LIAN LI PC-V350 !!!

I just got mine today from NewEgg and just finished completing the install for my wife's PC. Mine came with everything.

Can you share what "everything" was so that I can compare with what I receive when my "refurb" unit arrives from MWAVE?

I took the case apart to see if there were any hidden bags taped in the drive bays...nothing though. I did hear back from Lian-Li and it seems they are going to send me the spare parts separately. I'll know for sure hopefully Monday.

Typical stuff... motherboard risers and screws, hard drive mounting screws and grommets, etc.

Basically, it came with all this stuff...

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/tw/product/upload/manual/V351.pdf

Just received my "refurb" case from mwave.com yesterday. It had all this stuff in a box up in the optical drive bay. Awesome! Paid $70 delivered for the case ....a great discount off of the new cases and it looks brand new...I am sure it was just returned.

Impressed with how this case is laid out and am excited to be able to do this build.

Can anyone here tell me the maximum height for a cpu cooler in the Lian li V351? i hope the "difference" between the 350 and 351 is close to 0 when it comes to that cpu cooler height.

I am gonna try to fit a Noctua U9B cooler in there, will that work?
Also need one of you to measure this height from the cpu socket of an i7 motherboard.

Thx in advance!

I believe V350 and V351 are the same, when it comes to cooler clearance. So a U9B should fit, if my memory serves me right.

Can anyone here tell me the maximum height for a cpu cooler in the Lian li V351? i hope the "difference" between the 350 and 351 is close to 0 when it comes to that cpu cooler height.

I am gonna try to fit a Noctua U9B cooler in there, will that work?
Also need one of you to measure this height from the cpu socket of an i7 motherboard.

Thx in advance!
U9B fit fine within my V351 using the Secufirm 2 mounting kit.

Thx for replies guys!

Just ordered one of those U9B coolers.
On other news, i managed to fit the amazingly long corsair HX 1000W psu in that case today. Will show pictures of the build tomorrow :)

NH-C12P CPU cooler, Arctic MX-3 thin line method
Case sides on, Turbo & SpeedStep on

@ 3.37/1925 8-8-8-20-1T/21C room temp
max core temps Prime 95 heat up test, Real Temp 3.39

I picked up one of the new Noctua NF-P14 140mm fans and mounted it up on my NH-C12P, see updated NH-C12P SE14: http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=35&lng=en

Temps are around 1.5-2c cooler at idle and load than the above results with NF-P12 fan, with low noise adapter attached temps are 3-4c warmer than above.

Last edited:
DSC09547.jpg

DSC09556.jpg

DSC09553.jpg

DSC09555.jpg

DSC09558.jpg

Anyone got a red one? I really wanna buy one but Im not sure on the shade of red it is. And how well do H50s fit in here?

Yate loon 120x20 fan on bottom to draw air under motherboard. have not run under load yet so I have no temp to post. I'm new at this so I hope the pictures come up, http://s822.photobucket.com/albums/zz143/roaddust/?action=view&current=P1010375.jpg

Lain v351 - Evga X58 micro MB- i7 920 cpu - Evga GTX 620 video card - Ballistix BL3KIT25664TR1608 6gb DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) memory-WD Caviar Black 750gb HD
Plextor PX 880SA DVD -

Last edited:
howcome the back of your lian li v351s dont look like the one I got at the store? I can't fit my PSU after installing the Vendetta 2

Im going to buy a red one soon, can someone make me a backplate mod? Not too expensive please. :)

Could you guys kindly advise will and which of the the ATI 5xxx cards will fit to this case without modding?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Anybody know how to remove the panels in front of the case? I tried removing the bolts on the smallest one but it wouln't move. Maybe I just don't get how the front is built. Did they glue them?

I want to get to the strip between the body colored panels.

Edit: Got it you have to remove them all...

Last edited:
Could you guys kindly advise will and which of the the ATI 5xxx cards will fit to this case without modding?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I've got a 5870 in mine, there is just under a cm between the longest part of the card; the red trim around the intakes, and the 120mm noctua fan with no grill, it doesn't sound like much space but the card slid in very easily.

My V351.

