems harder to justify...the game was heavily polished, ready to go...just the last few bits didn't seem as well fleshed out. Was that due to time constraints, or just a terrible brain fart at the worst possible moment? :(

The rumor going around now is that they did this due to the endings and original script for the game being leaked. They wanted to change things and needed more time to write a good ending for it.

The rumor going around now is that they did this due to the endings and original script for the game being leaked. They wanted to change things and needed more time to write a good ending for it.

Blah, just keep the damn ending. Those who really want to play it won't read it. Although I guess it could impact sales if people didn't like it...still, I think that (if true) is an overreaction.

Blah, just keep the damn ending. Those who really want to play it won't read it. Although I guess it could impact sales if people didn't like it...still, I think that (if true) is an overreaction.

I couldn't agree more. I knew the story leaked online and could have found the leaked story and read it myself if I wanted to, but I didn't even try to look for it. I wanted to play the game myself and discover it all for myself.

Problem is that ME3 is a really, really good game right up to last 5 minutes where it falls apart like a house of cards. In DA2 you could see the lack of quality all through the game (they just did not have time to make it right). ME3 is a complete game with very little obvious asset recycling.

I think it`s biggest epic fail in gaming for a good while... I mean, it has much worse ending than Fallout 3 originally had and that ending was "fixed" with Broken Steel DLC expansion.

Problem is that ME3 is a really, really good game right up to last 5 minutes where it falls apart like a house of cards. In DA2 you could see the lack of quality all through the game (they just did not have time to make it right). ME3 is a complete game with very little obvious asset recycling.

I think it`s biggest epic fail in gaming for a good while... I mean, it has much worse ending than Fallout 3 originally had and that ending was "fixed" with Broken Steel DLC expansion.

It's a weak ending for such an awesome game (otherwise) and a badass series. Probably the best science fiction RPG series to date.

WHoever came with the asinine decision that I've to play multiplayer to see best singleplayer ending is a d***head, who shoud be tortured with Bieber's music and Uwe Boll movies.

Now I've to load my saves before the final mission and propably just play several matches to get the readiness status over 4k. Hell, I won't even try to win, as I hate MP shooters.... I just hope there are points for just attending the thing, so I can log in, idle for 30 minutes and see readiness going up.

Seriously, I blame all those whiners who were praying EA / BIoware "why that game can't have multiplayer, give us, the PC players the MP matches". If only that game would stay Xbox exclusive none of this MP crap would ever make it into the game.

The MP is actually a very nice way to learn the different classes and different strategies.

I am not saying it is great, but I definately enjoyed it.

WHoever came with the asinine decision that I've to play multiplayer to see best singleplayer ending is a d***head, who shoud be tortured with Bieber's music and Uwe Boll movies.

Now I've to load my saves before the final mission and propably just play several matches to get the readiness status over 4k. Hell, I won't even try to win, as I hate MP shooters.... I just hope there are points for just attending the thing, so I can log in, idle for 30 minutes and see readiness going up.

Seriously, I blame all those whiners who were praying EA / BIoware "why that game can't have multiplayer, give us, the PC players the MP matches". If only that game would stay Xbox exclusive none of this MP crap would ever make it into the game.

You do not have to play the multplayer to get the "best" ending.

For some reason I was under the same impression or that there was some kind of connection between MP and SP.

There is a connection - your war readiness increases the more you play MP, thus increasing your strength. Theoretically you could reach max strength needed for the "best" ending with a higher readiness score and less total troops. However just by playing the SP game with a fixed 50% readiness score, you can obtain enough total troops to get the "best" ending.

You don't have to.

Per BW rep......

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/9665384

Hi everyone,

I've seen some posts where there is a bit of confusion about the ability to get the best endings by only playing single-player, because if you don't play multiplayer (or the iOS game, Infiltrator) your Galactic Readiness stays at 50%.

You do NOT have to play multiplayer to get the best single-player endings.

Here's a bit of clarification:

Your ending(s) are determined by your "Effective Military Strength" (let's call it EMS for now) bar. Focus on that bar - that is your indicator of how well you will do in the end-game.

You can maximize your EMS just by collecting War Assets in the single-player game. There is a certain threshhold of these you would need to exceed (I can't get too specific) but I can tell you there are MORE than the required amount that can be gathered in the single-player campaign.

