LIAN LI PC-V350 !!!

All components are ok, but I wouldn't buy the noctua cooler.
it'll fit, but there's not sufficient space between fan a power supply.

I've used it for a month but despite the 14cm fan, the air flow was very low even at the maximum speed..

If you don't need a strong overclock you can consider the corsair H50 (the last version is 1156 compatible)

Performances are very similar between the two pruducts (a couple of degrees in favour of the corsair)

take a look

http://www.corsair.com/products/h50/default.aspx

So, 2 questions:
1) Will these components fit, and if I installed them as is (no modding), would the temps and airflow be sufficient to run under heavy stress (gaming)?
2) If I end up having to mod to get temperatures down to acceptable levels, is there a very simple mod that can allow me to do that?

Any answers would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!
All the components should fit with no issue. If you look at the post above yours, you can see pretty much what your system is going to look like. The temps should be more than sufficient even when overclocking. I would suggest that you grab a NH-U9B instead though. Despite appearances, I think it's the best cooler for an unmodded V-350/V-351, as it allows direct airflow from the front fans through the heatsink and then actually pushes it out the back. The traditional top-down design of the NH-C12P I think starves the fan for flow due to space constraints and it fighting with the PSU fan, and then it doesn't clear the heat from the case either.

@Alpha4: Awesome, it's available on the HK site, have seen it mentioned quite a few times, will definitely consider it then. Thanks!
EDIT: Just saw your post Mr. K6, thanks for the info. Just took a look at the NH-U9B and yeah, makes more sense to have that than a fan pointing straight at the PSU.
Gonna take a look at some reviews for both NH-U9B and H50.

Last edited by a moderator:
just another question

why you need the auzentech audio card?

the 5850 already have the audio through hdmi connector

Ok, different audio quality, but you can use the optical out of the mainboard

Last edited:
I'm planning on getting some entry level home theatre 5.1 speakers, torn between Energy/Polk Audio/Infinity Primus, with a SVS cone sub and Denon AVR1610 receiver, so want to get the most out of it. Will it not make much of a difference in audio quality? Will it cause extra heat/block space, or is there maybe an alternative audio card you recommend?

I don't know how it'll work with a video out through the ati's hdmi.
Different if you plan to use the optical/coaxial out

The AuzenTech is a very good sound card. Go for it ;)

Hello guys could you help me out here! I'm in the mid of moving my ATX stuff over to PC-V351. But i need help in choosing the parts for it!

My currently setup:

• Lian-Li PC-A05N
  • Q9550 with Thermalright True 120
  • MSI P35 Neo-2FR
  • HD3870 with T-Rad2
  • Cosair HX620
  • WD Raptor 150 and WD 640 AAKS

I'm looking into migrating to the follow setup:

• Lian-Li PC-V351
  • mATX board *Need recommendation (Interested in Asus P5Q-EM, but the pricing is on the high side)
  • CPU Cooler *Need recommendation (I'm totally lost in this area and i can't use my old True 120 right?)
  • Plus the rest above

Additional note for board:
  • I don't need any integrated GFX, HDMI or Advanced Audio.
  • I need Raid (hopefully 1CH10R),1 Lan Port and Coaxial Output (Optional)
  • Oh ya i don't OC too :p

Thanks all :)

why don't you sell all the stuff (mobo - cpu - thermalright) a go for an asrock/gigabyte p55m with a i5 750?
P55M Pro ---->76€
i5 750 ----> 155€

You'll have a great system and use it with the stock cooler

Mobo-wise your choices are limited, but because you don't OC you could use the Intel DG45ID. Cooler: I believe the Noctua NH-U9B is a good fit.

why don't you sell all the stuff (mobo - cpu - thermalright) a go for an asrock/gigabyte p55m with a i5 750?
P55M Pro ---->76€
i5 750 ----> 155€

You'll have a great system and use it with the stock cooler

Ah i don't think i'm able to do a full upgrade to i7, little tight at my side (still a student tho) even i sell all the stuff i have i'll still have to fork up another huge amount...

Mobo-wise your choices are limited, but because you don't OC you could use the Intel DG45ID. Cooler: I believe the Noctua NH-U9B is a good fit.

