Marvel's Avengers

looks decent but i feel like this should be called avengers: 2030 or something. everyone nowadays only really know the current time mcu avengers.

looks decent but i feel like this should be called avengers: 2030 or something. everyone nowadays only really know the current time mcu avengers.
Even more confusing that <current year> Ms. Marvel is also apparently the main character and leader in this game. She looks to be consistently one of the lowest selling characters among the people who still buy comic books.

Even more confusing that <current year> Ms. Marvel is also apparently the main character and leader in this game. She looks to be consistently one of the lowest selling characters among the people who still buy comic books.

When written well, Kamala is a great character and during the first run of her book she was constantly praised as one of the best new characters out of Marvel in a long time. Her book suffered from the same over-all drop in writing quality as a lot of Marvel titles as time went on, but she still has the potential to be great if written well. I also don't think she's the leader in this game, more like the "heart" of the team, the person that pushes them back together.

Marvel's Avengers beta

The beta will apparently contain a bit of everything, from co-op to the campaign ...
  • August 7 - PlayStation preorder beta
  • August 14 - Xbox and PC preorder beta
  • August 14 - PlayStation open beta
  • August 21 - Xbox and PC open beta

Like the staged missions so you dont get burned out. The Hulk in the suit is the Grey Hulk code nammed Mr Fixit in the comics.

Wake me up when Silver Surfer gets his own game. Not saying it's bad but nobody likes a showoff.

Game looks pretty solid to me honestly. I think 90% of the hate it's getting is just from the "MCU knockoff" feel of the presentation. Other than that it basically looks like a high-budget Ultimate Avengers which I think is a good thing.

Game looks pretty solid to me honestly. I think 90% of the hate it's getting is just from the "MCU knockoff" feel of the presentation. Other than that it basically looks like a high-budget Ultimate Avengers which I think is a good thing.

visually it looks much better then the early gameplay videos but I still think it's too button mash-ey and arcadey...

Minimum Spec
  • CPU: i3-4160 or AMD equivalent
  • 8GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GTX 950 / AMD 270 (min 2GB video ram)
  • DirectX 12
  • 75GB HDD space
Recommended Spec
  • Windows 10 64-bit
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K, 3.4 Ghz or AMD Ryzen 51600, 3.2 Ghz
  • 16GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB or AMD Radeon RX 480, 8GB.
  • DirectX 12
  • 110GB SSD space
** The PC version of Marvel’s Avengers offers an optional 30GB high-resolution texture pack, bringing the richest, highest-detailed visuals throughout the game world...Forests will feel lusher, the tundra more frigid, and AIM facilities all the more sinister to really bring the experience to life...Additionally, there will be support for ultra-wide resolutions as well as multi-monitor configurations so Marvel’s Avengers will look good no matter your set up

In order to give you the smoothest experience we can that fits your particular gaming comforts, there will be fully unlocked framerate to support extremely responsive 144hz gameplay on capable systems...There will also be fully configurable keyboard and mouse controls with many customization options to tune them to your playstyle and the ability to seamlessly switch between controllers and keyboard/mouse and use our recommended controller configuration or have the option to fully customize their layout to your liking

OK, now I'm much more interested...the HD Texture Pack along with the other PC specific features are impressive...seems like Crystal Dynamics didn't just make a console game and port it over to PC

OK, now I'm much more interested...the HD Texture Pack along with the other PC specific features are impressive...seems like Crystal Dynamics didn't just make a console game and port it over to PC
it still could be, perhaps im jaded but my guess is they made the HD texture pack for when the next gen consoles drop later this year giving the game an upgraded mode over the ps4/xbox one and they are just releasing those textures now for the PC.

I watched it on a few twitch streams last week during the beta. Many were having fun but the tutorial was literally 3 hours long before you could do multiplayer co-op. Framerates were pretty bad in performance mode on the pro or on regular ps4.

I get the impression that this is going to be another Anthem. A game with a ton of potential behind it's gameplay and mechanics, but ends up being such a soulless cash grab that everything comes off as lifeless, joyless, and boring by the time you get through whatever there is to offer at launch.

Anyone tried the public open beta? Not fond of the idea of linking my steam account to a square enix account for that.

Tried the public BETA, the gameplay was dull and generic, I expected better from Crystal Dynamics, the visuals looked outdated and unoptimized.

Anyone tried the public open beta? Not fond of the idea of linking my steam account to a square enix account for that.

Yeah. I'd rate it Alright/10. Some potential, some fun to be had, but will likely like every single other GAS game with a shitty launch and no content for a year+.

was there really that many people that didn't think this game looked like a crappy cash grab?

graphics look pretty good (there's also an HD Texture Pack incoming for PC)...the problem is the gameplay loop...Anthem at least had the core gameplay and mechanics down...with Avengers it looks like a cheap knockoff of the movies and a pure arcadey style where all you do is button mash...can't more developers try and create something interesting and unique with these Live service games...it seems designed for console players

and the PS Spider Man exclusive is another huge negative (unless you own a PS)

Played the open beta a bit over the weekend. A definite "meh" for me. Graphics were ok I guess. Definitely had some inconsistencies in frame rate but it's a beta so to be expected I guess. I did download the extra texture pack via the Steam DLC window - not sure what difference it made since I didn't do a before/after comparison.

The biggest issue is the gameplay loop. As everyone said, it's super mindless button-mashey and got tiresome very fast. Destiny is grindy in the same way but at least the gunplay feels pretty good. Here none of the combat was interesting at all which is a big deal if they want to keep people playing.

was there really that many people that didn't think this game looked like a crappy cash grab?
I did. Game looks like garbage. It is a "Live" service game after all. SE is one of the more greedy gaming companies out there.

I just read this game is 90gb on PS4. I want to know why? This game looks like crap.

Marvel's Avengers | Launch Trailer

Prepare to Embrace Your Powers on September 4th...

Back