LG 48CX

I've setup my CX 48 a bit differently for PC use now. I am considering keeping the Club3D adapter because the firmware update at least reduced the black screen / no signal issue a good amount so it does not occur all the time so you are not unplugging the adapter power constantly. I'm hoping a future firmware fixes it further as this would let me coast until later this year before buying a 3000 series GPU. My 2080 Ti is powerful enough.

Based on these AVSForum posts: 1, 2 I've set the TV like this:
  • Windows 10 HDR on.
  • SDR content slider set to 10% (about the same brightness as OLED light at 35 in SDR).
  • 4K 120 Hz via Club3D adapter, if HDR is on this seems to output 4:4:4 correctly. Who knows why it works in HDR but not SDR.
  • YUV 4:4:4 10-bit with dithering enabled. Set this mode via Vinz80's ColorControl app because NVCP does not support this option. This is supposed to have less banding than RGB for some reason but looks the same to me.
  • Pixel shift off.
  • Quick Start+ off so pixel shift does not turn itself back on.
  • HDR Game mode picture preset, Warm 2 color temp and otherwise default settings.
  • Dynamic tone mapping set to HGIG. This looks the same as Off but if games come out that support HGIG then those will work right.
  • Mastering peak brightness set to 1000 in HDMI override menu. This seems to be because Windows might not detect and handle this correctly otherwise.
  • Color space set to BT2020 in HDMI override menu. The Club3D adapter seems to output this incorrectly otherwise. With this set, SDR content still looks correct as long as HDR mode is enabled.
  • Automatic static brightness limiter disabled using my old Samsung Galaxy S4 (it has an IR blaster) and the LG Service Remote Control app. ASBL seemed more aggressive in HDR mode but was annoying even in SDR. With it disabled the screen no longer dims for example as I am writing this post.
With this setup there seems to be no issues with image quality in SDR content and it looks visually the same as if SDR was enabled so there should be no burn in issues either. This is probably the intended way to use the Win10 HDR mode but they have just done a really bad job at explaining it and it might not work as well with LCDs.

I'm gonna give this a try but the problem is calibration. Most people don't have the gear or wanna buy a Calman license to calibrate HDR.

I haven't seen anywhere with Game mode / HDR calibration results but based on Game mode / SDR it's probably way off.

EDIT: Tried it but even at 0% slider for SDR it's way too bright for me + game mode HDR factory calibration is atrocious. The grey on this websites background is way off for example.

Gonna stick with SDR and toggle to HDR when necessary until Microsoft implements a more granular method for SDR brightness.

Last edited:
PC mode allows for 4:4:4 color, Game console will output 4:2:2. In Game console mode there is more fringing on text in my experience and colors are less accurate. If text is sharper then maybe check if it uses different settings in PC vs game console mode.
Both GAme Console and PC modes have the same exact settings....

I haven't seen anywhere with Game mode / HDR calibration results but based on Game mode / SDR it's probably way off.
If you copy the settings from Cinema mode (accurate out of the box), all the modes look the same. There is not much benefit to calibrating unless your unit has bad near-black handling or something.

Gonna stick with SDR and toggle to HDR when necessary until Microsoft implements a more granular method for SDR brightness.
At 0%, SDR content will be mapped to 80 nits, which is the broadcast standard for SDR.

If you copy the settings from Cinema mode (accurate out of the box), all the modes look the same. There is not much benefit to calibrating unless your unit has bad near-black handling or something.

At 0%, SDR content will be mapped to 80 nits, which is the broadcast standard for SDR.

What about Expert? That seems to be the mode that RTINGS uses to test pre calibration performance.

1596522318447.png

I can toggle HDR at 0% on and off with SDR (OLED Light 20 that I use which actually is 80nits) and there is a significant difference in brightness. You can easily spot the transition in brightness after enabling HDR. No way 0% is 80nits, it's closer to 110-120 but I'm too lazy to measure it. I know 20-30 nits doesn't sound like much but it makes a big difference when the screen is this big with lots of dark/black theme stuff and text.

As for the calibration, copy what exactly? The white balance and grey scale is way off in HDR game mode set to Warm2. It's literally in the 7000k range and way too blue.

Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me or someone else can confirm that 0% is or isn't 80 nits.

