Made a folding sim chair.

bluesynk

Limp Gawd
I picked up Assetto Corsa for my Vive. Ordered a g29 wheel after playing for 45 min. It's taking forever to get here so I built this.
20170513_120118.jpg

And it folds up like this
20170513_120023.jpg

Just need a mini compressor for the air ride!

Man, I've been wanting to do something like that with my wheel for quite a while and I don't even have VR. My biggest issue with not having a proper "rig", the damn stick shift feels so wonky at the same height as the wheel. Assetto Corsa is just a great game made 100x better with the proper setup.

I don't have photos of it immediately, but I did something similar with a seat from an Infinit G35 for playing Elite Dangerous. Best desk chair ever.

I'll have to post a pic of mine, but I got a seat out of the middle of a mini van (with the modular seats) so it folds into a coffee table when not in use, complete with cup holders...Built the frame for the wheel/shifter/pedals out of 2x4's and it works very well. Cost around 30 bucks total and took maybe 3 hours to build. I'm running a fairly ancient G25 (over 10 years old!) but it still works fine except for reverse on the stick shift, which I'm sure I could fix, so not planning to upgrade anytime soon.

Back