Mad Max (2015)

This game is Great the draw distance viewing environments in the game is Amazing like it much better then Metal Gear. Playing with a controller is fun fun I think they borrowed some stuff from General Knoxx of Borderlands I.

I'm the exact oposit I am liking mgs5 waaay more than mad max. Mad mac seems like there isn't really a story and the only button you hit is lm for every thing. Fighting is a joke it's so easy even easier than assassin's creed. It may change when you get further into the game but as of right now it's rather laughable. That being said I'm still going to play it through. Even though it kinda feels like a red faction gorilla, but with cars and limited destruction

Plays well so far. Early days yet, buts its fun. For me, not as fun as MGS V though, however, im sure it will get there. I guess I've played too much GTA V.

Game is much better than expected. And runs great everything maxed out, except from a few stutters, which I contribute to running it off an old HDD. (my gaming drive died a few weeks ago, and haven't replaced it yet).

It also looks good, not great, but good. Controls are fine with mouse/kb. Game seems extremely easy so far. But I only did the first three missions yet.

Among the few cons is that the game world seems extremely barren. Right what do I expect from a wasteland. But apart from a few scavenging areas where I only can find a scrap (which I don't know what it's use yet) there is nothing to do apart the story missions. Maybe it will change later. At least the menu shows at least half a dozen factions, and the map looks quite big, I wonder when it will unlock. I hate it when a game only let's you explore the whole map near the very end.

Plus car physics seem really wonky, and the car seems to go faster / slower depending on the environment which is weird. Why can't I choose how fast I want to go in a narrow twisting cave?
At least it's not terrible, I feared the physics. But it's acceptable for such a game, but nowhere near what I'd call good.

I hear you Nick, I'm seeing the crappy reviews among the good reviews, and it seems that the reason that there's some negativity towards the game is the repetitive nature of combat and some of the side quests. Granted...Batman is an excellent game, and it has those same "negative" aspects.

I really don't give a shit though, I'm digging what I've been through so far in the last hour of play. Can't wait to get back into it again tomorrow morning after I get some work done.

P.S. We seem to have a similar attitude towards games, why aren't we steam friends!? :mad:

Add me: SupremeAim

ugh 30min till I leave work >< I am super excited to get home and play both this and MGS.

Game is much better than expected. And runs great everything maxed out, except from a few stutters, which I contribute to running it off an old HDD. (my gaming drive died a few weeks ago, and haven't replaced it yet).

Stutters for me on an SSD, so I think it's a game problem. Hopefully something fixable via patch.

Getting 150-200+ fps with almost everything maxed out (Bloom and Motion Blur are off due to my dislike of both features) at 1920x1080. I'm going to have to see how it runs at 4K next time I play. It seems fun so far.

The game has a capture mode like Shadow of Mordor, prepare for amazing screenshots.

Are there forced stealth missions? I got tired of the stealth missions in SOM and finally uninstalled the game without beating it.

Are there forced stealth missions? I got tired of the stealth missions in SOM and finally uninstalled the game without beating it.

Mad Max can't even crouch so there is no stealth as far as I can tell.

Missions are, go in car blazing and ram down the front gate then brawl them all down or find a secret entrance and brawl them all down.

Every location also tells you how many of each collectible is there, this will trigger the ocd people to find all the stuff in each location before moving on.

i played the game briefly for like 20 minutes.... visually the game looks alright as long as make sure to change the settings yourself.... default refresh rate was set at 23Hz for me.... ??? ... that was weird...

melee combat is basically a slower version of batman.... im not liking how the firearm controls are....

Stutters for me on an SSD, so I think it's a game problem. Hopefully something fixable via patch.

I'm getting 120+ fps at times and stuttering like a madman. It's running off my Raid 0 2TB Hitachi drives I use for my games. It hurts my eyes so badly. I thought I was going to throw up just then.

The really weird thing is that there is zero screen tearing. Not one artifact to be seen. Not one bad texture and I'm maintaining a minimum of 80+ fps.

Getting around 47-50 and up fps running at 4k with the same settings listed above. Even if it's not the best looking game in the world that's actually kind of impressive.

Is there a difficulty setting? I have only played for an hour or so, but the game is ludicrously easy so far. My only real complaint so far is that picking up scrap feels a little tedious right now. Perhaps that will change later on in the game if there are upgrades that help with collecting...

For mobile users I am running it on my laptop and getting great performance . It is maintaining 70+ FPS on very high setting no vsync . The laptop is a i7-3720qm and GTX970m 6gb version to my desktop monitor 1920x1200 . No overclock on either the CPU or GPU .

Is there a difficulty setting? I have only played for an hour or so, but the game is ludicrously easy so far. My only real complaint so far is that picking up scrap feels a little tedious right now. Perhaps that will change later on in the game if there are upgrades that help with collecting...

No difficulty level, there are some upgrades to strongholds where your allies will collect scrap you leave on the ground. The most challenging parts so far involve taking out convoys, although those get easier with more upgrades.

i played the game briefly for like 20 minutes.... visually the game looks alright as long as make sure to change the settings yourself.... default refresh rate was set at 23Hz for me.... ??? ... that was weird...

melee combat is basically a slower version of batman.... im not liking how the firearm controls are....