I can toggle HDR at 0% on and off with SDR (OLED Light 20 that I use which actually is 80nits) and there is a significant difference in brightness. You can easily spot the transition in brightness after enabling HDR. No way 0% is 80nits, it's closer to 120 but I'm too lazy to measure it.
That's an issue with gamma mapping to PQ on the desktop wallpaper and window frames. The content area within colour managed applications such as the browser, Photoshop, etc. should be remain accurate.

The white balance and grey scale is way off in HDR game mode set to Warm2. It's literally in the 7000k range and way too blue.
I don't have a visible difference on my unit. Game mode on Warm2 and Color 50 looks pretty much identical to Cinema mode. Maybe the LUTs in one of the modes have changed. Try resetting the modes and compare them again.

Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me or someone else can confirm that 0% is or isn't 80 nits.
See if reducing this value does anything. The value here should correspond to 100% on the slider.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\MonitorDataStore\*\SDRWhiteLevel

I assume you are using HGIG or DTM Off.

Last edited:
See if reducing this value does anything. The value here should correspond to 100% on the slider.

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\MonitorDataStore\*\SDRWhiteLevel

The scale in the registry seems to be values between 1000 and 6000 when converted to decimal. I don't know how these exactly map to nits. I will need to hook up my calibrator to see if I can get some readings.

Last edited:
Ok I did some measurements with a Spyder 5 Pro and Displaycal when HDR mode is on and different SDR slider settings are used. LG WOLED correction was used in DisplayCal.

Settings used:
  • TV contrast and OLED light both at 100.
  • Picture preset Game (HDR mode version).
  • Warm 2 color preset.
  • Dynamic tone mapping HGIG (looks same as Off on desktop)
  • Otherwise default picture settings.

HDR/SDR brightness balanced slider value (percentage)Measured nits (rounded)

Note that this is without calibrating the display. When I adjusted Green to -4 and Blue to -2, I get 119.5 nits at 7% setting which is right on point for the 120 nits I am aiming for. After this small calibration 0% is equal to ~85 nits. So there will be some deviation on your individual panels and their calibration.

Last edited:
Thought this might be interesting. In particular, their rough test of the FALD bloom/dim haloing.
This is their FALD LCD one, not their upcoming LG OLED panel based TVs.

edit: His assistant James shows the club3d adapter but their firmware wasn't working yet for the ports on the TV.

Last edited:

Let me give it a try. Just to clarify I'm comparing my calibrated SDR game mode to the default HDR game mode when I say it's white balance and grey scale are way off. This is also probably contributing to the perceived brightness increase since default HDR warm2 in game mode is still way too blue.

I am blown away at the image quality of the new CX 48", but I am having a terrible time getting custom resolutions to work. It will be heart breaking if I have to return it because though I love movies at the full 48" size, that's outside my comfort zone for gaming (I'd pay more for a smaller OLED!). Have others been able to get 2560x1440p 120hz NO SCALING or 3840x1620p 120hz working? It seems like 120hz breaks scaling on the CX (60hz works). 120hz/144hz doesn't break scaling on my LG 27" 27GL83A for example, smaller window sizes are no problem.

These 60hz resolutions work: 3840x1620p 60hz (ultra widescreen, black bars top bottom), 2560x1440p 60hz NO SCALING (~32" window in center of screen, correctly), 1920x1080p 60hz NO SCALING (~24" window in center of screen, correctly).

These 120hz resolutions fail: 3840x1620p 120hz (ultra widescreen, simply fails when trying to switch to this resolution), 2560x1440p 120hz NO SCALING (instead of ~32" window which it should do, the CX scales it anyways to the full 48"), 1920x1080p 120hz NO SCALING (instead of ~24" window which it should do, the CX scales it to a strange ~36").

For competitive FPS gaming, I'm looking for a smaller scaled window size at 120hz BFI. For casual RPG gaming, I'm looking for 120hz ultra widescreen VRR. Has anyone been able to figure some or all this out? I'm lost and in need of help...

(TV settings: PC HDMI input set, Game mode, just scan on, deep color. Nvidia settings: custom resolution or resize with no scaling/perform scaling on GPU.)

Im in the same boat as you and tried to get the NO SCALING resolutions to work last week. No dice. This TV natively supports 1440p 120hz and 1080p 120hz, which means it will scale that to the full panel size regardless of what you set in the NVCP. Only 60hz resolutions will work "correctly" in NO SCALING mode.

