LG 48CX

Since I cannot game and work at the same time I just use one monitor. Most games are hard enough to run at 4K 60 with full graphics much less 4K 120. I guess if you prefer OLED for gaming and VA/IPS for work I can see that but a 65" C9 in the middle and two 48" CX monitors (one on each side) seems so huge and having to turn your head so far from left to right not to mention image degradation at extreme viewing angles that it seems unproductive. I must be missing something ;)
So I don't have any extreme viewing angles with them. I usually play games in windowed move on a single screen at a time and then have a youtube video playing as well, I then dual boot one of my desktops to do work with as well across all three displays. If I play fullscreen it is on only one monitor at a time.

The way I have them positioned is in a way that each one of them isn't blocking the other. It honestly works out really well. My multiple cameras I use for OBS and multiple angles on work calls if I need to switch to a different laptop / desktop.

I really have quite a lot going on with my setup. Which I will link a picture below.

IMG_1207.jpg

So I don't have any extreme viewing angles with them. I usually play games in windowed move on a single screen at a time and then have a youtube video playing as well, I then dual boot one of my desktops to do work with as well across all three displays. If I play fullscreen it is on only one monitor at a time.

The way I have them positioned is in a way that each one of them isn't blocking the other. It honestly works out really well. My multiple cameras I use for OBS and multiple angles on work calls if I need to switch to a different laptop / desktop.

I really have quite a lot going on with my setup. Which I will link a picture below.

View attachment 348866
I think I saw fewer monitors at NORAD.

Seriously though, are you running them all off one PC? Do you shut down background tasks when you game? What games do you play?

edit: I saw you say 'different laptop / desktop' how many computers do you use to run all those displays?

View attachment 348866
That's crazy. Why do you have so many different setups? Why not just a couple of computers and the OLEDs?

By comparison I get all my work done on a single LG CX and three virtual desktops on MacOS. For personal stuff I don't even use virtual desktops.

View attachment 348866

Looks like your commanding a shuttle at NASA with that setup

I think I saw fewer monitors at NORAD.

Seriously though, are you running them all off one PC? Do you shut down background tasks when you game? What games do you play?

edit: I saw you say 'different laptop / desktop' how many computers do you use to run all those displays?
Haha :)

So a bit more about my setup (yes my signature is way out of date).
I have three Alienware desktops R11 (10700k, two with 3080 and one with a 3090). First time I've ordered pre-built, just to get those darn GPUs. I didn't pay full price, I used an EPP plus called in to negotiate even more. I do have a custom built "server" with a 10980xe and 256GB ram for VM's

The 3090 system drives the OLEDs, the two 3080 systems split between the 3 monitor setup and the 49" ultrawide
My m1 MacBook mostly runs on the ultra wide now to save power. My Razer Blade is my mobile gaming platform. Not a bad system.

Most days I actually don't run this setup for work (Unless I need the screens) and use my m1 MacBook to make sure I'm just running the setup when I need to. I have two Tesla's that I charge and while my kWh price is around the national average, I try to pinch my pennies where I can. At idle, the entire setup running consumes about 900w.

As far as why I have three + separate setups, honestly I don't know. I had the 3 OLED's and the three monitors in my basement, and an extra desk I wasn't using and thought I could set up a separate workstation just cause. Then that turned into "Hey I could use a standing desk for a change" and my work pays for some equipment so I got the 49" monitor.

I dual boot my desktops (and laptops) for work vs. personal. I encrypt every volume but I don't unlock the work volume when I'm booted up in personal mode and vice-versa.

As far as what games I play. Well, the hardware is really wasted on them. I play mostly Fallout 76 and Diablo 3 as my re-occuring games. Occasionally I play some Wolf: Youngblood or other games when friends ask me to play with them.

I hope that answers most questions.

To summarize: both are great panels. Probably, the G1’s off-angle “pink tint” would make me choose the GX.
Are they using a PDC coating on the new one for some reason, or is that something else?

Not sure. I don't think he said anything about the type of coating.
I can't find any info on the type of coating they use, period. But that pinkish/purplish tint at off-angle viewing is one of the signs of using PDC. You can see it if you wear glasses and get the coating they use for computer use.

I have three Alienware desktops R11 (10700k, two with 3080 and one with a 3090). First time I've ordered pre-built, just to get those darn GPUs. I didn't pay full price, I used an EPP plus called in to negotiate even more. I do have a custom built "server" with a 10980xe and 256GB ram for VM's

The 3090 system drives the OLEDs, the two 3080 systems split between the 3 monitor setup and the 49" ultrawide
My m1 MacBook mostly runs on the ultra wide now to save power. My Razer Blade is my mobile gaming platform. Not a bad system.

Most days I actually don't run this setup for work (Unless I need the screens) and use my m1 MacBook to make sure I'm just running the setup when I need to. I have two Tesla's that I charge and while my kWh price is around the national average, I try to pinch my pennies where I can. At idle, the entire setup running consumes about 900w.

As far as why I have three + separate setups, honestly I don't know. I had the 3 OLED's and the three monitors in my basement, and an extra desk I wasn't using and thought I could set up a separate workstation just cause. Then that turned into "Hey I could use a standing desk for a change" and my work pays for some equipment so I got the 49" monitor.

I dual boot my desktops (and laptops) for work vs. personal. I encrypt every volume but I don't unlock the work volume when I'm booted up in personal mode and vice-versa.

As far as what games I play. Well, the hardware is really wasted on them. I play mostly Fallout 76 and Diablo 3 as my re-occuring games. Occasionally I play some Wolf: Youngblood or other games when friends ask me to play with them.

Jesus man what kind of amp breaker are you running that all on?

Really looking forward to CX vs C1. I kind of expect it to be just another evolution of the C9.

If I buy this and drive it with my 3080 will the "high speed hdmi cable" be the only thing I need?

This looks like its beside the kitchen. Which suggests this is the dining area. That's serious.

What's the material the desk top is made out of for the standing desk? I plan to get a standing desk for an LG OLED C1 TV. 48". So far I know I need something wide enough to hold a TV and a second monitor (at an angle). strong enough as well. A mounting arm is likely.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a setup guide or faq for pc gaming on this?

Reactions: p3sty
like this
I've been checking amazon and BB.com daily for this monitor to release, hurry it up!

Well when I opened the box plugged in and setup halfway through setup picture flickered and went away can get picture back but I have sound

Well when I opened the box plugged in and setup halfway through setup picture flickered and went away can get picture back but I have sound
Does the options menu, internal apps, etc. show? If they don't...that sounds like bad news :(

Last edited:
Yea outta stock and for some reason wouldn't deliever to me.
Same here. Though it says it was in stock it wasn't available to ship to my area.

Just ended up getting a 48" CX for my monitor as I have a 55" CX already for my main TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back