Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic modifications.

That's different on the XL then. I remember that I could not get that bracket off on mine either until I found a screw on the bottom panel that had to be removed. Then it just pulled up and tilted out.

That's different on the XL then. I remember that I could not get that bracket off on mine either until I found a screw on the bottom panel that had to be removed. Then it just pulled up and tilted out.
So the panel that I thought was all one piece is actually 2 pieces but you can't see the seem. You're right they are sneaky b******'s and boy do i feel like a moron

Attachments

• 15960785435058748860409722469645.jpg
    15960785435058748860409722469645.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 15960785862551557678849562636337.jpg
    15960785862551557678849562636337.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 0
Disregard, looks like you got it figured out, lol. Certainly different than the regular O11D.

So the panel that I thought was all one piece is actually 2 pieces but you can't see the seem. You're right they are sneaky b******'s and boy do i feel like a moron

Dude, you got it out without resorting to power tools! There is no shame in this victory :)

I am glad that so many folk have Posted their build and build issues on this thread.
I just got a Corsair Commander Pro(Newegg dot ca ) and waiting on a Corsair Lighting Node Pro (via eBay). Also a black anodized w/ white LED ring Bulgin style momentary switch. The 011 Dynamic lacks a Reset switch and HDD LED... so I am going to remedy that by taking a Dremel when parts arrive to just below the I / O ports on the aluminum front panel. I have an similar style momentary switch already, but it is not mounted and and Stainless Steel. Which would stick out with the case aesthetics. I prefer a reset button and HDD LED activity on my cases, so it was a bit of a compromise choosing this case...
I'll have to tear it all apart to Dremel, so that will give me the chance to Cable Manage the side chamber, and add case lighting. With the 4x Corsair HD120 RGB 120mm fans the interior is lit, but the need for RGB strips to illuminate the hardware is a must.
I plan on setting them to glow white. Currently, the HD120 RGB fans are set to a conservative Blue sequential .... not much Disco Puke to that.

In the coming weeks, I try to shoot some photos when I rebuild / finish building the 'puter

Stay Fresh...
BlackDragon

I am glad that so many folk have Posted their build and build issues on this thread.
I just got a Corsair Commander Pro(Newegg dot ca ) and waiting on a Corsair Lighting Node Pro (via eBay). Also a black anodized w/ white LED ring Bulgin style momentary switch. The 011 Dynamic lacks a Reset switch and HDD LED... so I am going to remedy that by taking a Dremel when parts arrive to just below the I / O ports on the aluminum front panel. I have an similar style momentary switch already, but it is not mounted and and Stainless Steel. Which would stick out with the case aesthetics. I prefer a reset button and HDD LED activity on my cases, so it was a bit of a compromise choosing this case...
I'll have to tear it all apart to Dremel, so that will give me the chance to Cable Manage the side chamber, and add case lighting. With the 4x Corsair HD120 RGB 120mm fans the interior is lit, but the need for RGB strips to illuminate the hardware is a must.
I plan on setting them to glow white. Currently, the HD120 RGB fans are set to a conservative Blue sequential .... not much Disco Puke to that.

In the coming weeks, I try to shoot some photos when I rebuild / finish building the 'puter

Stay Fresh...
BlackDragon

Not quite right - The O11 Dynamic does indeed have an HDD LED... it's just mated with the Power LED. When both are connected, it makes the normally-blue LED flash red/purple during drive activity.

Not quite right - The O11 Dynamic does indeed have an HDD LED... it's just mated with the Power LED. When both are connected, it makes the normally-blue LED flash red/purple during drive activity.
Not on the Razer Edition, but I'd have to verify by poking around the side chamber.

- Yup I opened the side chamber. There is 1x thin 2 wire lead off the Power Switch for the motherboard Pwr switch header. No other leads( ie. LED leads) on the power switch of the 011 Dynamic Razer Edition. They did a Front I /O Panel LED Delete.

I am adding one of these I have on order to give me a Reset switch and a HDD Activity LED... once it comes in.

Bulgin White LED.jpg

Last edited:
Not on the Razer Edition, but I'd have to verify by poking around the side chamber.

- Yup I opened the side chamber. There is 1x thin 2 wire lead off the Power Switch for the motherboard Pwr switch header. No other leads( ie. LED leads) on the power switch of the 011 Dynamic Razer Edition. They did a Front I /O Panel LED Delete.

I am adding one of these I have on order to give me a Reset switch and a HDD Activity LED... once it comes in.

View attachment 267539

That'll definitely get her done. I guess Razor didn't want to bother with different shades of Green for their LEDs :)

I'm here waiting for the EVGA Powerlink to be delivered thinking that would solve my problem. You just shattered my dreams with this image.
Sorry man, I was hoping it'd work as well. With the (2) 8pin cables attached to the card (not using the Powerlink) I could close the side panel and honestly it'd probably be fine but I didn't want to want to put any stress on the slot if I didn't absolutely have to.

Guys

What is the height of the case if the legs are removed? I want to lay it on its slide and use as a HTPC in a media tower but need to have it be less than 17.25" tall (wide).

Thanks

Guys

What is the height of the case if the legs are removed? I want to lay it on its slide and use as a HTPC in a media tower but need to have it be less than 17.25" tall (wide).

Thanks

That would be a very bad idea as the primary ventilation for that case comes from the side while it is standing correctly. If you make the side the back, and have the (while standing) top anywhere near the side wall of your cabinet, you will have just about no ventilation whatsoever. The (again, while standing) front and other side are completely glassed off.

Thanks for response.
Case will be siting inside of a media rack similar to a server rack. Sides are mesh with about 3" of clearance on the sides. Top of rack has a thermally activated fan that keeps the setup cool. Then each pc has an AIO that has its radiator mounted thru the rear cabinet door to keep the cpu heat of of the rack. Front door of the rack is a tinted plexiglass and mounted flush with the wall so in the media room it just looks like a door.
I currently have a Silverstone GD09 and GD07 HTPC cases within the rack but want something new to showcase the newest build a little more.
So I am not concerned with where the vents for this case are going to be located as it matches my GD07.

What I was looking for in a case was a glass front panel with the front power and USB. With side, top, and bottom vents for fans to be placed.

Thanks for response.
Case will be siting inside of a media rack similar to a server rack. Sides are mesh with about 3" of clearance on the sides. Top of rack has a thermally activated fan that keeps the setup cool. Then each pc has an AIO that has its radiator mounted thru the rear cabinet door to keep the cpu heat of of the rack. Front door of the rack is a tinted plexiglass and mounted flush with the wall so in the media room it just looks like a door.
I currently have a Silverstone GD09 and GD07 HTPC cases within the rack but want something new to showcase the newest build a little more.
So I am not concerned with where the vents for this case are going to be located as it matches my GD07.

What I was looking for in a case was a glass front panel with the front power and USB. With side, top, and bottom vents for fans to be placed.
If your remove the legs (not sure if you can) the case is 16.5" tall in normal orientation.

Thanks for response.

Gotcha. That should be fine, then. When I get a chance (unless someone else gets their first) I will measure the standing height of my O11 Dynamic case and let you know. I don't remember if the feet are readily removable though, and mine is not really in a position that I can easily check for that.

Edit: lol, ninja'd

Thanks Guys for getting back to me with the height. I did notice in pictures that the panels do slot into the feet so I will be looking to see if I machine a bracket to lock the panels in once the feet are removed.

So looks like I will place and order today for the case and start planning.

Thanks

Back