Kinda cool, but also kinda sucks, since i would like the option to get a slighty smaller screen (i sit quite close) and retain the correct pixel size WITH the great framerate and HZ.

Im in the same boat as you and tried to get the NO SCALING resolutions to work last week. No dice. This TV natively supports 1440p 120hz and 1080p 120hz, which means it will scale that to the full panel size regardless of what you set in the NVCP. Only 60hz resolutions will work "correctly" in NO SCALING mode.

Kinda cool, but also kinda sucks, since i would like the option to get a slighty smaller screen (i sit quite close) and retain the correct pixel size WITH the great framerate and HZ.
I've just assumed that the issue is because when you're creating the custom resolution it's in RGB color format, but if you could create the custom resolution in YCbCr420 you'd be fine. I spent 15 minutes with CRU and couldn't figure out how to do it so I gave up.

Thought this might be interesting. In particular, their rough test of the FALD bloom/dim haloing.
This is their FALD LCD one, not their upcoming LG OLED panel based TVs.

edit: His assistant James shows the club3d adapter but their firmware wasn't working yet for the ports on the TV.

They forget "do not" in the video headline.

Generally speaking I would not want to import a TV or monitor from too far away either though. I'm sure this model will come to the Oceania market eventually, but might have to wait a few months.

Every retail store I spoke including LG Australia stated that LG have no intentions to bring this size into the Australian market because they believe it would not be profitable to the company for such a small market here. FML!

Every retail store I spoke including LG Australia stated that LG have no intentions to bring this size into the Australian market because they believe it would not be profitable to the company for such a small market here. FML!
I was told the same thing from LG for Canada.

I am not planning on getting the CX48, although it is available where I live, I am looking into normal PC monitors, they have really improved for the past 3+ years, and have become good enough to really be better the the CRTs. Not completely in motion, or in black color, but in the whole package. Well, I can say, that, for me at least. What I wanted to say actually is that according to RTings, the g-sync range for the CX48 starts with 25Hz, which is pretty mind blowing. All other g-sync compatible displays, including monitors, have 48-120hz VRR range.

I am not planning on getting the CX48, although it is available where I live, I am looking into normal PC monitors, they have really improved for the past 3+ years, and have become good enough to really be better the the CRTs. Not completely in motion, or in black color, but in the whole package. Well, I can say, that, for me at least. What I wanted to say actually is that according to RTings, the g-sync range for the CX48 starts with 25Hz, which is pretty mind blowing. All other g-sync compatible displays, including monitors, have 48-120hz VRR range.

Yeah but at the same time they also regressed as well. I noticed contrast ratios have been going down over the past 3 years. While it's great that response times and color volumes have improved, they came at the trade off of reduced contrast. VA panels have dropped from 5000 to 3000 to 2500 to now 2000 while IPS have gone from 1500 (in the best units) to 1000 now down into the 700 range which is basically TN territory now.

Reactions: elvn
like this
Yeah but at the same time they also regressed as well. I noticed contrast ratios have been going down over the past 3 years. While it's great that response times and color volumes have improved, they came at the trade off of reduced contrast. VA panels have dropped from 5000 to 3000 to 2500 to now 2000 while IPS have gone from 1500 (in the best units) to 1000 now down into the 700 range which is basically TN territory now.
Yes, I mentioned the black color.

You mentioned black color not being as good as a CRT, I'm mentioning it as a step backwards in the LCD game.
The IPSs have always been around 1000:1. Not much changed in that regard. The VAs went from 5-6k down to 2-3k from what I can see, that is downgrade, yes.

The IPSs have always been around 1000:1. Not much changed in that regard. The VAs went from 5-6k down to 2-3k from what I can see, that is downgrade, yes.

Not much as changed? The LG nano cell IPS panels are all floating around in the 700:1 range. That's around a 30% reduction. The only ones that haven't changed are the ones that also have made no improvements to response times.