Hmm i'm not sure if i can find the Intel board at my local store, most of them already stop taking stock for older boards. They only sell the newer i5, i7 boards and i'm pretty much stuck with the P5Q-EM and XFX GeForce 9300.

Btw does Noctua NH-U9B SE works better? Local store also don't have the older NH-U9B too..

Side question regarding the Intel board. Does Intel board have international warranty? Can't seems to find the answer from google. I'm thinking of getting the board from newegg tho..

The P5Q-EM has more features than the Intel board. Especially BIOS-wise. I would stay clear of the XFX board. Where I live the Intel board is cheaper but not by much, so if the price for the P5Q-EM is decent, I'd buy it. That being said, I'm not sure about the wisdom of plonking €100+ in a mATX s775 mobo (note that I'm about to pull the trigger on a Zotac 9300 mini ITX board that's even more expensive. So who am I to criticise?).

The P5Q-EM has more features than the Intel board. Especially BIOS-wise. I would stay clear of the XFX board. Where I live the Intel board is cheaper but not by much, so if the price for the P5Q-EM is decent, I'd buy it. That being said, I'm not sure about the wisdom of plonking €100+ in a mATX s775 mobo (note that I'm about to pull the trigger on a Zotac 9300 mini ITX board that's even more expensive. So who am I to criticise?).

Sometimes you got to what you need to do :p Anyway i think i'll most probably going to settle for P5Q-EM and Noctua NH9B SE at the moment.But i'm still open for suggestions :D

Hi,
This thread mainly seems to be about modding but I'm just planning on building a PC based on the Lian Li PC-V350. Would love to mod if I could, but have never done it before and would have no idea where to start. This is what I plan on building:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H57M-USB3 (if another H55/H57/P55 board is better, cooling or layout-wise, please let me know :))
CPU: Intel Core i7 860
CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14 140MM
Power: Corsair TX750W CMPSU-750TX 750W
Sound Card: AuzenTech X-FI Hometheater HD HDMI 1.3 Sound Card
Graphics Card: Sapphire HD5850 Toxic PCI-E 1GB DDR5
HD1: Intel 160GB X25-M
HD2: WD Caviar Green 1.5TB
RAM: OCZ OCZ3G1333LV4GK DDR3 1333 4G Kit (2Gx2)
Optical Drive: Pioneer BDR-S05XLB 12X Blu-ray Writer

I'm based in HK, so will be getting my components from HERE or HERE.

So, 2 questions:
1) Will these components fit, and if I installed them as is (no modding), would the temps and airflow be sufficient to run under heavy stress (gaming)?
2) If I end up having to mod to get temperatures down to acceptable levels, is there a very simple mod that can allow me to do that?

Any answers would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!

I would spend a little extra and go with a modular PSU...I had the 750 in there and the extra cables took up the two drive bays on the PSU side.

Nice build!

EK2K

For the people worried about temps with the Noctua NH-C12p..I have pretty good results with mine in pull configuration. Doesn't really get over 25-30 celsius daily.

Any reason in particular that you want to use a V351? To be honest if you're using a A05N its already a very small case. The V351 may even feel a bit bigger because of its cube size.

Hello guys could you help me out here! I'm in the mid of moving my ATX stuff over to PC-V351. But i need help in choosing the parts for it!

My currently setup:

• Lian-Li PC-A05N
  • Q9550 with Thermalright True 120
  • MSI P35 Neo-2FR
  • HD3870 with T-Rad2
  • Cosair HX620
  • WD Raptor 150 and WD 640 AAKS

I'm looking into migrating to the follow setup:

• Lian-Li PC-V351
  • mATX board *Need recommendation (Interested in Asus P5Q-EM, but the pricing is on the high side)
  • CPU Cooler *Need recommendation (I'm totally lost in this area and i can't use my old True 120 right?)
  • Plus the rest above

Additional note for board:
  • I don't need any integrated GFX, HDMI or Advanced Audio.
  • I need Raid (hopefully 1CH10R),1 Lan Port and Coaxial Output (Optional)
  • Oh ya i don't OC too :p

Thanks all :)

Any reason in particular that you want to use a V351? To be honest if you're using a A05N its already a very small case. The V351 may even feel a bit bigger because of its cube size.

