Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yes!I'm putting together a new build in the near future. Is the LG CX series pretty much the go to if I'm only going to have one display for TV and PC Monitor? Everything seems to suggest that. I'm considering a 48 or 55 wall mounted.
You running 4k120?Didn't make much of a diff here, if at all.
Must've had it set to BT2020 manually without hardsettingthe flag.
You do not need to do this. The display detects changing to BT2020 just fine. If it doesn't, try going to 4K 60 Hz and back to 4K 120 Hz again. BT2020 should not be forced for anything but HDR mode and not even there.PSA TO Y'ALL......(except Elvn lmao)
Make sure you set Colorimetry in the hidden menu to BT2020, otherwise colors are washed out ass!
If you don't know how to get to hidden menu see post 4734 above
View attachment 288240
I have been running 4K 120 Hz with the Club 3D adapter for a few months now. All the issues have been either adapter or TV firmware related, not bandwidth related.In my opinion, you can not say that it "has so far caused no issues" until you can actually test it.
I have already resigned myself to HTPC dual 2.1 out to CX and ghost screen AVR, ps5/X series 2.1 to TV then eARC to AVR. Unfortunately still cant buy anything.
It does not support G-Sync (at least yet) but it has been surprisingly troublefree on v1.03 adapter firmware since the 03.11.25 TV firmware update. Far removed from requiring constant power cycling like it did earlier.How is the Club 3D adapter today? Does it allow for trouble-free (no stuttering, no lag spikes, or artifacts of any kind) 4k 120hz 4:4:4 HDR gaming on a 2080Ti?
I am one who has had issues getting things to work. It basically works now by setting windows to output Atmos. I occasionally get some handshake issues that require turning eARC off then on again on the tv. It’s not every time though so I’m sure it can be fixed in updates. Windows does not let me output LPCM 5.1/7.1 but everything works fine via Atmos so that’s good enough for me. On the console side, the series x will support Atmos so I would always have that on and for the ps5 we will see if they use bitstream for their positional audio tech or if it’s like the ps4 and lpcm is the best method. I’m confident that consoles will work differently than PC HDMI out.
Might be the arc turning on and off constantly. I have seen that and you basically have to force arc to off then on again.FallenUndying said:
So I noticed now that when switching to something like a game or when I was watching that Disney WoW video, my Speakers would give off a horrible clip sound(Popping Sound) and it was really loud just now starting God of War, any idea's?
I got this from my pc but not too loud. It ended up switching between Tv speakers and ARC constantly.
You asking about the GPU capacitor problem? Or the stutter problem?Any word on the RTX 3000 hotfix?
On hdmi 2.0 you only get 60Hz 8bit rgb. for 10bit you need to drop down in refresh, but you can do it if you want to watch video content for example.Just unpacked my 55CX, and holy mother of screens, that thing is huge (and I'm coming from an 43" already).
Now my question:
1) Shouldn't I be able to do 4k60 10bit RGB on HDMI 2.0 (2070 Super)?
I can only select 4k60 8bit RGB under "native" resolutions or only 4k120 (and 4k100) 10bit 4:2:0 under PC settings.
I actually can't even set 1440p60 10bit as the control panel won't allow me to..
Any suggestions?
2) what's actually the latest FW for european models? Kinda stuck on .10.20, shouldn't the .10.25 already be out in EU?
Hmmm... the one i have is 03.11.26 actually.I just received an OTA firmware update for 03.11.10 ... seems mine totally skipped 03.10.25 and 03.10.26. Anyone else?
Thanks, yeah I'm an idiot. Forgot I ran my previous monitor over DP..On hdmi 2.0 you only get 60Hz 8bit rgb. for 10bit you need to drop down in refresh, but you can do it if you want to watch video content for example.
10.25 and 10.26 have been out, but judging by previous replies in the thread possibly been recalled (likely since they don't work properly).
03.11.26 is gone from lg download page - says 03.11.10 now. strange. "serious" problem identified and "roll-back" performed?Hmmm... the one i have is 03.11.26 actually.
Hmmm... the one i have is 03.11.26 actually.
03.11.26 is gone from lg download page - says 03.11.10 now. strange. "serious" problem identified and "roll-back" performed?
As long as you have "Instant Game Response" enabled on the TV for the HDMI port to your computer, it should just show up in the G-Sync section of NVCP (Turing and Ampere cards only).Any way to enable G-Sync (or G-Sync compatible) with that display over HDMI 2.0 (2070S)?
Tried FreeSync Premium on and off on the TV and even though I can choose "G-Sync Compatible" (on either of the TV settings) in the control panel and activate Fullscreen and windowed G-Sync in the settings I can't use it in the Pendulum demo and I also get screen tearing at 60Hz..
firmware 3.11.25 fixed this issue but i'm seeing random reports that it was pulledGot my 3080 today. Hooked it up to my CX, and 4K120 4:4:4 10-bit works brilliantly... BUT... GSYNC is fubar. Every time I enable it, I get black screen flashing every 10 seconds or so.
Anyone know if there's a way to fix this? I've got Firmware 3.11.10 installed.
The bigger question is why was it pulled?firmware 3.11.25 fixed this issue but i'm seeing random reports that it was pulled
edit: i looked at the original link and see that it's still up... if you want to run it manually here's what you need...
here's a link to the firmware: https://www.lgservice.co.kr/fileDownload.do?cBbsCode=SW_PDS&cSeq=12097&check=true
and instructions for updating the firmware manually: https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-library/updating-firmware-tv-CT10000018-1430510575535
imo, i'd still install 03.11.25... the stutter issue is a pain but you can "fix" it by limiting your frames to 110 and below using rivatuner*sigh* I guess I will continue to be a beta tester until they release an actual fix.
I just got my 3090 FE. Firmware 3.11.25 on the CX works fine. There's no stuttering with G-SYNC + Vsync, with or without an fps limit of 118. There's no flickering in games or on the desktop either. If I toggle Vsync off & on in Dota 2 while the game is running, the fps drops to ~100 and panning is not smooth. If I launch the game with Vsync already switched on, it runs at a locked framerate.*sigh* I guess I will continue to be a beta tester until they release an actual fix.
.26 is some Europe specific thing, maybe some minor difference between models. It may have had some issue because for my region the version offered is now .25 but I don't know if you can rollback to a previous version.I have the 3.11.26 and with gsync with any lock it stutter...
So is an issue with my cable ?
Also why there is a 3.11.26 firmware ?
I don't think you can. I would just use it and not worry about it. I can't tell any difference to the .25 I had before using engineer mode in service menu. You will need a new fix for the G-Sync stutter problem anyway.Can you even downgrade from .26 to .25? i put .25 on a usb to try and it just says no updates.