Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic modifications.

Discussion in 'Cases & Case Modding' started by daphatgrant, Aug 21, 2019.

1. daphatgrant

daphatgrant Moderator Staff Member

Card is installed, just waiting on the riser still, I did use 3 small washers per bolt to act as spacers for the card. I looked at the card in the drive cage for a bit and decided I'd rather not cut holes in the drive cage cover. I ordered (5) 3.5mm 90 extensions so I should be able to run them out the bottom of the case through an existing hole and through the "foot" at the back.

2019-09-16 11.35.17.jpg
    2019-09-16 10.50.15.jpg
    2019-09-16 11.36.22.jpg
    2019-09-16 12.01.30.jpg

These are what I picked up, I think they will stick out the least from the card, what I have pictured above is just a little to tall, the door did close but not without some stress on the connectors.

Attached Files:

2. mvmiller12

mvmiller12 Gawd

Looks fine to me!

3. Dan_D

Dan_D [H]ard as it Gets

Glad you found a way to make it work. However.......

0210-in-ghetto-blog.jpg

My OCD is seriously disturbed by what I've seen here. If I can't make something look clean or like it came factory, I don't do it.

4. mvmiller12

mvmiller12 Gawd

The blue wire running to the front looks like the mic wire, and it would be running back to front regardless.

5. daphatgrant

Lol, I think it will look pretty clean, you won't be seeing anything different and the only thing that was modified was the drive cage. Unless you have xray vision and can see the screw holes and where I scuffed the paint a little around where the riser cable will go it'll look stock. The case "foot" as well I guess, it's a cut out, at the back of the case.
    I was using that cable so I could get a measurement after routing, they'll all be what I linked above eventually.

6. daphatgrant

Sound card install is done, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out :)

20190924_104215.jpg
    20190924_104222.jpg
    20190924_104236.jpg
    20190924_104423.jpg

Jimmyt2 and sirmonkey1985 like this.
  7. sirmonkey1985

sirmonkey1985 [H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010

looks good to me, interesting way to get around that issue.

8. daphatgrant

Thanks, most of the credit goes to elite.mafia for the idea of putting the card in the drive bay.

9. daphatgrant

Sound card is working great in the hdd cage. Everything seems to be working perfectly with not perceived issues. Being able to easily switch from headphones to speakers with just a few mouse clicks each with it's own volume level is super nice. I think this'll conclude my "mods" to this case for a bit, thanks again to all for the input.

BlackDragon1971 likes this.
  10. OFaceSIG

OFaceSIG 2[H]4U

I'm just glad there is still some life to the sound card mafia! I am on my Titanium HD and don't want to quit!

daphatgrant likes this.
  11. notarat

notarat [H]ard|Gawd

I'm using 2 mechanical 8TB drives in the bay where OP is putting the sound card but I don't like having drives in a case without a fan on them so I'm 3D Printing a backplate which accepts a 70mm Nidec slim fan.

fancover.jpg

I think my next mod is to drill out the rivets holding the front right aluminum panel to the case so I can paint it black

daphatgrant and elite.mafia like this.
  12. daphatgrant

Awesome! Post some pics along the way and when you get it done.

13. notarat

notarat [H]ard|Gawd

Well...from the F me in the ass department the Gigabyte WaterForce RTX2080 Super is 4mm too tall to fit in the case, lol! Now the weather with Skip Taylor

EDITED TO ADD: Time to YOLO dat BITCH and take a belt sander to the vidya card to make it fit. WTF it's only $839, lol!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019 at 2:33 PM
  14. notarat

notarat [H]ard|Gawd

After measuring the video card clearance it (the video card) can't be modded to allow the case panel (glass) to close.

so if I can't mod the card to fit the case I'ma have to mod the case to fit the card...

I ordered a PCIe Gen 4 riser and I'm gonna design and 3D Print a vertical mount for the card.

I did a little mock-up to see the clearances and there's just enough to make it happen. The pic shows where I'll mount it and I'm propping it up with the reservoir to see how it fits. There's just enough room behind it to run the tubing so I'm back on track, but won't get the parts to start the mod until Saturday (my prime day)

Here's a pic of the mock-up and of the fan mount on the back of the drive bay area of the case.
    IMAG0605.jpg
    IMAG0593.jpg

Here's the design of the cover with the fan pocket for the Nidec 70mm fan
    CoverFanPocket.jpg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019 at 1:11 AM
    mvmiller12 likes this.
  15. mvmiller12

mvmiller12 Gawd

Very nice work on the fan.

Only down side with putting the CPU up that high is that you can't see the CPU block or the RAM at all (which a lot of folks like to look at). You DO get access to the PCIe slots, though, so expansion won't be a PITA.

16. notarat

notarat [H]ard|Gawd

I've had a breakthrough on the design front which will allow me to mount the video card half an inch above the M.2 expander card on a "floating" mount.

The exhaust of the water loop basically should line up exactly with the intake on the CPU Block. You can then see the waterblock pretty easily.

17. Dan_D

Dan_D [H]ard as it Gets

I actually picked up one of these for a friend's build. We'll see how it goes.