Cool! I didn't know it will be bigger than my A05N. Looking at the pic + some reviews, i thought it would be a lot smaller than my A05N. But bigger room would be a plus :D

Actually i have a fredirk ikea desk but my PC-A05N can't seems to slot in within the desk. The metal frame at the bottom desk is blocking it. Having casing protruding out, i have actually knock/hit it a few times by accident and i'm afraid that it might spoil my hdd or other hardware..

So i was thinking changing to PC-V351 i might actually slot the casing further in or put it on my desk :D

I would spend a little extra and go with a modular PSU...I had the 750 in there and the extra cables took up the two drive bays on the PSU side.

Nice build!

EK2K
Thanks! Actually, since then, I found out about the difference between non-modular and modular PSUs, and found that 750W is more than I needed, so switched to Corsair HX650W PSU (saving me a tiny bit of money too).

Also going for G.Skill Ripjsaws DDR3-2000 RAM instead since it's only a bit more expensive.

Might scrap the sound card since I found out that the 5850 outputs DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD. Prob scrapping the Bluray, went way over my budget. Contemplating whether to go with the 5850 Toxic or Vapor-X version, the latter which is slightly cheaper, quieter and cooler, though less OCed, not a big difference either way. Can't wait to build this thing tho:)

I took the plunge and invested in the Noctua NH-U9B and Noctua NF-R8 to replace the exhaust fan.
When it arrived I unboxed the heatsink and found it rather daunting. Eventually I plucked up the courage to install it but it took a colossal 4hrs and was incredibly stressful.

I almost completely lost patience trying to attach the two 90mm fans to the heatsink whilst mounted inside the case. There is so little space to attach the clips! It was worth the effort though as my idle/gaming processor temps have fallen by almost 20º and are still showing signs of improvement as the thermal paste works its magic.

Also bought a pair of Noctua NF-S12B's yesterday to replace the intakes and will fit them this evening. I am having serious issues trying to control all of the fans using motherboard headers though and I hadn't planned on installing an aftermarket controller : (

Really need to stop spending so much money on this build...

I took the plunge and invested in the Noctua NH-U9B and Noctua NF-R8 to replace the exhaust fan.
When it arrived I unboxed the heatsink and found it rather daunting. Eventually I plucked up the courage to install it but it took a colossal 4hrs and was incredibly stressful.

I almost completely lost patience trying to attach the two 90mm fans to the heatsink whilst mounted inside the case. There is so little space to attach the clips! It was worth the effort though as my idle/gaming processor temps have fallen by almost 20º and are still showing signs of improvement as the thermal paste works its magic.

Also bought a pair of Noctua NF-S12B's yesterday to replace the intakes and will fit them this evening. I am having serious issues trying to control all of the fans using motherboard headers though and I hadn't planned on installing an aftermarket controller : (

Really need to stop spending so much money on this build...

Forget about mobo headers for Noctua fans. Just run them off a molex connector with the provided 'Low Noise Adapters'. Their speeds don't really vary anyway off a mobo header.

Forget about mobo headers for Noctua fans. Just run them off a molex connector with the provided 'Low Noise Adapters'. Their speeds don't really vary anyway off a mobo header.

That's my intention later this evening. But it's going to add a lot of wires with the molex and low noise adaptors on all 3 case fans. Can I not power them from the PSU using the molex and also control them via a header?

I'm also having an issue with the heatsink fans, the CPU header won't power both fans (via the y-splitter). Where would you suggest I connect the second one? PWR/SYS_1/SYS_2 or should that be on molex with the case fans?
Presume I need at least one of them to be system controlled.

That's my intention later this evening. But it's going to add a lot of wires with the molex and low noise adaptors on all 3 case fans. Can I not power them from the PSU using the molex and also control them via a header?

I'm also having an issue with the heatsink fans, the CPU header won't power both fans (via the y-splitter). Where would you suggest I connect the second one? PWR/SYS_1/SYS_2 or should that be on molex with the case fans?
Presume I need at least one of them to be system controlled.