"Galactic Readiness" is a modifier you can improve by playing multiplayer. That is to say, if you play a lot of multiplayer, you will need less War Assets from single-player to fill up your EMS bar (ie it will balance out the requirements to account for you playing in both modes). Single-player game play does not impact that bar.

EMS = success. EMS can be maximized via collecting war assets alone, even if your Galactic Readiness is 50%.

UPDATE: changing post title, "perfect" ending may create confusion. This post indicates how military strength, war assets and galactic readiness affect the endings.

I can confirm it's true. Even the best ending still sucks balls, but I got it without any MP.

You don't have to.

Per BW rep......

I can confirm it's true. Even the best ending still sucks balls, but I got it without any MP.

I've scanned every planet, done every mission and still am below 4k war asses - think I've about 3600... need4k for the best endings, so I guess I'll have to play a match or two.

And I really do hope, that galaxy readiness is account, not character binded, so when I import other character it will stay at lets say 60%.

Why Bioware couldn't go Ubisoft way, when they implemented MP matches into Asassin Creed. MP was fun there, and you could easily finish game without it. I'm just scared to think that they might do Dragon Age 3

Probably the best science fiction RPG series to date.

I'd say for a non-Star Wars space opera RPG, this series is tops. For overall scifi RPG, I'd easily give the nod to Fallout 1 -through- New Vegas. 3 being the low point.

I can guarantee they will not retire the setting ine ME, but they really need a kickass next entry

I've scanned every planet, done every mission and still am below 4k war asses - think I've about 3600... need4k for the best endings, so I guess I'll have to play a match or two.

And I really do hope, that galaxy readiness is account, not character binded, so when I import other character it will stay at lets say 60%.

Why Bioware couldn't go Ubisoft way, when they implemented MP matches into Asassin Creed. MP was fun there, and you could easily finish game without it. I'm just scared to think that they might do Dragon Age 3

Readiness is account based, BUT it drops 1% per day.

If you dont want to do MP at all and still boost your score, mod the save file.

Could get 50,000 easy with a couple zero's tacked on to some of the resource levels if you were so inclined.

I wouldn't do it on a first playthrough, but I'd be more tempted on another playthrough if I ever felt like playing it again, which at the moment, I dont see me ever doing.

If you dont want to do MP at all and still boost your score, mod the save file.

Could get 50,000 easy with a couple zero's tacked on to some of the resource levels if you were so inclined.

I wouldn't do it on a first playthrough, but I'd be more tempted on another playthrough if I ever felt like playing it again, which at the moment, I dont see me ever doing.

Yeah, Gibbed ME3 editor is helpful for that :) I saw all the 4 endings with reaper station destroyed in ME2 :) Wish I didn't.... each is crap as hell.

'You played ME1/ME2 multiple times, we know you loved this game. So we, the Bioware thought of something special, to reward your dedication. We made such endings, that compared tot hem "Skyline" movie is oscar-class"

You do not have to play the multplayer to get the "best" ending.

You don't have to.

Per BW rep......

provided we own all 3 games and all the dlc? I don't see any other way it would be possible, other than rolling all previously released side characters into the war assets, and they must be worth an absurd amount of points compared to the main storyline. how many points did you guys actually manage to accumulate?

here's a list from gamefaqs:

Readiness Rating:

Rating < 1750 - Earth is destroyed regardless of your choice
Rating 1751-2050 - If Shepard destroys the Reapers, Earth is destroyed.
Rating 2051-2350 - If Shepard becomes a Reaper, Earth is saved.
Rating 2351-2650 - If Shepard destroys the Reapers, Earth is only devastated.
Rating 2651-2800 - If Shepard destroys the Reapers, Earth is saved.
Rating 2801-4000 - Shepard can create a synergy between organics and synthetics.
Rating 4000-5000 - If Shepard destroys the Reapers and "saves" Anderson, Shepard
will also live as Earth is saved.
Rating 5000+ - If Shepard destroys the Reapers and does not "save" Anderson,
Shepard will also live as Earth is saved.
this implies that you're going to need a total of 10,000 points in war assets @ 50% readiness by the time you get to the final mission. sorry I don't see how this is possible, or maybe I was just being a total noob my first time around. also please use real sources not pr posts from bw reps, they are meaningless.

Back