DeathSmasher
Gawd
- Joined
- Apr 14, 2006
- Messages
- 579
Wow!! Thank you so much for the info I am very interested in this neo g9. i just need to see in person. Next question the most i have ever experienced is 144hz do you personally feel that 240hz over the 120hz is a must? I play any an all types of games, so does say CS really have a huge difference or what are your thoughts. An this is why i never upgraded it gets frustrating fast because its like this is around the corner or this feature isnt in here an then its like why am i gonna waste money on something that i dont think is perfect. "problems of being low income lol i like to buy items that i feel have huge longevity" Thank you so much again for your inputThe most innovation, from what I've looked at for my likes anyway, is that there is:
. . G95NC 57" FALD VA super-ultrawide. A 7680x2160 s-uw (4k+4k wide) that can do 240hz on amd and 120hz on nvidia (at least nvidia's current gen. currently, prob will be capable of 240Hz on a 5000 series in 2025 but there might be a chance some fw update could allow it on 4000 series). From the different videos I watched and screenshots I took of it, I found it would be too short looking to my perspective from typical seating distance personally.
. . Various 32" 4k OLEDs and QD-OLEDs that are 240hz are just coming out and other models due to release soon, where the oled gaming tvs have been 120hz for the most part (may have been a few that could do 165hz, or when running at lower than 4k rez). The 32" 4k OLED format allows people a much higher PPD when mounted directly on a desk ( PPD is pixels per degree, a measure of the perceived pixel size of a resolution at any given distance), and viewed at more central viewing angles which is also beneficial. That higher PPD (and thus smaller perceived pixel sizes) should help with OLED tech's non-standard subpixel format's effect on fringing things, especially text where the sub-sampling method used to mask how large the pixels actually are is based on standard rgb subpixel layout. I know you said "right now", but while there are a few models just released, I believe there are more competing 32 inch 4k OLEDs due out very soon.
Usually you can look at some of the topmost threads in the "Displays" section. Several of the most interesting displays out and upcoming are usually the most active threads, with a few other threads in the mix.
There are a lot of pros and cons with so many differing specs and screen formats, usage scenarios and room environments, etc. what gpu you have and your upgrade path, even the appeal factors vs price tier, "early adopter" price vs. price later in product cycle. So imo you really have to decide for yourself which would be best, and if (and when) a candidate is a worthwhile upgrade from what you have right now.