My understanding (a least that's what I seem to remember) is that you CAN'T control the Noctua fans anyway, even if you wanted to (I think it's because they have a Zener in the assembly). So I don't think you need to have one system-controlled. I'm not 100% sure though.

My understanding (a least that's what I seem to remember) is that you CAN'T control the Noctua fans anyway, even if you wanted to (I think it's because they have a Zener in the assembly). So I don't think you need to have one system-controlled. I'm not 100% sure though.

That would certainly explain things. At least I can now stop doubting my system configuration ability ;)

I installed the new fans last night and took some images before closing my case. I would be interested to hear if anyone can recommend any alternative cable management.
Really wish Lian Li had sleeved those interface wires, they're an eyesore.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/408/sidemjb.jpg

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5807/intakesmjb.jpg

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/269/heatsinkmjb.jpg

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1449/gpumjb.jpg

Sorry, I tried to display thumbnails but could not get it to work.

Last edited:
@Eklock2000 - Any pictures of this awesome build? :D

Would love to see how you mounted your radiator, and how you fitted that giant hx1000W in there.

Fitting the HX1000 required some hacking for sure. I had to cut away the bottom and right side of the drive bay with some sheet metal shears to get the cable routing to work. The power supply is a little much for most systems, but I couldn't let go of it :D

P2080096.jpg

The H50 rad required some special hole drilling. I removed the front cover of the case only to find a secondary aluminum front piece integral to the case frame. I then pilot holed through there to get a screwdriver through. Fits nice though after that mod.

Worst part is you lose the ability to use those nice drive bay covers from lian-li, so I had a couple of CosmosS covers that literally popped right in and are held in place by their own plastic clips...

P2080104.jpg

Love this case btw!

EK2K

Nice Setup eklock2000

Finally I've got my hands on this case.....
CPU: AMD Phenom II 955 C3 125W cooled by CM GeminII S(Scythe ninja mini is available as a option for overclocking :cool:)
MB Asus M4A785T-M (updated cooling systems with Arctic Silver thermal glue)
RAM: 4 Gb DDRIII Kingston 10600
Video: Old Gigabyte HD3870
Power: Huntkey Green 550Wt PSU

Reduced CPU voltage from 1.4 V to 1.25 V(
Temps: Idle 30 Burn 47(OCCT, Prime)

Removed Rear Noisy 80mm Cooler.....

Anyone knows a 5770 Video with SILENT cooler(at least that can control speed manually), that is able to be be used in this case?

Last edited:
Nice Setup eklock2000

Finally I've got my hands on this case.....
CPU: AMD Phenom II 955 C3 125W cooled by CM GeminII S(Scythe ninja mini is available as a option for overclocking :cool:)
MB Asus M4A785T-M (updated cooling systems with Arctic Silver thermal glue)
RAM: 4 Gb DDRIII Kingston 10600
Video: Old Gigabyte HD3870
Power: Huntkey Green 550Wt PSU

Reduced CPU voltage from 1.4 V to 1.25 V(
Temps: Idle 30 Burn 47(OCCT, Prime)

Removed Rear Noisy 80mm Cooler.....

Anyone knows a 5770 Video with SILENT cooler(at least that can control speed manually), that is able to be be used in this case?

The HIS IceQ series of graphics cards is widely regarded as being as silent as it gets!

Just a heads up, Newegg has the "other" colors in stock now. Not gonna link all of them, just check at the site.
They even have the "other" colors of the Q07s

Does anyone know if these colors are limited production or will they be around for as long as the V351 series holds up? It's a shame they don't come with their own optical drive stealth covers.

I've been contemplating a new build, and considering the V351. My question is, would it work in a small enclosure? I have almost literally built my computer desk around my current SFF- a ST20G5. The space I have for the computer is about 11.75-12" wide. I know the V351 is like 11" wide, thus there will be very little room (probably 1/4 to 1/2" per side) to spare. Height there is about 3-4 inches above the V351 case and depth would be fine.

I am aware of the interference problem with optical drives and loss of use on the I/O ports, because they stick out the side. I am willing to live with this as I would probably only use the disc drive for loading windows and that's about it.

