LIAN LI PC-V350 !!!

Hi guys,

My build is complete except for CPU cooler. I'm tossing up between the Noctua Uh9b-se, the Noctua C12P and the Corsair H50.

I'll be running an i7 920 @ 4ghz and 2 gtx 280s in SLI. It will be a hot little box.

I was initially tempted by the H50 but looking at the design at the front of the case I just don't know if enough airflow will get to the rad, anyone have any experience with this?

As far as it goes between the uh9b and the c12p, I know that theoretically the C12p has better cooling capacity but I have a bottom facing PSU fan (intake) and I don't know how well it will work with the C12P design. With the uh9b I could have (silent) push pull using the airflow already brought in from the front of the case. Would love to hear some input from you guys with experience though, i.e. temps.

Also, my PSU is too long (should have done my research!) so I'll have to dremel out part of the optical drive cage. Anyone have any experience with this / pics?

Thanks in advance

Also, my PSU is too long (should have done my research!) so I'll have to dremel out part of the optical drive cage. Anyone have any experience with this / pics?

Thanks in advance

I dumped half of the optical drive cage.

RO235188.jpg

You need to dissamble the case completely.

I got my 80mm, 120mm x2, and 140mm Xigmatek fans in today. I sort of ghetto rigged the 140mm fan on top of the NHC-12P. It's pretty much just sitting on top of the heatsink ziptied to the PSU wires next to it. I'll try to get some shots after make a side window this weekend.

I also reoriented my NHC-12P with the heatpipes facing toward the back and stuck all the fans in. 18 celsius idle. 38 celsius 100% load for 10 minutes with my Phenom II X3 710. :D

I just enabled my fourth core and tried again. 24c idle. 42c at 100% load for 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Can anyone give me a short list of the best heatsinks that can fit in this case? I doubt passive coolers would fit but if you know any that would be great to. OR does anyone have the dimensions so I know whether to buy this case or not?

I see that custom backplates is getting popular! That is awesome!

Allthough, i have to warn you guys against a guy named rEVjon. He told me he would make a custom backplate for me, if i ordered it via paypal and paid there. I spent 80 bucks total, and got nothing.
I've been waiting now for 1 month and 15 days. I've been trying to contact him to atleast get an explanation, but no no. I know he's active around on the forum. Easy to tell!

Question:
Will theese backplates that are made from 2mm alu, be strong enough to hold up a Corsair HX 1000W psu? Also, does the backplate for the v350, fit the backplate for the v351b? would suck to spend another 40 euros on this.

Last edited:
Im sure it will hold it up. And yeah, I dont think they changed the dimensions, just the look of the case.

Also rEVjon lives in the Philippines I think. Sucks that happened man, but dam 80 bucks for a backplate?! I was thinking around 25 to 35.

Yes, he lives in the philippines, i know that.
The 80 bucks was:
- 35 for the backplate
- 40 for the shipping (philippines to norway, pretty far..)

In other words, he just told me to send 80 bucks, and i did. Big mistake.

that is a good question! how could that help me really?

Edit: Checked the transfer now. Paypal cant help me, since i didnt pay for any goods or services. Guess i did send it to him as a gift then.

@someone16.

Well yes i can, but as far as a mod knows, this is just my word against his word. For all i know, he wont answer any pm's. I've sent him 3 or 4 of them without an answer. But ill do a followup here, and pm a mod and explain the issue.

Yeah you ought to let it be known, otherwise they'll know nothing about it. Especially since he is dodging communication.

Hey guys!

UPDATE!
Yesterday, i received a pm from rEVjon. He explains the late delay with a financial crisis. Allthough i havent received my backplate yet, i kind of understand his situation.Anyway, he told me ill receive the backplate 25th of february. Lets hope this is true ;D

Hi guys,
I was initially tempted by the H50 but looking at the design at the front of the case I just don't know if enough airflow will get to the rad, anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance

Plenty of airflow for the H50. I know my 920 idles around 30C, load not much more, H50 is a great cooler in this case. You do have to mod the fan mounting a little to get the rad to fit, but it was no biggie. I also cut out the drive bays to fit an HX1000 in there. I did add an Antec spotcool over the NB heatsink fins because the H50 provided no cooling around those.

EK2K

@Eklock2000 - Any pictures of this awesome build? :D

Would love to see how you mounted your radiator, and how you fitted that giant hx1000W in there.

@Eklock2000 - Any pictures of this awesome build? :D

Would love to see how you mounted your radiator, and how you fitted that giant hx1000W in there.

For the H50, I drilled holes just like the poster in this thread...

http://www.hardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1449816

I will take some pics the next time I open up the case, maybe in a couple of days. Work week just started you know ;o(

I basically hacked the drive bay on the p.supply side with some sheet metal shears, then dulled the edges with some 120grit. Worst part is you loose the snap in holes to hold the drive bay covers, but my CosmosS mesh screens fit perfectly in their place.

EK2K

Does anyone know where I can find a V351R for under $130 shipped?

All the sites I've been to don't have free shipping or overcharge for this case.

