LIAN LI PC-V350 !!!

emax

Weaksauce
PC-V350-b.jpg

Link

catturam.png

More More Beatiful :cool:

Last edited:
Woah... hold on... two 120mm fans and a 80mm fan and a standard powersupply?

I hate you! I had everything all planned out with the Lanbox. But honestly though, even though it has such a massive intake system, where the heck is it intaking the air from? It looks all close off.. *scratching head*

Looks like there is enough room for an 8800GTX, apparently Lian-Li listened to all of the criticisms of the V300 and re-deigned the V350 to accommodate current high-end video cards with much improved cooling and reduce the vibration from the hard drives!

I may have to check one of these out when they are available ;)

Interesting. I like the grill of the PC-V300 (which I own) but prefer the cooling of the PC-V350:) Curious as to where the 80mm fan is located. I figured it might be on the side panel closest to where the GPU would be since the PC-V300 has it on the CPU side and it's not in the picture.

Only problem I have with Lian Li is I've been watching their site for a couple weeks now and they show upcoming cases and its taking fooorrevvverrr. :( Hurry up and release them already. If that case just hit their website then when is it coming out, September?

I still don't understand the drives doors opening out of the right side of the case. People like this, why? Im not against it it just seems very odd.

Only problem I have with Lian Li is I've been watching their site for a couple weeks now and they show upcoming cases and its taking fooorrevvverrr. :( Hurry up and release them already. If that case just hit their website then when is it coming out, September?

I still don't understand the drives doors opening out of the right side of the case. People like this, why? Im not against it it just seems very odd.

Ahh good it isn't offered in black, yet. Im looking for anything but silver so Im not tempted now to put off a build I should really have done by next Friday. :D

Dummy, I responded to my own post. Meant to edit ;)

Only problem I have with Lian Li is I've been watching their site for a couple weeks now and they show upcoming cases and its taking fooorrevvverrr. :(
Yeah, thats the thing, I don't want to put off my build any longer than I have waiting for the 22nd. But now it looks like I might be waiting a couple weeks to get the Go Stepping Q6600s as well (thinking about preordering tnight). If we find out that these will be available in early August along w/ the updated quad cores, I may bite the bullet provided I can at least preorder this. I just gotta order something and get it over with heh.
Optical drives are longer than they are wide. It makes better sense from a packaging perspective, although its obviously kindof weird to have them poking out the side. With a slot loader, it wouldn't be so bad though. :)

I really don't like the side optical drive thing... wth?

well thought out case, but at nearly 28l in volume it is getting outside the SFF bracket for me.

Not a bad looking case. Size isnt too bad considering its a mini tower. Basically its 11.16" w x 10.48" h x 14.92" d. Having the two optical bays on either side is different but not necessarily bad as far as I can tall. Certainly different. My only gripe is that it has 2 x 120mm fans and a little 80mm fan. When cases start to get to this size (and I dont have a problem with that) they need to use 120mm all around. Front and back. IMHO 120mm is far better than 80mm fans. Other than the 80mm exhaust fan its not a bad case.

NIce looking case, I might have to use it on a build to check it out.

I didn't like the 'twig & berries' look on the front of the V-300.

It is really outside the dims of a SFF and will be a fair bit larger than it looks. 2x120mm fans, yet no intake vents? That is pretty much just going to create more noise and move a lot of hot air around. If Lian Li has there way, we will all be using rectangular boxes! I do like the looks of the case, but throw in a curve now and again for variety.

I might just build a system around a junk case just as a stand-in for this one to be available.

In black I could just line the floor with them!

I think the dimensions of the SFF cases are growing. Basically because psu and video cards are growing. The needs of users are increasing too. To my knowledge (and I'm still new to SFF) there is no set standard of dimensions for SFF cases. However I think we could start categorizing them as cubes and boxes. Cubes being smaller than boxes. But thats just how I rationalize them by size. Granted cube and box is more of a physical appearance description than a actual size or dimension. Others may disagree with me however. :D

I think manufacturer's are getting lazy and instead of creating unique cases that will both accomodate the needs of users and smaller size, they cop out and build a larger case. I put together 3 different layouts that could fit an ATX board and/or dual rad with about MicroFly dimensions. Trust me, it's doable.

one of the reasons why i was so impressed with the Sugo 3

> can accomodate dual 8800GTX cards along with 120mm fans, and yet is 10% smaller by volume than its predecessor the Sugo 01.

