LG and Dell team up using IPS to 'conquer global LCD market.'

Umm I didn't get that info from Amazon I got it from HP directly during my research over the phone and that quote that starts with #1 was gotten from another web site and is no where in that Amazon review.

The panels differ in performance due to additional color ranges doesn't take a genious to figure that out panels like computers can be tweaked. The same reason Dell had 4 revisions of issues with their 30" and HP had no issues using the exact same panel

Everything you posted is made up in your own mind with no proof or facts behind it. Everything I posted is fact.

Keep telling your ego you didn't waste 3.5K on laggy monitors for more color. ROFLMAO!

Again, the newer panel is not "laggy", and there is zero perceivable difference between the two. I don't think anyone cares that you prefer the older panel, but to make claims that the newer one is "laggy" or not suitable for gaming is laughable and is complete misinformation.

I'm done arguing with someone who is clearly trolling. Apologies if I helped derail this thread off of the original topic.

Umm I didn't get that info from Amazon I got it from HP directly during my research over the phone and that quote that starts with #1 was gotten from another web site and is no where in that Amazon review.

The panels differ in performance due to additional color ranges doesn't take a genious to figure that out panels like computers can be tweaked. The same reason Dell had 4 revisions of issues with their 30" and HP had no issues using the exact same panel

Everything you posted is made up in your own mind with no proof or facts behind it. Everything I posted is fact.

Keep telling your ego you didn't waste 3.5K on laggy monitors for more color. ROFLMAO!

Talking to some Indian HP sales guy and reading some random web site is your research? Is that suppose to support your argument? Why do you keep bringing up this so called Ego stroking? Are you so daft as to not realize you started the whole thing with the first "I paid full price for an old monitor so its better" post in this thread? Talk about purchase justification. You cannot use that argument if you are the first offender, which you are.

Quoting one of the least controlled numbers in LCD tech; grey-to-grey times, which has no standard between manufacturers nor even between monitors of the same manufacturer let alone what to measure is laughable. Anyone with even a basic understanding of monitor specifications knows this. Your argument boils down to thinking 5 ms grey-grey time as annotated by HP who doesn't even manufacturer the LCD panel is somehow lightening fast yet a 7ms grey-grey time on a different panel is "laggy". You better get the 1ms "rated" ViewSonic VX2739wm. With your incredible logic, it makes your HP feel like you are playing in last week. :rolleyes:

Enough with the trolling Falcon. We get that you like your old HP. Good for you. Lets get the discussion back on track.

Again, the newer panel is not "laggy", and there is zero perceivable difference between the two. I don't think anyone cares that you prefer the older panel, but to make claims that the newer one is "laggy" or not suitable for gaming is laughable and is complete misinformation.

I'm done arguing with someone who is clearly trolling. Apologies if I helped derail this thread off of the original topic.

God I hope you're right and this is a troll... I fear it isn't and the stupidity make me sad. Good thing you took the high road, i'm not sure that I could have. :)

Kroz

/trying to get this thread back on topic

I really hope that they are successful. After getting my first IPS monitor a month ago for less than my crappy TN panel it's now sitting beside, I have been recommending IPS panels to all my friends who still use desktops.Although it's still a 6 bit panel, its worlds better than TN.

I hope so too. I only recommend IPS panels to my friends now. I'm really happy that more economical ips monitors are coming out, because to a lot of people going balls deep to pay for a monitor, when they could get 3 otherwise the same spec but tn monitors is hard to swallow. Word play aside, I think the push is a really good thing.

you are free to debate the facts, and you may disagree all you want, but the innuendo and name calling needs to stop.. consider this a friendly reminder......if certain individuals continue thier behavior, they will find themselves on the outside looking in.

It will be interesting to see if the new competition to IPS, Samsung's PLS goes the "semi-gloss" route. LG seems to always prefer an aggressive AG coating. While I do prefer less glare versus a full gloss screen like Apple's, I think more of a compromise can be reached so they aren't at totally different ends of the spectrum. IPS has been at a high level of image quality for quite a while now, hence the domination. I wish they would work on increasing the 60Hz maximum though.

Slightly off topic, but a follow up from above.

To my understanding, the main benefit of glossy is that it will have slightly higher contrast and slightly higher brightness than the AG coated screens.
That said, (maybe make a poll about this actually?) do people prefer AG or glossy screens? Personally, i think matte (kindle like) is better.The glossy ones tire out my eyes more, and any direct light falling on the screen makes it much more uncomfortable to read.

That said, (maybe make a poll about this actually?) do people prefer AG or glossy screens? Personally, i think matte (kindle like) is better.The glossy ones tire out my eyes more, and any direct light falling on the screen makes it much more uncomfortable to read.
It's already been done a few times and matte always wins comfortably.If it wasn't for the really aggressive AG coated screens, poll results would be even more in favor of matte.

Waste of time and money. They should work more on the OLED's, instead of wasting time with LCDs.

I agree OLED is beautiful and very very thin. LCD never was good IMO I liked Plasma better. But given a PC monitor in today's market IPS is the best IMO.

without degrading over time!! or burn in!! My ZuneHD (admittedly, not AMOLED) still has burn in from less then 100 hours of (screen) use, all on the lowest setting... admittedly, it's only really noticeable on darker images - which the ZuneHD interface is composed almost entirely of.

Slightly off topic, but a follow up from above.

To my understanding, the main benefit of glossy is that it will have slightly higher contrast and slightly higher brightness than the AG coated screens.

glossy coatings are applied to mask the extremely poor contrast on the junk tn panels used in 99 out of 100 laptop displays thse days

glossy coatings are applied to mask the extremely poor contrast on the junk tn panels used in 99 out of 100 laptop displays thse days

whatever the cause for their birth, it works imo. if they took it a step further and put them on ips panels i would be very interested. on this matter, did apple patent it or something? why doesn't lg have a few such displays?

Moving from a TN to a 30in Ultrasharp was the best decision I ever made, just took a huge dump on my GTX 275 when trying to play Bad Company 2.

IPS is dominating - its a good thing as now Samsung is making a knockoff - so good monitors should end up everywhere with some luck..

let's hope so. but samsung might be ok with playing second fiddle as long as they're making money.

Back