Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic modifications.

Discussion in 'Cases & Case Modding' started by daphatgrant, Aug 21, 2019.

1. daphatgrant

daphatgrant Moderator Staff Member

I agree, appearance is great in my opinion, cooling is great and access to parts during install made the build almost simple (rgb wiring complicates everything).

2. mvmiller12

mvmiller12 Gawd

My time with it was very pleasant. I particularly like how easy it is to clean the filters - and how they provided enough mesh to deal with all the fan intakes.

I am tentatively planning on doing my next build in a Phanteks Enthoo 719 (formerly named Luxe 2) - it looks like you get a shit-ton of case for that $189.

I can also say I had a good time working with the CoolerMaster Cosmo C700P which is what my main system is built with, but that case was over $300. An entirely different category, to be sure....

daphatgrant likes this.
  3. notarat

notarat [H]ard|Gawd

This bugs me. It bugs me a lot, to be honest. It fits. But it really hampers the airflow of that rear fan...

255585_IMAG0657.jpg

Problem is, I need that card, -and- I need that fan, so I started thinking...which can be dangerous after being awake 36hrs

I'm gonna throw this out and I'd like some feedback to see if I'm completely off base

Use the phantek universal kit like everyone else does (grr...) but still use the spot I'd reserved for vertically-mounting my video card to mount the M.2 Expander card vertically as well...It seems there would be more than enough room to do this and it technically solves my problem with airflow, which is already hampered by using a completely negative pressure setup

Sure...I wouldn't don't get a pretty, unobstructed view of the video card but I'd get the use of both cards -and- the fan is nowhere near as obstructed. Thoughts?

4. mvmiller12

mvmiller12 Gawd

Put the card in the drive bay, like Daphatgrant did with his sound card.

5. notarat

notarat [H]ard|Gawd

No thanks. Not giving up 16TB of storage for 2TB of faster storage (if it's even faster since the Riser Card is PCIe Gen3 x1 slot not PCIe Gen4 x16 slot)

Worse comes to worse, I can use the universal mount to mount the m.2 expander card in the top x16 slot and use the 2nd x16 slot for the video card where I'd originally planned to mount it vertically.

6. notarat

notarat [H]ard|Gawd

Waiting on the Phanteks Mount to arrive. Gonna mod it to add a second slot, via a 3D Printed addition, then see if the m.2 card fits behind the video card using the PCIe Gen4 Riser I bought for way too much, lol.

For those with 3D printers, I'll make the additional slot available on thingiverse on my O11 Dynamic mods project page.

One thing I discovered this weekend...Silky Silver filament is very frikken awesome. Looks like metal when printed (think polished aluminum) so parts made with it blend nicely with the theme of the case. Going to print a 3rd pump mount today using hatchbox white and silky silver and will post pics of it.

mvmiller12 and daphatgrant like this.
  7. notarat

notarat [H]ard|Gawd

Here's the difference between "Gray & Black" (matching the mobo color scheme) and "Silky Silver & White"(Matching the case color scheme)

I'm really liking the silky silver

IMAG0693.jpg

daphatgrant likes this.
  8. notarat

notarat [H]ard|Gawd

Received the Phanteks universal GPU mount. It's actually worse than the current solution. With the adapter installed I lose the ability to use 2 of the 3 fans on the bottom radiator.

Can't use it at all...and can't even mod it.

So...it's looking like I'm going to have to use Riser cables for BOTH the video card and M.2 Expander card. Kinda a "Rizen Ryzen" setup, if you will...

That said, I took apart the M.2 Expander card and removed the slot bracket from it and got my measurements and designed a replacement which doesn't have the 90° tang on it (where the screw would secure it to the case)

If I move the CPU pump to the front of the case next to the other one, I can mount the M.2 card to the back of the case near where the CPU pump is currently mounted.

That got me to thinking (re-thinking) the front GPU water pump location/mount and I'll now be working on a new mounting system which secures both pumps...

Oh...there are also motorized helical gears in the works for the reservoirs...waiting on the epoxy to cure so I can see if that works out

daphatgrant and mvmiller12 like this.
  9. notarat

notarat [H]ard|Gawd

Small Update:

M.2 Expander card installed in the space above the Video Card. Had to remove the slot cover mount from the card and 3D Print a replacement which has no 90° bend so it can be mounted directly to the slots on the back of the case.
    IMAG0699.jpg
    Here's the single pump mount compared to the re-designed dualk pump mount. The new mount is done in ABS and is less than half the size of the original mount

IMAG0703.jpg

It works fine so far and I've slapped around the reservoirs/pumps to see if the mount would fail but it's fine. The new version's mounting method is a bit different...more on that later

mvmiller12 and daphatgrant like this.
  10. daphatgrant

daphatgrant Moderator Staff Member

Damn! your mods make mine seem as advanced as installing a replacement fan, great work!

notarat likes this.
  11. notarat

notarat [H]ard|Gawd

Thanks for the compliment. It's gonna be a long build since I have to stop working on it tomorrow for at least 3 weeks (ironically enough...that's the day the 3850X arrives)