LG 32GS95UE – OLED 31.5″ with 4K @ 240Hz and 1080p @ 480Hz Support - The death knell of LCD panels

You excited at all? Just curious
no. but that might be because i don't get excited about anything. i.e. i could have the hottest girl on earth in front of me naked, but i wouldn't be excited.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkGtsatPGT4
Interesting up close in camera looks at reflections and comparison of the "glossy" (?) vs the "matte" (?). Sounds like we need a scale that is more precise like 30% AR / grain size .2microns or whatever. That "matte" screen looks more glossy than my current glossy 2nd monitor.
Also very interesting up close look at the sub pixel layout, as I saw in at CES the woled subpixels look very clean compared to the qd-oled.

Last edited:
The Display Guy recorded a response to optimum, and in general I also prefer a dim reflection when compared to a haze. (I say in general because I had a UP3218K and didn't like the glossy coating on that one.) I have both a U3223QE with a light matte and an Apple Studio Display in the same room, and I strongly prefer the Apple. I find a reflection to be less distracting than a contrast-ruining haze.

I haven't seen a QD-OLED in person yet, but I look forward to evaluating soon.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZjxEcuVHlQ

The Display Guy recorded a response to optimum, and in general I also prefer a dim reflection when compared to a haze. (I say in general because I had a UP3218K and didn't like the glossy coating on that one.) I have both a U3223QE with a light matte and an Apple Studio Display in the same room, and I strongly prefer the Apple. I find a reflection to be less distracting than a contrast-ruining haze.

I have all 3 coating types in my setup (Glossy LG CX, semi gloss QD-OLED, matte mini LED), and while I much prefer the full glossy experience, the other two are by no means unusable like some people make it out to be. I will always choose the glossy option if given a choice, but matte works just fine if there is no other option.

I have all 3 coating types in my setup (Glossy LG CX, semi gloss QD-OLED, matte mini LED), and while I much prefer the full glossy experience, the other two are by no means unusable like some people make it out to be. I will always choose the glossy option if given a choice, but matte works just fine if there is no other option.
I agree -- it really is a subjective preference depending on the room, the user, and their needs, so it doesn't make sense to declare that someone is wrong about their opinion. And opinions can change over time.

I'm feeling sluggish so have the itch to try some fast pace FPS again, so pre-ordered this display. With two displays, I'll have all my bases covered. This LG on the desk for 4K/240 Hz-desktop use, then 1080p/480 Hz-FPS use. Then on my left side/wall, 65" 4K/144 Hz/2000 nit FALD for flight sims and single player games/immersion with gamepad sitting on my Eames chair.

Display Guy is a clown, cant wait to see him get dabbed on by Chadptimum.

Display Guy is a clown, cant wait to see him get dabbed on by Chadptimum.

I really wish there was a feature to block certain channels from search results on Youtube. This guy spams garbage videos on all monitors, just like that FOMO white glove idiot does for TV's.

I really wish there was a feature to block certain channels from search results on Youtube. This guy spams garbage videos on all monitors, just like that FOMO white glove idiot does for TV's.
I don't know if you can block them from a search, but you can from recommendations. You click the three dots next to the title and tell it not to show you videos from a channel anymore. I've had to do that quite a bit, and Youtube is now much better about what it recommends to me.

I still can't believe LG screwed up this monitor by making it have the worst HDR performance out of nearly all OLED monitors out there:

1712343643901.png

1712343586533.png

I refuse to believe that its performance is intentional. Hopefully by official release it will get some firmware update because after all the stacking you can do (15% promo code, 15% Rakuten cash back), its basically the same price as the MSI QD-OLED here in the states.

Omg I hate that white glove idiot

Reactions: Vega
like this
If they can get 1800 nits on the TV why can't they get it on the smaller 32" cousins? Is it a totally different panel technology?

I think its a combination of surface area to dissipate heat + artificial gimping for desktop monitor use case in the name of longevity.

The 32 QD-OLED's draw 130w full field white FYI and that's a paltry 250nits.

Last edited:
Multiple sources are getting the same numbers.

And they even tossed in a free TV for the guest bedroom...