My refresh rate keeps reverting to 23hz. It might just be a bug in the menus as it seems to be running higher than that... I'm too lazy to install some monitoring program to see for sure.

I know it sounds crazy but the trailers looked like ass to me. I didn't even realize this came out, whats the consensus here?

I know it sounds crazy but the trailers looked like ass to me. I didn't even realize this came out, whats the consensus here?
Mediocre. Big open world with a lot of reptitive things to do (like Ubisoft games) and really awful Arkham-style combat.

Mediocre. Big open world with a lot of reptitive things to do (like Ubisoft games) and really awful Arkham-style combat.

Of course that last one depends entirely on if you like that style of combat or not. So far I'm enjoying it, but we'll see if it sticks with me.

I want to like the game but something seems off to me. Looks great visually. Only playyed 15-20 mins so far.
Combat is ok, but going from 1 enemy to the other is not as quick as Batman or SOM. It's slow in that regard. Hopefully there will be added death to combat.

Shooting is a little weird. Hard to explain.

Driving goes from enjoyable to WTF...

I will try some more tomorrow but it's not bad so far, just a little underwhelming...

My refresh rate keeps reverting to 23hz. It might just be a bug in the menus as it seems to be running higher than that... I'm too lazy to install some monitoring program to see for sure.

Mine always reverts to 50hz. I wonder if that is causing all of the stuttering even though I'm getting frame rates in the low 100's at times.

Loving this game.. I said before I'm a massive Mad Max fan so I freely admit I'm biased, but it's a total blast. Lots of detail and love for the world itself. Car combat is insanely fun and addicting. Melee combat is fun and has huge "crunch" and oomph to it.

Not out to change anyone's mind, you'll like what you like.. I think this game is fantastic though.

If you've seen the trailers and it looks fun then I can safely say that the game plays as well as it looks. It's nothing ground breaking and if your not tired of the standard open world formula this is worth picking up, especially since you can grab it for $20-$30 on several sites

most reviews I've seen echo these comments...nothing revolutionary but a decent game...6 or 7 out of 10...fun for what it is...not every game needs to be the greatest of all time or groundbreaking in order to be enjoyable...for the right price I can see myself getting this game down the line

most reviews I've seen echo these comments...nothing revolutionary but a decent game...6 or 7 out of 10...fun for what it is...not every game needs to be the greatest of all time or groundbreaking in order to be enjoyable...for the right price I can see myself getting this game down the line

Well then you're in luck. It's $20 at cdkeys.com

Hey guys. I am having troubles with the harpoon gun. I do like it shows aim with right mouse button then fire with left mouse button. But It doesn't seem to work. Meaning I aim and there is no high lighted target. So I cannot fire. Cannot some explain what I am doing wrong?

I don't trust gray market sites like cdkeys...I know people swear that it's safe but for me I'd rather wait for a more 'legit' sale

Pay with PayPal like I do. Cdkeys might be the only place I'll ever get PC games from now on tbh.

Hey guys. I am having troubles with the harpoon gun. I do like it shows aim with right mouse button then fire with left mouse button. But It doesn't seem to work. Meaning I aim and there is no high lighted target. So I cannot fire. Cannot some explain what I am doing wrong?

In order for a highlight to show up, say a car part in a chase, or one of the towers, you have to be fairly close to it.

I was having problems trying to pull down the one scarecrow with the harpoon gun. Tried every where around it but nothing. Then just found out cause I am running triple monitors is the problem. So I lowered from 5760x1200 to 1920x1200 and the harpoon gun then worked.

In order for a highlight to show up, say a car part in a chase, or one of the towers, you have to be fairly close to it.

I don't trust gray market sites like cdkeys...I know people swear that it's safe but for me I'd rather wait for a more 'legit' sale

Greenmangaming has it for $36 with the coupon code MADMAX-SAVE40-MADMAX

I think you might want to cap fps at your screens refresh rate. Mine is at 120 and does not stutter. I do get a bit of a hitch here and there but I believe it is ssd related. Runs very well overall.

Seems like hitching is a big issue for quite a few people, but I haven't run into a single hitch yet. Usually I'm the one with most of the issues too.

Seems like hitching is a big issue for quite a few people, but I haven't run into a single hitch yet. Usually I'm the one with most of the issues too.

Haven't had any either, but hopefully Avalanche can fix the issue quickly for those experiencing it.

I figured out how to fix it. Cut off the Steam fps overlay and it is fixed. I would assume that this would go for other programs like Afterburner, Geforce Experience, Raptr, etc where you enabled it to track fps. I have Afterburner running now, but no overlays and zero hitching.

My friend claims how the game feels when u walk and drive the car its a console port ? i said no way the game runs and looks too good for that right ? id say this game is almost as good as gta v in terms of quality and fun while playing.

Exactly. 7/10. Decent.

Back