Mad Max (2015)

A no brainer at this price IMHO. I just can't believe the game is going to be that bad.

The game itself will probably be good the question is how badly WB will fuck up the PC version. As much as I'd love to say "It's Avalanche, they're great PC developers" it won't matter if WB forced them to focus entirely on the console versions and ignore the PC version until the last minute.

The game itself will probably be good the question is how badly WB will fuck up the PC version. As much as I'd love to say "It's Avalanche, they're great PC developers" it won't matter if WB forced them to focus entirely on the console versions and ignore the PC version until the last minute.

That's a fair point.

Don't know how long it'll last but right now CD keys has Mad Max for $19.99. Despite my reservations on the PC version that price was way too good to pass up.

I think the game will be fun for those that found Shadows of Mordor fun.

For 20'ish bucks it seems worth the money easily.

I just wish they didn't go with a usual "Ubisoft" style approach in both the map design/gameplay (IE climb hot air balloons to "unlock" the map) and the melee combat style. Both of those just get super-repetitive after you've played a few hours.

if Mad Max: Fury Road hadn't come out earlier this year (fantastic movie!) then this would just be another game...it's getting all this buzz solely due to Fury Road (and maybe because of the surprise success of Shadow of Mordor)...games that come out of nowhere and are actually good are rare...I'm not sold on this Mad Max game being as good as some people are predicting...the gameplay videos look good but also don't look like anything special

Looks like a lot of driving around a desert to me (true to the franchise I suppose), but for $20...eh, why not. Looks fun enough.

Don't know how long it'll last but right now CD keys has Mad Max for $19.99. Despite my reservations on the PC version that price was way too good to pass up.

Bought. I mean $20 bucks is cheaper than a 12pack of beer.

I bought it too. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised and don't regret it. I figured if I waited much longer I might not get the $19.99 deal.

so people are buying this just because it happens to be $19.99 (on some gray market site)??

You can get it from gmg for 50% off if you don't want to go through a gray market site:

Coupon: MADMAX-SAVE50-MADMAX

PC version of MGSV comes out on the 15th, while Mad Max comes out on the 1st.

The PC version of MGSV comes out on the 1st (31st in most of the world). They changed the release date early this month. Release info for the game is in this post.
Pfft. Who reads the OP of a thread that is 23 pages deep that was posted a year ago? :p

I'm in. We're well into "why the hell not?" territory here. Worse case scenario it's an ideal come down game from Metal Gear.

I'm in. We're well into "why the hell not?" territory here. Worse case scenario it's an ideal come down game from Metal Gear.

Yeah. The price was just too good to pass up. Even if ends up being mediocre it's still a good price.

GMG sent out keys overnight (I'm in the Eastern USA). Preloading Mad Max now.

looking forward to reading the reviews for this game...another Shadow of Mordor sleeper or a dud?...could go either way...wish they would have varied the environments up a bit...total desert wasteland with a few outposts will get dull if not filled up with interesting characters, gameplay and/or next-gen graphics

looking forward to reading the reviews for this game...another Shadow of Mordor sleeper or a dud?...could go either way...wish they would have varied the environments up a bit...total desert wasteland with a few outposts will get dull if not filled up with interesting characters, gameplay and/or next-gen graphics

It has to be a giant desert, that's part of the Mad Max world.

It has to be a giant desert, that's part of the Mad Max world.

I love the Mad Max movies...Fury Road is my Movie of the year thus far...but they should have made the game more like Fallout 4 where the quirky characters can stand out more...the amazing action and car chases of the movie work well for a 2 hour blockbuster but in a game it won't sustain itself for 30+ hours

Ew...compression on that video is awful, worst "1080p" footage I've ever seen.

That said, game looks good.

Someone recorded it off of a stream apparently. For whatever reason Avalanche doesn't archive their streams.

Back