Well given that I can get the black version from ChiefValue for $105.99 shipped, $150 sounds a bit much. 1/3 more! This will be my first SSF case since I'm tired of full tower cases which is a waste of space for my setup. Have any pictures?

I ended up getting the noctua nhu9b-se as the h50 wasn't in stock where I live (brisbane, au). I'm aiming for a 3.8-4ghz oc at around 1.3v loading no more than 85 degrees c.

Didn't have too much trouble dremelling out the optical bay for the psu cables, and some superglue will solve the drive bay cover issue.

My 920 arrived today, just waiting on my gskills then all done.

Build will be i7 @ 4ghz, 6gb 1600mhz, 2x gtx 280, 2x 808g hard drives. Hoping to get some good numbers from this without being too noisy.

Pics up shortly

Well given that I can get the black version from ChiefValue for $105.99 shipped, $150 sounds a bit much. 1/3 more! This will be my first SSF case since I'm tired of full tower cases which is a waste of space for my setup. Have any pictures?
Why not get the black one then? I paid the premium for the red one just because the color. And sadly no. Im getting ready to move and its been packed back into the box, but trust me, my camera cant show you how cool the color really looks.

how is everyone removing the hard drive cage? or what do I need to remove the hard drive cage? in which case, where are you guys putting your hard drives? in the 5.25" optical drive bays?

anyone happen to live around NYC who's possibly ordering a back panel who'd like to order me one too? figured I'd ask since I can't seem to load the front panel designer program it crashes upon start up and just dies.

PM me

how is everyone removing the hard drive cage? or what do I need to remove the hard drive cage? in which case, where are you guys putting your hard drives? in the 5.25" optical drive bays?

anyone happen to live around NYC who's possibly ordering a back panel who'd like to order me one too? figured I'd ask since I can't seem to load the front panel designer program it crashes upon start up and just dies.

PM me

I ground out the rivets using a small dremel grider bit, just took a few minutes. I use a usb dvd so I took the hdd cage and cut it down a bit so that it would fit up front(lian li also makes a purpose built hdd cage that will fit up front) giving me space for two 3.25 hdd and an ssd which sits on edge. http://members.shaw.ca/subnet/5870.jpg

Why not get the black one then? I paid the premium for the red one just because the color. And sadly no. Im getting ready to move and its been packed back into the box, but trust me, my camera cant show you how cool the color really looks.

If the color is similar to the red P50R I had, then it's amazing.

Hello, a new initiate of the PC-V351 club popping in to say hi.

Completed my first ever PC build a couple of weeks ago with no issues, but of course I am already looking to make improvements. I'm definitely interested in replacing the stock i5 heatsink but I cannot decide between the Corsair H50-1 and Noctua NH-U9B. Is either generally accepted as best?

I am also contemplating Noctua NF-S12 and 80mm Noctua NF-R8 case fan upgrades, but considering the price involved I would be interested to hear how much difference they have made to other users temps and fan noise. I'm not having issues but taking 8º-10º off would probably be good before the summer.

Will post some internal shots of my build later as I could use a second opinion on my cable management (Like I say, i've never done this before). Surprisingly my biggest issue is my Seasonic X-650 PSU - the cables are so long and thick that they're completely occupying all my front drive bays..

Last edited:
Hi all, I've just subscribed this thread.
This is my configuration right now:
Intel i5 [email protected] Ghz cooled with the well known NH-C12P SE14
Asus P7P55-M
2 Gb Ram 1333
Sapphire 5850

Temperatures are a big issue.. after 15 min. Linx the core0 reach 92°C
So I decided to mod my case..
The status is.... pending..

This is my order:
MagiCool SLIM DUAL 240 Radiator
Laing DDC-Pump 12V DDC-1T
HEATKILLER CPU Rev3.0 1156 LT
HEATKILLER Backplate 1156

The tank is "under construction" :D
I'll not give you information about the tank until it's completely ended.. cause my idea is a bit fool :D

Stay tuned!

sorry for mistakes, I'm from Italy ;)

Hi,
This thread mainly seems to be about modding but I'm just planning on building a PC based on the Lian Li PC-V350. Would love to mod if I could, but have never done it before and would have no idea where to start. This is what I plan on building:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H57M-USB3 (if another H55/H57/P55 board is better, cooling or layout-wise, please let me know :))
CPU: Intel Core i7 860
CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14 140MM
Power: Corsair TX750W CMPSU-750TX 750W
Sound Card: AuzenTech X-FI Hometheater HD HDMI 1.3 Sound Card
Graphics Card: Sapphire HD5850 Toxic PCI-E 1GB DDR5
HD1: Intel 160GB X25-M
HD2: WD Caviar Green 1.5TB
RAM: OCZ OCZ3G1333LV4GK DDR3 1333 4G Kit (2Gx2)
Optical Drive: Pioneer BDR-S05XLB 12X Blu-ray Writer

I'm based in HK, so will be getting my components from HERE or HERE.

So, 2 questions:
1) Will these components fit, and if I installed them as is (no modding), would the temps and airflow be sufficient to run under heavy stress (gaming)?
2) If I end up having to mod to get temperatures down to acceptable levels, is there a very simple mod that can allow me to do that?

Any answers would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!

Back