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.40GHz (1.2v)
EVGA X58 SLI Micro
3x2GB G.Skill Ripjaws Red DDR3-1600
BFG GTX260 896MB
Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB
Antec Truepower New 750W
Noctua NH-C12P CPU Cooler | 1x80MM Noctua NF-R8 | 2x120MM Noctua NF-P12
Windows 7 Professional

IMG_4402.jpg

IMG_4403.jpg

IMG_4407.jpg

lian-li1.jpg

Would be really interested in your guys custom backplate designs, if some one would be kind enough to PM me thanks. :)

Need to spice up my V350 a bit think.

The guy who made the backplate "Tremeloes" had a company cut it out for him, he used there software to design it (free).
http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/ (U.S company)
http://www.schaeffer-ag.de/index.php?id=51&L=1 (E.U company)

Just go to there web site and download there "front panel designer software" (free).

Then download the file of the backplate Made by Tremeloes: http://tremeloes.kilu.de/hardforum/v350backplate.rar

Now when you open the file you should be able to view and print out the template (make sure you check the hole alignments).

Last edited:
Then download the file of the backplate Made by Tremeloes: http://tremeloes.kilu.de/hardforum/v350backplate.rar

Now when you open the file you should be able to view and print out the template (make sure you check the hole alignments).

this was not my final file of the backplate (still can´t find it). so everybody who wants to use it please check the alignments of all the parts as winhyun said.

This thread isn't good for me; I just want to do a new build because of it which means selling other builds to fund it, lol.

MOBO: gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2h
GPU: XFX radeon 4850

My GPU is pretty much blocking off all but 2 SATA ports on my mobo. I'm guessing getting a new mobo/GPU is all I can do. Any suggestions on how to solve the problem economically?

My GPU is pretty much blocking off all but 2 SATA ports on my mobo. I'm guessing getting a new mobo/GPU is all I can do. Any suggestions on how to solve the problem economically?
PCI / sata controller maybe: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...6104006&cm_re=pci_sata-_-16-104-006-_-Product There are cheaper / better one's, I just linked this one just for reference.

I had the same problem on my set up but with a Asus P5E VM mobo @ 8800GTS card, I used a dremel tool and cut a small piece off the cards plastic cover and then threaded the sata cable in between the card and remaining cover.

Last edited:
I've got a 5870 in mine, there is just under a cm between the longest part of the card; the red trim around the intakes, and the 120mm noctua fan with no grill, it doesn't sound like much space but the card slid in very easily.

Do you have a pic? I'm thinking about plunking a 5870 in mine, but the pci connectors are on the back of the 5870, right? So the card is 11" plus the connectors...will this not interfere with the 120mm fan? Are special right angle connectors needed?

Thanks,

EK2K

Do you have a pic? I'm thinking about plunking a 5870 in mine, but the pci connectors are on the back of the 5870, right? So the card is 11" plus the connectors...will this not interfere with the 120mm fan? Are special right angle connectors needed?

Thanks,

EK2K
The connectors of the 5870 are on the side, so the face upward in the case, right below the 5.25" bays (makes cable management easy). There's still ~1" left before you're at a standard 120x25mm case fan in the front slot.

The connectors of the 5870 are on the side, so the face upward in the case, right below the 5.25" bays (makes cable management easy). There's still ~1" left before you're at a standard 120x25mm case fan in the front slot.

Thanks, that sorts it out for me!

Use angled SATA connectors: not great but that works. You should be able to jam the GFX card on top without too much problem (I have done exactly that with a GTX260 on a P5E-VM HDMI).

Thanks,

EK2K

Here are a couple of pictures.

5870.jpg

5870.1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks rgbc...looks tight, but definately fits. How are the temps/noise with that thing in there?

Has anyone seen a windowed side panel for these cases?

Thanks,

EK2K

Thanks rgbc...looks tight, but definately fits. How are the temps/noise with that thing in there?

Has anyone seen a windowed side panel for these cases?

Thanks,

EK2K

Noise and temps are fine, low 50s idle, high 60s-low70s while gaming, I think the 5870 fan could spin a little slower actually, this card is cooler at load than my 4850 with dual-slot cooler was at idle.

Back