Marvel's Avengers

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Square Enix has confirmed that the worldwide reveal of its Avengers game is happening at E3 2019...Crystal Dynamics is developing the game along with Eidos Montreal...

huh...
trailer makes more sense now that it did two years ago. need to keep an eye on this one.

Yeah this could be ok maybe not Jack Kirby good but along the lines of John Byrne :D

Avengers can be played as a singleplayer game or with up to four players in co-op...it will feature Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, and Iron Man, with new heroes added after launch for free...Marvel's Avengers will launch on PC and Google Stadia...while Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics is the primary studio, three others including Eidos-Montreal, Crystal Northwest and Nixxes Software will collaborate on the game...the voice cast includes Nolan North as Tony Stark and Troy Baker as Bruce Banner....Meagan Marie of Crystal Dynamics said that launch is just the beginning, with the Avengers planning to "deliver a narrative over multiple years with exciting new content delivered at a regular basis."

"Our promise to the community is we won't have random loot boxes or pay to win scenarios," Marie said...in a press release, Crystal Dynamics head Ron Rosenberg added that "every new Super Hero and region will be delivered to players at no additional cost if you own the core game."...based on what we've seen and heard, it's likely that Marvel's Avengers will be a live service game in the spirit of Destiny and The Division...

coming May 15th 2020...

Leaked gameplay from SDCC:

Eeeeeh. Really does nothing for me. Feels like one of those movie tie-in games studios would rush out in the early days of the MCU.

They say they are doing their own thing and not trying to copy the movies, but the writing and mannerisms of the characters are just copies of how the actors portrayed them.

I really think this is going to come back and bite them in the ass. I believe the truth is they didn't want to have to pay for licensing the likeness and VO.

SP & co-op is a huge red flag these days (post 2007 or so).

Also, this face. LOL.

rsxyrN4PredTRGJiDccTzm-650-80.jpg

Looks like a man.

They say they are doing their own thing and not trying to copy the movies, but the writing and mannerisms of the characters are just copies of how the actors portrayed them.

I really think this is going to come back and bite them in the ass. I believe the truth is they didn't want to have to pay for licensing the likeness and VO.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Marvel pushed them into going for that look.

From the SDCC video my only gripe is all of the naration from the characters is excessive kinda like deadpool cracking jokes all the time. Nobody wants a wants a talking videogame.

Last edited:
Crystal Dynamics revealed today that Kamala Khan, better known in the superhero world as Ms. Marvel, will be the sixth playable character in the upcoming Marvel's Avengers...

this game looks really goofy...like a cheap knockoff

Personally I don't give two shits that the characters don't look like the MCU actors.

Its fine that they don't look like the actors, but god damn the art style of the game is so bad and the character models all look like crap. They're trying to replicate the look of the MCU movies and doing a dogshit job of it.

Crystal Dynamics revealed today that Kamala Khan, better known in the superhero world as Ms. Marvel, will be the sixth playable character in the upcoming Marvel's Avengers...

this game looks really goofy...like a cheap knockoff

It does look absolutely atrocious.

As a comic fan I have a hard time getting excited about this game. I see the gameplay but it's all from the movies and not the comics sure the costumes are the same as the comics sorta. When you have a bunch of Avengers bunched up together kinda takes the wind out of it. Same thing happens with multi characters in comics I thought the Infinity War comics Ron Lim drew were pretty decent but who knows how good this will turn out? The last Avengers game I played was the arcade version from 20+ years ago I thought that was pretty decent.

Marvel's Avengers - Embrace Your Powers

definitely looks better then all the previous trailers...graphics also look improved...I'm still not hooked though...

Marvel's Avengers - Embrace Your Powers

definitely looks better then all the previous trailers...graphics also look improved...I'm still not hooked though...

Looks like the gameplay footage in that trailer is still having framerate issues. Might be limited to the console version.

Back