Mass Effect 2 - thoughts, opinions?

Absolutely loving the game, playing as Adept, level 20 now, very immersive I'm covering all parts of this game.

Getting close to going into the omega 4 relay. Any NON-SPOILER tips before I go in?

Do EVERYTHING before you go into Omega 4.
All loyalty quests, all upgrades, all sidequests, check every planet for anomalies, etc.

Started with a previous save, made the one with the Tech armour, and have realised that it is a disgusting shit class and want to be able to change.

I am playing for the second time now, doing all the missions and upgrades, also switched class from soldier to Adept and deff more fun. I guess i played the first time just to see what happens at the end lol

Do EVERYTHING before you go into Omega 4.
All loyalty quests, all upgrades, all sidequests, check every planet for anomalies, etc.
I say this, but before the Reaper IFF.

There will be one unfilled squad position, but that's okay.

Such an amazing game, everyone who plays video games should play this game.
Not really, this game has way too much dialog for some people.
A lot of gamers just want to start the game and shoot stuff endlessly until they quit. The endless amounts of dialog in this game, let's face it, are gameplay interrupts.

Whether you like heavy amounts of dialog will depend whether you like this game or not.

Not really, this game has way too much dialog for some people.
A lot of gamers just want to start the game and shoot stuff endlessly until they quit. The endless amounts of dialog in this game, let's face it, are gameplay interrupts.

Whether you like heavy amounts of dialog will depend whether you like this game or not.

When does the sexing of Miranda take place?

I'm trying to get my female shepherd to sex miranda and kelly. I've read online she won't sex Miranda though.

I say this, but before the Reaper IFF.

There will be one unfilled squad position, but that's okay.

Not sure what you mean by that.

***SPOILER****
I lost none of my squad members after the collector ship stormed the normandy. Maybe if they are not loyal some squad members stay behind?

Just a totally useless thing that some of you guys probably didn't see. You do get your own bathroom in the captain quarters. Didn't notice the door until I bumped into it.

Yeah, real cool. And you get a mirror and a toilet to flush. :p

Just a totally useless thing that some of you guys probably didn't see. You do get your own bathroom in the captain quarters. Didn't notice the door until I bumped into it.

Yeah, real cool. And you get a mirror and a toilet to flush. :p

too bad u cant take a crap.

I feel really fucking silly for enjoying scanning planets as much as I do. I swear I raped the starting system free of every ounce of material before I even did the second mission. Works out well though, you can upgrade the nuts off just about everything the moment you get it.

I feel really fucking silly for enjoying scanning planets as much as I do. I swear I raped the starting system free of every ounce of material before I even did the second mission. Works out well though, you can upgrade the nuts off just about everything the moment you get it.
You would probably enjoy grind-fest games, such as WoW.

You should play Borderlands. :)

dude, im right there with you, I ended up finishing the game with over 300000 of each resource aside from Ezero. I felt like and great explorer.

I wish they would incorporate a difficulty past Insanity though. Is there anyway to mod the AI to be more challenging than on Insanity?

I remember seeing people post ways to edit the max shields/armor of enemies.
Try googling around for config editing.

Nah, see, scanning planets has a purpose to it. Whack on some musics, drill some planets senseless, and buy some fat guns. Good deal to me.

My favorite gun upgrade in the game

*TINY SPOILER*
The Cain. Nothing like utterly disintegrating 4 heavy mechs in one shot. I almost feel guilty for using it.

I loved the first ME, and love ME2 even more (thank god for the better combat). The only negative thing I found in the sequel is the form of the last boss. WTF?! Seriously? Lame.

Really impressed with this game. It's such a shame that both this, CoP and the BC2 beta all came my way within a week, I don't know what to do with myself. The visuals here are incredible for how little stress they put on my computer at max settings, though the only complaint would be that I can't find a way to raise the texture resolution anywhere.

Goes on forever, too. Xfire shows 12 hours played since I got it, and I think I've put in another six without it running, and I've only just recruited the Krogan and done Zaeed's loyalty mission. Good stuff.

My favorite gun upgrade in the game

*TINY SPOILER*
The Cain. Nothing like utterly disintegrating 4 heavy mechs in one shot. I almost feel guilty for using it.

At one point in the game I was checking it out when an enemy came up behind me; on instinct I turned around and shot....with the Cain. Oops :eek:

Nah, see, scanning planets has a purpose to it.

Wait... what? Scanning planets has a purpose but playing an MMO doesn't? At least you can play th MMO with other people and integrate some sense of social competence into the whole equation instead of pointlessly farming endless amounts of minerals which are utterly useless once you finish the game.

Wait... what? Scanning planets has a purpose but playing an MMO doesn't? At least you can play th MMO with other people and integrate some sense of social competence into the whole equation instead of pointlessly farming endless amounts of minerals which are utterly useless once you finish the game.

I'm happy to sit on Ventrilo chatting to people in singleplayer games. Bringing a social element to a game doesn't make it more valid ;)

Just finished it tonight... What a great experience... Managed to get through with no losses to my team. The ending did not feel as epic as ME1, but it was still great nonetheless.

Really looking forward to ME3 - I like how they're linking the sequels.

SPOILERS FOR MASS EFFECT 2

I was a bit let down by the divergence from "hard sci-fi" at the end of the game... why is Harbinger taunting me? Why do flying platforms keep bringing me closer and closer to the new reaper? So I can kill it?

I really want to know why the embryonic reaper was in that form. And why its raw material is comprised of processed humans. I can't think of a "hard sci-fi" reason for it, and it's troubling me because the hard-sci-fi-ness of Mass Effect has been the absolute best part of the first two games for me.

SPOILERS FOR MASS EFFECT 2

I was a bit let down by the divergence from "hard sci-fi" at the end of the game... why is Harbinger taunting me? Why do flying platforms keep bringing me closer and closer to the new reaper? So I can kill it?

I really want to know why the embryonic reaper was in that form. And why its raw material is comprised of processed humans. I can't think of a "hard sci-fi" reason for it, and it's troubling me because the hard-sci-fi-ness of Mass Effect has been the absolute best part of the first two games for me.

*SPOILERS*

If you pay close attention through out the first and second game, you discover that the Protheans and Humans have crucial trait that makes them a target for harvest for their reproduction. It has something to do with the double helix dna structure that both the humans and protheans share ( EDI presents this info after you enter the Collector ship). Perhaps the answers will be clarified in the third. At the end of the first game, all we knew was that the Reapers invade and utterly destroy organics at their peak. We weren't given a reason why or for what purpose they have for destroying Organics, we just knew that there were many more than had to be stopped. Now, after the second game, we are clued in a bit. The reapers don't just destroy organics, they harvest them to reproduce. Perhaps more will be revealed in the first as to how the organic material is used.

*SPOILER*

During the mission, where you first fight Collectors in human's colony, you can hear Harbringer saying "We are Harbringer of their perfection"... seems they need the human/prothean DNA to create new Reapers or there are some traits in the DNA they need.

One thing however is more questionable... single Reaper almost wiped out full Citadel / Alliance fleet, other singlehanded took out most of human colonies. Now there is hundreds of them waking up... I really hope that it won't be make that way, that every opponent you fight in ME3 will be Reaper :p

ME3 is probably going to end up like Dragon Age cept no one believes you.

The Reapers are coming, We need your help!

Pfft yeah right. We're not pledging any ships, much less Dreadnaughts, to fight some imaginary enemy.

I am so confused right now, being this is the [H]ardforums I would expect more but how are you all saying you liked this game so much? IMO its crap, what a waste of time.

Back