Not much as changed? The LG nano cell IPS panels are all floating around in the 700:1 range. That's around a 30% reduction. The only ones that haven't changed are the ones that also have made no improvements to response times.
The 37.5" LG IPS has 870:1 contrast ratio and has exceptional image quality at the same time. Slight reduction in non meaningful value to begin with does not mean much. 800 or 1000:1 is still infinity away from CRT or OLED. How the screen is calibrated is lot more important and its general ability to display rich colors, than the simple 300:1 difference in contrast ratio. The IPS and (apparently) VA are really there wit their ability to display vibrant colors with smooth motion. What I've experienced with the Predator X38 - that's motion I would like to see. Can it be better? Yeah, I guess, but it's not like I'll crave to have it. So, the computer monitors in 2020 are really worth considering.
The Predator X32 looks crazy with its 1152 zones for instance ($$$). Yeah it will still show the halos, but I think those will be bearable. There are good options finally, with little to no sacrifice in image quality. Last time I checked computer monitors they all sucked 100% with no exception, each in its own way and many in several ways. Now it's like monitor heaven, albeit the majority of the interesting models have not been released yet, but they are definitely going to hit the market, most likely before the end of this year. And I think this is just the beginning of the monitors golden era. Particularly the 37.5" LG IPS 144-175Hz panels is a breakthrough, hats off to LG for doing it for us. This is the first time since 2008 when I see multiple viable options (not all released yet) in the monitor market.

Edit: It's not like in 2008 there were good monitors that didnt blur and had perfect image quality, which then suddenly disappeared. There were some nice options though, lol.

Last edited:
The 37.5" LG IPS has 870:1 contrast ratio and has exceptional image quality at the same time. Slight reduction in non meaningful value to begin with does not mean much. 800 or 1000:1 is still infinity away from CRT or OLED. How the screen is calibrated is lot more important and its general ability to display rich colors, than the simple 300:1 difference in contrast ratio. The IPS and (apparently) VA are really there wit their ability to display vibrant colors with smooth motion. What I've experienced with the Predator X38 - that's motion I would like to see. Can it be better? Yeah, I guess, but it's not like I'll crave to have it. So, the computer monitors in 2020 are really worth considering.
The Predator X32 looks crazy with its 1152 zones for instance ($$$). Yeah it will still show the halos, but I think those will be bearable. There are good options finally, with little to no sacrifice in image quality. Last time I checked computer monitors they all sucked 100% with no exception, each in its own way and many in several ways. Now it's like monitor heaven, albeit the majority of the interesting models have not been released yet, but they are definitely going to hit the market, most likely before the end of this year. And I think this is just the beginning of the monitors golden era. Particularly the 37.5" LG IPS 144-175Hz panels is a breakthrough, hats off to LG for doing it for us. This is the first time since 2008 when I see multiple viable options (not all released yet) in the monitor market.

Edit: It's not like in 2008 there were good monitors that didnt blur and had perfect image quality, which then suddenly disappeared. There were some nice options though, lol.

Well if we're talking about since 2008 then yeah the improvements compared to that long ago are massive. Personally though I see no reason to go back to an LCD besides form factor. 37.5" Ultrawide looks good but no OLED's are made in such sizes. If a 37.5" 3840x1600 OLED was made then I would be choosing that over the same size IPS panel.

Yes ultrawide resolutions will work just fine at 120 Hz with a HDMI 2.1 GPU. I am able to get them with the Club3D adapter. Same should be the case for 1080p and 1440p with 1:1 scaling as the display will still think it's getting 4K.

Thank you, that's very good news that ultrawide 120hz works on the Club 3D adapter. I find the current scaling behavior to be strange since one can run 3840x2160p 120hz with chroma sub sampling, but apparently not custom resolutions unless being fed with a HDMI 2.1 signal. 3080/3080 ti can't come quick enough...

Thank you, that's very good news that ultrawide 120hz works on the Club 3D adapter. I find the current scaling behavior to be strange since one can run 3840x2160p 120hz with chroma sub sampling, but apparently not custom resolutions unless being fed with a HDMI 2.1 signal. 3080/3080 ti can't come quick enough...

Yeah I think the reason why is because creating custom resolutions doesn't allow you to select chroma subsampling to 4:2:0 so it's most likely trying to output 4:4:4 and then exceeding the bandwidth of HDMI 2.0. I tried making custom refresh rates at 4k like 80hz and 90hz and was getting no signal even though 120Hz works with 4:2:0. Other users managed to make custom refresh rates at 1440p because at that resolution there is enough bandwidth to run 444.

Re: LCD contrast ratios

Yeah the only ips I'd consider would be a high density FALD one with a very high contrast ratio towards 20,000:1 and higher in real testing, deep black depth and detail-in-blacks, HDR, VRR, hdmi 2.1 , and a lot taller than 13" tall.