Anyways, regarding the cooling though- from looking at the design of the case it seems to be very dependent on front-to-back airflow. Therefore, I am thinking that even though there would be very little room on the sides, as long as there is good access from the front to the rear (which there would be in my desk) there should be little to no impact on the cooling?

This will be a gaming PC but I don't intend on doing OC or loading it up with uber end components. My monitor is 1650x1080 and I typically do not play the latest releases anyways. i7 920 CPU (which says 87W on newegg?) or maybe even an i5 75W card. I don't need the latest gaming hardware so maybe I will get a lower end CPU to save some money. A decent graphics card (something roughly equivalent to the GTX260 or 285 or so) it will most likely be dual slot but don't intend on putting a massive powerhouse in there (cost and justification). Was thinking maybe one of the lower to mid end Radeon 5XXX series? With this comes a smaller PSU giving more reduced heat load. Compared to what I see in these builds in these threads, I think my thermal load should be lower than the average?

Also I am a little concerned about the noise. Actually very concerned. Taking into account all the stock fans, +1 for CPU, +1 for PSU, and +1 for GPU, that makes 6 fans! I know the 120mm fans are quieter and the RPM is low but with 6 total fans, is it going to be loud? My ST20G5 had 3 total and the PSU fan you could not hear at all, the ICE cooler fan was barely audible when cold but became lowly audible after it warmed up. The GPU fan was silent except if you gamed you could hear it kick up a little. If I could get the same (or preferrably slightly better) noise performance from the new build that would be ideal. I was thinking maybe to disable one of the 2 120mm fans in front if I am not going to have a high heat load, and that should help. I was even thinking one of the fanless power supplies like the SilverStone makes? I want a quiet system and that's a high priority for me. Would be great to hear if anyone has some subjective comparisons on the V351 vs. a Shuttle XPC.

Ruahrc

My V351 -> Sig specs. Hoping to get a second gtx 275 for mine to 'complete' my build. easy to pack a lot of power into this case. using two hdd coolers to provide room for 2 more hdds. i have an external dvd-rw :p

Now..the next version of our case..the v352

Let me know what you guys think..

Lian Li v352

And if I'm not seeing things..they moved the fan to the other side!!!...ooops nope..still on the same side but new case none the less

Last edited:
The V352 looks near perfect... for a cube-like case...

Can't find it anywhere but if it's near $100 I'd be happeh...

It does look like they moved the fan. Still a 80mm though. Also maximum height for heatsinks would appear to be 120mm... Can't be sure though.

Shall we start a new thread?

Man, I'm so torn. Was seriously contemplating a build based on the v351 and lo and behold v352 gets announced! The redesign of the interior on the new case definitely looks superior. PSU moved to the other side, and HD cage looks removable meaning you might be able to get a bigger cooler in there. If you look closely at the pic of the dual 120mm fans, looks like you can make out what appears to be a filter on them as well?

A few very odd choices IMO:
1) why the internal grilles on the 120mm fans? Fortunately they look easily removable
2) why the holey-platform under the PSU? Can they not just leave it all the way open and not restrict airflow?
3) why can they not keep the seamless interface on the side I/O ports like last time?

And that front panel! WTF it seems like it gets uglier with every revision...

Ruahrc

@Ruahrc

I agree with every point you made. Better layout but not as nice looking.

Also:
The 80mm fan sticks out rather than being flush. Probably cuz of the HD cage but would be better if it was internal (and larger).
The 80mm fan is also now part of the MB tray. Why?
There is also a blank input cover on one side because you can switch inputs from side to side. Handy but doesn't look as clean as the 351.

Front bezel is definitely less attractive. And as far as the 5.25 drives, I think it would be better to pick one side or put them on the front. You can't get drives on both sides anyway.

I like the way the PSU is better supported but the fan opening seems a bit obstructed as noted. Removable optical cage is nice.

I think this case took a few steps forward and a few back. Still a nice case. Lian Li makes good stuff.

Edit: Didn't notice I was in the 350 thread. Comments belong in the 352 thread.

Back