I'm going with a Lanbox Lite, but from what I can tell its about the same dimensions as this but in steel rather than aluminum.

I basically want a desktop that I can throw into a bag (handle idea is nice but don't want it to get scratched up in transport so prefer protection of bag) and bring with me. That means it can't be too big/bulky to carry or too heavy. Looks like it'll be nice and light, and isn't huuuuge. I think I'm the intended market for this, but they're just too late to the show. :(

BTW, regarding "no intake", this is like the Lanbox Lite in that its a bottom/side breather. Both the Lanbox Lite and this have holes on the side of the front face as you'll see, and a gap along the bottom edge of the front face out of site. So should still breath in fine and not be fighting a vacuum or anything. :)

Ninjedit: Actually, do you think it'd be safe to just set the PS next to the mobo and place the system on an anti-static sheet until this case comes in? I've never used a comp w/o a case before... Obviously wouldn't be pushing/pulling on the thing and breaking off the unsupported PCI slot. *biting nails*

I don't care, I think thats damn sexy IMO. I already have my lanbox lite on the way, but my next or secondary build will be in that case unless we are surprised by any build quality or other issues in the reviews, but considering the manufacturer, I highly doubt it. Thinking next gen quad, 8gb ram on Vista 64 bit, and a pair of 8800GTXs (should drop in price when the successor is released) once a decent new chipset SLI mATX comes out.

How can they call it "V" 350 when they took out the signature V-cool holes.

Looks good though, any thoughts on the HSF clearance compared to the SUGOs?

-PS- now Antec just needs to release that mini P180 from Computex

I completely agree. It may be more compact, but the thing is a usability disaster, especially in the crowded spaces that mATX is so helpful in.

HOLY CRAP I NEED THIS BOX. Seriously, this addresses every concern I had with the PC-V300 (I own two of those, btw). Can you say...dual 120 radiator, passive water cooling loop?

I completely agree. It may be more compact, but the thing is a usability disaster, especially in the crowded spaces that mATX is so helpful in.

Yeah, I'm not too big of a fan of the wierd CD-Rom config, but it's still a really nice case. For me, it's between this and the SG01-BW.

Er, how is it a usability disaster, exactly? Instead of having the 5.25" bays in the dead center, it gives you the option of putting them on either side. Have you ever actually seen a PC-V300, let alone used one?

On second look, it seems as though they changed the 3.5" drive bay to reverse the drives; i.e., power and SATA cables now come out towards the back of the case instead of the front. That's just what it looks like to me, could be wrong; just dont see how the cables will get routed considering the placement of the 5.25" bay (read: directly next to the 3.5).

I don't know, its pretty big to be considered SFF.

Where is the intake getting AIR? those little side vents?

STILL NOT ENOUGH ROOM FOR A REAL HS!

I think they should have put the PSU where the HDD cage is and have the HDD replace one of the 5.25" bays. And they should have stayed with the Vcool style front, to help feed the intake fans.

Actually, do you think it'd be safe to just set the PS next to the mobo and place the system on an anti-static sheet until this case comes in? I've never used a comp w/o a case before...
It'll work, but not on an anti-static sheet; it's anti-static because it's conductive. Place it on something non-conductive and it should be fine. I use a magazine:

I've built a couple systems this way, so it is ready-to-run when I take it to the client's house and put it in their old case. The computer in the pic ("I call it the "Pile PC") is a Linux box that I slapped together from parts laying around, for me to do my work in a summer-session class that is Linux-intensive.

Can anyone confirm that this case will fit an 8800GTX? I asked Silver PCs today but they said they could not confirm that it would.

Looks like they landed a little early. Silver PCs has them already. They sold out of the silver but still have the black ones in stock.
Nice, they have the PC-A70, too, to diverge wildly from the topic. Ah, if only I had the $250ish to spare... then I could stop waffling about what case to use for my next rebuild....

Can anyone confirm that this case will fit an 8800GTX? I asked Silver PCs today but they said they could not confirm that it would.
I can't confirm, but the problem the V300 had with 8800 cards was that the card and the 3½" bay collided. The V350 removes that 3½" bay, so the 8800 problem should be gone with it.

Back