The only thing that really seems close to OLED in black depth and detail in blacks but without burn-in concerns (the smaller %windows, the reliance on ABL and logo dimming), while exceeding OLED's color volume is dual layer LCD and I'm not expecting that any time soon in a 120hz 4k VRR capable consumer priced display.

Personally I'll never go back to 750:1 to 1100:1 contrast levels and bad black depths, detail-in-blacks.

Not only are most monitors like that, and VA gaming monitors regressed some, but some of the high end FALD TVs also have a viewing angle layer that wrecks their native contrast ratio this year too.
----------------------------------------------------------------
from RTINGS Sony X950H review:

Native Contrast......... 3170 : 1

Contrast with local dimming..... 3819 : 1
The X950H has a great native contrast ratio and it gets slightly better when local dimming is enabled. However, it's lower than what we would expect of a VA panel due to Sony's 'X-Wide Angle' layer, which improves viewing angles at the expense of lower contrast.

from Rtings Samsung Q80T review:

Native Contrast......3042 : 1

Contrast with local dimming.......4225 : 1
The Samsung Q80T has a great native contrast ratio; however, it's lower than models from previous years. This is likely due to the new implementation of Samsung's 'Ultra Viewing Angle' layer, which improves viewing angles at the expense of contrast ratio. The contrast does improve when local dimming is enabled, but blacks can still appear grayish in some scenes.

from Rtings Samsung Q90R review

Native Contrast......3249 : 1

Contrast with local dimming......11200 : 1
The Q90R has a great contrast ratio. It's lower than most TVs with VA panels, mainly due to the TV's 'Ultra Viewing Angle' layer, which improves viewing angles at the expense of contrast ratio. However, it's significantly better when local dimming is enabled.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Q90R is saved by it's FALD but it's a bad development imo.
The previous flagship samsung Q9Fn TV had a native contrast of 6055:1 and with FALD active was 19018:1

The asus Pg27UQ has a static contrast ratio of 1,000:1 but it is much higher with FALD.
The PG27UQ numbers from the TFTcentral review: "1071:1 SDR ... up to 26,650:1 SDR with FALD ... up to 61,850:1 in HDR mode".
However that 26,650:1 FALD contrast figure is at 100% brightness in SDR mode, otherwise it is like 6000:1.
In HDR to be specific the PG27UQ contrast is according to the %window:
100% = n/a
49% = 5,925:1
25% = 17,060
9% = 39,633
4% = 61,850
1% = 50,700

Edit: and of course OLED is
"infinite":1

Last edited:
I've just assumed that the issue is because when you're creating the custom resolution it's in RGB color format, but if you could create the custom resolution in YCbCr420 you'd be fine. I spent 15 minutes with CRU and couldn't figure out how to do it so I gave up.

Anyone managed to get NO SCALING working with this tv ?

I tried turning Scaling Off and when i set the "TV" resolution in NVCP to 1440p 60hz, the image gets scaled "correctly" in the middle of the screen, all pixels correct size and clear.

If i choose the "PC" resolution 1440p@120hz, the size of the image gets "blown up" and zoomed in, revealing blurry pixels, but a better HZ.

This even happens with 1080p@120hz, gets scaled to the full panel size, instead of the "black border" size i am looking for to get a smooth, clear and slightly smaller picture.

Anyone have tips to how we remedy this ? Maybe use CRU to tell the TV that a custom 1440p@120hz resolution is a "TV" resolution so it will not trigger the built-in scaling ?

Thx

Hi, i read about the gsync\vrr problem that raise the black level when enabled. Has it been fixed?
Can it by fixed by simply turning down the brightness or calibrating the tv?

Well if we're talking about since 2008 then yeah the improvements compared to that long ago are massive. Personally though I see no reason to go back to an LCD besides form factor. 37.5" Ultrawide looks good but no OLED's are made in such sizes. If a 37.5" 3840x1600 OLED was made then I would be choosing that over the same size IPS panel.
No, we talking about 2016-2017 or so.
Yeah, OLED 38" sounds like the best option, even with inevitable, at least temporary, burn in. The only advantage it has over the current top monitors is the black color and artifacts free HDR performance. And price - it is a lot cheaper than anything that has Predator or ROG logo on it. It is also the only computer display (line of) already supporting HDMI 2.1 and allowing for 4k 120hz 4:4:4 10bit resolution. All the best monitors of the 2020, even unreleased ones, but announced, are still cramped by the HDMI 2.0 limitations and the DisplayPort 1.4. I have a small hope that some of them (Acer XR383CKP) will be released with the HDMI 2.1 support. Would be a hit, and justify the higher price tag.

