Love your socket 754?

Awww, I left the 754 scene and moved over to 939. Now, I feel left out. However, I like dual channel on 939, and I, personally, couldn't get my znf3-150 + A642800 to accept 1gb of ram, and that made me very discouraged with s754.

shadowbreaker513 said:
LONG LIVE S754!

Is that a "count me in?" :D

And damn this thread's been busy while I was gone. You guys are keepin' me busy. :p List updated...gotta wait for any info from el-presidente.

ATIIsBetter said:
You have another new member, my A64 3000+ is where its at..

Hey the 3000+ is a great proc. Went for a 3400+ myself. Love the 754!!

tsuehpsyde said:
Well, we want you! The socket 754 club, or the s754 club as we so lovingly refer to it as, is looking for those who can't get enough of that performance/dollar ratio....and single channel memory. :p And as their "PR dude" it's my job to get recruits....now who wants in on this ownage? :D Just say "I'm in", or something similar, and just put that you're a member of the s754 club in your sig, and you're set.

Current "Higher Ups":
-------------------------------
(cf)Eclipse: El Presidente
robberbaron: Vice President(e)
CCUABIDExORxDIE: Secretary
tsuehpsyde: "PR dude"

Current Members:
--------------------------
Borgschulze
splinter3k
x_dreamer
jordan12
diablo111
Nuc_E
compslckr
Juan Sanchez
ATIIsBetter

I be in the list. I am excited. :D

lol, "engineering sample" ha. heh, ya i dont know why it likes to call itself 2200. amd thought itd preform like a 2200? then realized it was better than they thought so they called it a 3000+ later? .

x_dreamer said:
lol, "engineering sample" ha. basicly, its a 2800+ w/ 1 mb of cache instead of 512k. heh, ya i dont know why it likes to call itself 2200. amd thought itd preform like a 2200? maybe this is b4 they decided to not make that slow of a a64. i dunno forget about it.

They still made those. It's called the 3000+ Clawhammer in retail form.

its pretty wierd. it needs a insane amount of voltage to oc that far. but thats how i run it. its consuming 125 watts according to sandra. anyway, what u get on those benches robb?

Updated sig...

Yeah this MSI board kinda sucks...I got it last year in a package deal...very stable at stock speeds though.

x_dreamer said:
its pretty wierd. it needs a insane amount of voltage to oc that far. but thats how i run it. its consuming 125 watts according to sandra. anyway, what u get on those benches robb?

85W according to Sandra.

Hah, my Prime95 benchmark is like twice as slow as yours. I guess that's an advantage of 64bit? I need to trade in my 32bit license soon.

diablo111 said:
Updated sig...

Yeah this MSI board kinda sucks...I got it last year in a package deal...very stable at stock speeds though.

That Chaintech is only $55...

x_dreamer said:
so, shall us members start posting our sandra or pi scores? i think that'd be fun
how about max screenshots on air? :D
:eek:

(click the eek!)

Nuc_E said:
Should we separate into classes?
hmmm, too complicated. all that matters is that we love out s754, nothing else :D

dang robb. k while it was like 55F ambient i managed 2.25 ghz w/ my cpu. 11051 on sandra. i gotta rig up better cooling. i think i like burned it in alittle cause after all i was doin like that, its runs at a little lower volts at the same speed as b4. any1 know how to change the multiplier on my board(nf-8)? my sample cpu is unlocked, but i cant utilize it :(

x_dreamer said:
dang robb. k while it was like 55F ambient i managed 2.25 ghz w/ my cpu. 11051 on sandra. i gotta rig up better cooling. i think i like burned it in alittle cause after all i was doin like that, its runs at a little lower volts at the same speed as b4. any1 know how to change the multiplier on my board(nf-8)? my sample cpu is unlocked, but i cant utilize it :(

Is it upwards unlocked as well? That would be pretty cool.

You'd have to go into the bios to change it, or see of CPUID.com has a clockgen for it.

well. 1st , ya it doesnt have any options for it in the bios or in clockgen. this boards still pretty new right? and 2nd, the guy i got it from said "the multipliers unlocked, so it overclocks like crazy". i wouldnt say it oc's like crazy, but anyway, ya according to that guy its upwards unlocked 2? im hoping maybe i can run a bit higher if that worked out.

x_dreamer said:
well. 1st , ya it doesnt have any options for it in the bios or in clockgen. this boards still pretty new right? and 2nd, the guy i got it from said "the multipliers unlocked, so it overclocks like crazy". i wouldnt say it oc's like crazy, but anyway, ya according to that guy its upwards unlocked 2? im hoping maybe i can run a bit higher if that worked out.

I could see a 10x multi helping you as a way to get around the HORRID C0 revision memory controller bottleneck. 240MHz is one of those odd speeds. Either its the C0ness holding you back or a SATA lock isn't working. If it's a fairly new board and based on the nForce3 250GB, then there shouldnt be SATA lock issues.

That's a hell of a lot of voltage.

My max suicide:

cpu_2740.jpg

I gotta' grab a screenie but so far I am stable up to 2115 with 235 on the HTT, from what i hear that is about all this mobo will allow. That said, at 2035 it is slightly faster than my [email protected] at half the price and half the temps.

nice, that seems to be a pretty hardcore mobo limitation. did you try changing agp to 67mhz or is it a via mobo? :p

(cf)Eclipse said:
nice, that seems to be a pretty hardcore mobo limitation. did you try changing agp to 67mhz or is it a via mobo? :p

Yea, I have some serious tinkering to do with the BIOS, I'm sure I can top that. :D

splinter3k said:
Yea, I have some serious tinkering to do with the BIOS, I'm sure I can top that. :D

I hit 2250 last night and it appears I have some headroom to exploit, very nice and still running cool and stable at 2250. I say 2500 or bust!!! About the only complaint I have is there doesn't appear to be proper CnQ support at the BIOS level.

if you run FAH, there's no need for c&q :D

one question though, you might have said it before and i missed it, but can you hit a higher htt/fsb with a lower cpu multi?

(cf)Eclipse said:
if you run FAH, there's no need for c&q :D

one question though, you might have said it before and i missed it, but can you hit a higher htt/fsb with a lower cpu multi?

There is if you want to run at stock speeds, but below stock voltage. My 3200+ can run 0.1 v below standard voltage. It reduces heat output considerably. Of course, when I get my VNF-250, I'll likely turn it off becasue I'll be OC'ed

Back