Love your socket 754?

Except that guide only goes up too 1.55 which ain't near enough juice for benching. I'm working on a vcore mod for the Epox. I have the PWM pin out already and it looks to be fairly easy.

I'll be interested in seeing your mod. The Abit NV8 allows voltages up to 1.7v. Next after that is 1.85v and while I am crazy, I'm not stupid... :)
You are absolutely correct, 1.55v is useless for benching - especially for Palermo Semprons and Venice A64's. I have to use 1.7v to get max oc's but it's all good since I have good air cooling.

You get a combination of motherboard voltages and pinmod voltage. If your board allows for 1.55v then with pinmod you'd be able to give upto 1.95v. I don't think you read it properly.

If you have a board which only allows stock voltage then your max pinmod would be 1.55v which would still allow for more of an OC over boards standard voltage.

You get a combination of motherboard voltages and pinmod voltage. If your board allows for 1.55v then with pinmod you'd be able to give upto 1.95v. I don't think you read it properly.

If you have a board which only allows stock voltage then your max pinmod would be 1.55v which would still allow for more of an OC over boards standard voltage.

Excellent then. Thank you for that. I learn something new every day.

Alright, the testbed build is a-go. I'm going to see how things go with my current 3400+ venice, and I'll snag the 4000+ newark if it seems like it's going to be worth it. I currently have the motherboard, processor, and two GTX260's ready to go; I just need to scrounge up a power supply that can handle a setup like this (none of my spares are really equiped for SLI)

Wish me luck :D

Your seem a bit smug sir.
Can you really say that in the same breath as the following?
Perhaps you mistake my status here for reality. Your probably right though my 172 Gold cups @ the BOT were probably a fluke. I bow too your Supreme Hardness sir.
Pot, meet ketle.

I honestly hadn't even looked at your status until you pointed it out. Neither a users's postcount nor their number of years registered with the forum has any bearing on the person behind the keyboard. Developing a superiority or inforiority complex based on that statistic would be equally as asinine as judging others based on that same statistic. A user is more than their postcount, Q.E.D.

Alright. I am an arrogant bastard this is for certain. Would never claim to be otherwise. I believe we or I started off on the wrong foot. My apologies.

The first computer I built was a Socket 754 Sempron 3100+

That proc will always have place in my heart :)

I recently tried replacing my Gigabyte Socket 754 motherboard to a ARock Socket 754 and it didn't the Cool n Quiet feature so I guess Socket 754 isn't Cool n Quiet reliable.

I have an old MSI 754 board with a 3400+ in a closet... seems a shame to let it do nothing. Maybe I'll fire it up in spirit of this thread.

We should make a s754 Forever T'shirt... LoL. Then the 939 and other's will want one. We'll be RICH! ;-)

I recently tried replacing my Gigabyte Socket 754 motherboard to a ARock Socket 754 and it didn't the Cool n Quiet feature so I guess Socket 754 isn't Cool n Quiet reliable.

I've never bothered with C'N'Q since I always push my systems to the max. I've got the feature on all my mobo's but never messed with it.

I have an old MSI 754 board with a 3400+ in a closet... seems a shame to let it do nothing. Maybe I'll fire it up in spirit of this thread.

That's a fast enough computer to donate to a good cause. The organization I volunteer for would take it in a second.

Anyway, the SB debacle has me feeling nostalgic over AMD. Long live Socket 754!

I'm still using my my 3400+ Clawhammer system that I built back in 2004 as my main today lol

I've been using all the components in my sig since 2004 except for the video card, psu, and monitor.

My original video card was an ATI Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro which had artifacts one day so I had to replace with a 7800GS.
My OCZ psu just died one day and wouldn't boot. Replaced with a Corsair CX430.
My monitor also just died one day and wouldn't turn on. I'm now using a Samsung SyncMaster 753df CRT monitor that I'm borrowing from my friend.

I think its time for an upgrade :confused:

I used to have a 3700+ on s754. Loved that thing lol. I still have a 3400+ s754 laying around.

I had the DFI Lanparty UT nf3 250gb mobo too. That hing was awesome! I always wanted a 7800GS, but never got around to it.

I was given a MSI Neo Platinum and a 3000+. Guess this is gonna be what I'll run Windows Home Server 2011 on. I've always wanted to play with a 754 simply for the "first generation" 64-bit nerd factor.

I remember when I had a s754, years ago :eek:. My 920 makes it feel like absolutely forever ago.

I had a 3400+. I remember running the 3dmark06 benchmark with that cpu, and man that thing was slooooooooow in the cpu benchmark. It stayed at 0 for fps for nearly all of the cpu part.

I used Epox for a few builds a few failed most working ok. They're gone now from the mobo business from what I can tell shame really quite good bang per buck. I guess Asrock is the place to go to now for bang per buck boards (used quite a few of those decent boards)

Anyone know what ram in a 2 gig configuration works with these boards (dfi) with mobile chips? (4000+)

754 and SLI?

As usual I'm behind the times ;)

Yup... I had the Epox too... Ran it with GeForce 7800GT's. Way before Core 2 Duo's came out with Intel... I think? That was so far back. heck... AM2's weren't even out. Just 754 and 939s. Back then Lanparty was Supreme for 939 too. Boy have the times changed...

I miss DFI. I always wanted to get a Lanparty board. They were the coolest looking motherboards, especially when used in a windowed PC case with a cold cathode light kit.

Back