Yeah, OLED 38" sounds like the best option, even with inevitable, at least temporary, burn in. The only advantage it has over the current top monitors is the black color and artifacts free HDR performance. And price - it is a lot cheaper than anything that has Predator or ROG logo on it. It is also the only computer display (line of) already supporting HDMI 2.1 and allowing for 4k 120hz 4:4:4 10bit resolution. All the best monitors of the 2020, even unreleased ones, but announced, are still cramped by the HDMI 2.0 limitations and the DisplayPort 1.4. I have a small hope that some of them (Acer XR383CKP) will be released with the HDMI 2.1 support. Would be a hit, and justify the higher price tag.

Motion on a current OLED (even without BFI) is far better than any current LCD monitor. I honestly notice that more than the blacks/contrast ratio in games, and is what I'm the most pleased with. LCD displays can't even properly do 120hz, and they keep cranking them higher and increasing smearing and overshoot.

HDMI 2.1 monitors should start rolling out soon, here's the first announced one that I know of:

https://www.techpowerup.com/270671/asus-announces-worlds-first-hdmi-2-1-certified-gaming-monitors

" With the impending arrival of next-generation gaming consoles later this year, ROG has an entire series of HDMI 2.1 gaming monitors for the holiday season. These monitors are available in 27-, 32- and 43-inch models "

Motion on a current OLED (even without BFI) is far better than any current LCD monitor. I honestly notice that more than the blacks/contrast ratio in games, and is what I'm the most pleased with. LCD displays can't even properly do 120hz, and they keep cranking them higher and increasing smearing and overshoot.
The 38" Predators that I owned for a brief period of time honestly speaking had a perfect motion clarity. Also, you might want to compare the latest Samsung VA motion test vs the OLED CX48 at RTings. You will be much surprised at the clarity difference, unless the OLED was tested at 60Hz and VA at 240Hz. Can't give you the links, too much hassle, just check the two reviews and compare the motion test results at max refresh rate...
HDMI 2.1 monitors should start rolling out soon, here's the first announced one that I know of:

https://www.techpowerup.com/270671/asus-announces-worlds-first-hdmi-2-1-certified-gaming-monitors

" With the impending arrival of next-generation gaming consoles later this year, ROG has an entire series of HDMI 2.1 gaming monitors for the holiday season. These monitors are available in 27-, 32- and 43-inch models "
Nice. It was posted today that's why I didn't know about it :) Actually, I was expecting something like that. The years 2021-2022 will be the PC monitor galore years. I had already buried the idea of having a normal pc monitor, but so glad it was too soon. Cannot wait :)

Last edited:
Just joined the club. ETA Tuesday.

Hoping 48" will be more in line for desktop PC use. My LG C8 55" was always a little too big as a desktop monitor no matter how many times I tried to acclimate - too much eye travel. I'd always end up going back to my cheap 40 or 43 inch Samsung LCDs because the ergonomics are just better.

Also will be nice timing for my first G-Sync capable monitor, since my C8 wasn't, and Horizon Zero Dawn will have fantastic HDR support, but a 2080Ti will not be able to drive a consistent 60FPS at 4K reportedly.

Last edited:
Went back to a 38" IPS because mine had dead pixels, yes miss the blacks and HDR but since I also work on my desk 8 hours a day, this is just so much more comfortable. I was forcing myself to get used to the 48" which even at a 4 feet distance (desk is 3 feet deep and the keyboard tray extends another foot) was just too big for text use (but ok for media). They need to come up with a 40 or 42" version soon.

Just joined the club. ETA Tuesday.

Hoping 48" will be more in line for desktop PC use. My LG C8 55" was always a little too big as a desktop monitor no matter how many times I tried to acclimate - too much eye travel. I'd always end up going back to my cheap 40 or 43 inch Samsung LCDs because the ergonomics are just better.

Also will be nice timing for my first G-Sync capable monitor, since my C8 wasn't, and Horizon Zero Dawn will have fantastic HDR support, but a 2080Ti will not be able to drive a consistent 60FPS at 4K reportedly.

Really? It's the same engine as Death Stranding and doesn't that do >60FPS at 4k with DLSS easy on a 2080Ti?

Back