View attachment 645926

Digitaltrends answered this question, they are not taking the measurement at D65 whitepoint:

1712433140548.png

You can clearly see the white point is not 6500k. So it's definitely not going to do 1800 nits when properly calibrated to D65, I'm expecting more like 1500 nits given that the S95C was around 1200. Still impressive though!

I'm debating putting a 55" on my desk now.

Edit: NVM the crazy talk. Way too big for a desk.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdBH7YQ7Xtg

I think the 480Hz mode really is the only point of this monitor. If you only use 4K mode then a QD-OLED is a much better and cheaper option. I think the gimped HDR performance is actually intentional because this is the first time LG has ever made such a high PPI WOLED so they probably have even more issues than QD-OLED given that you know...they have a wholeass extra subpixel to contend with. There's just no way a 140PPI WOLED is going to be able to perform the same as a 110 PPI one.

Ya I put my order on hold until in-depth reviews come out. Kinda skeptical about that matte finish.

A new PG32UQX for $1,900 is tempting:

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Swift-G...-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

I can't find the Viewsonic version for under like $2,300.
I'm still weighing options. I want to go back to the PG but just not willing to spend over $1200 on it in 2024.

Right when these OLED's dropped there were a ton of PG32UQX's on ebay from people "upgrading." There was even one with the AR film removed that I think went for $900.

I have another 32" QD-OLED on order but debating if I can live with the lackluster HDR experience. I learned my lesson, don't jump the gun selling your old monitor.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm still weighing options. I want to go back to the PG but just not willing to spend over $1200 on it in 2024.

Right when these OLED's dropped there were a ton of PG32UQX's on ebay from people "upgrading." There was even one with the AR film removed that I think went for $900.

I have another 32" QD-OLED on order but debating if I can live with the lackluster HDR experience. I learned my lesson, don't jump the gun selling your old monitor.

Have you checked out the upcoming TCL? It's only 27 inches, but the specs look pretty promising. 1152 dimming zones, VESA HDR1400 with 1600 nits peak brightness, fast VA panel. If it's a real banger and not a disappointment like the LG miniLED I would upgrade my InnoCN to it.

Have you checked out the upcoming TCL? It's only 27 inches, but the specs look pretty promising. 1152 dimming zones, VESA HDR1400 with 1600 nits peak brightness, fast VA panel. If it's a real banger and not a disappointment like the LG miniLED I would upgrade my InnoCN to it.
Yeah saw that but couldn't find any info on availability.

Couldn't find any real information online about this new 2024 43", but at $1,500 MSRP and mini-LED FALD 144 Hz, I'll give it a shot. Especially at this discount.

1712451665454.png

I was looking at that too but based on the specs it's the same exact panel from the QN90B/C and Neo G7 43" which was a disaster.

I wish zone count went up but it's still probably 300ish like last year.

I was looking at that too but based on the specs it's the same exact panel from the QN90B/C and Neo G7 43" which was a disaster.

Are you new to Samsung or something?

Ya I'm taking a gamble for the off chance they upgraded it. They changed the 55+" QN90's back to VA for 2024 (D), so maybe they worked on the 43 and 50". Another reason I'm having it shipped for BestBuy pickup, means I can just return it back to Bestbuy which is likely. I have a feeling I'm going to end up with another PG32UQX lol.

Ya I'm taking a gamble for the off chance they upgraded it. They changed the 55+" QN90's back to VA for 2024 (D), so maybe they worked on the 43 and 50". Another reason I'm having it shipped for BestBuy pickup, means I can just return it back to Bestbuy which is likely. I have a feeling I'm going to end up with another PG32UQX lol.
When's your pickup date? Interested to hear what you think about it before I bite the bullet. I've had it in my cart for a week now because of that damn throwaway free 65" TV that I could gift to someone.

When's your pickup date? Interested to hear what you think about it before I bite the bullet. I've had it in my cart for a week now because of that damn throwaway free 65" TV that I could gift to someone.

Thursday. But I'm already wavering lol. I should have jumped on the XG321UG when they were on sale for under $2K.

Thursday. But I'm already wavering lol. I should have jumped on the XG321UG when they were on sale for under $2K.
Yeah I get it. Too much uncertainty with the Samsung. I'm going to hold off until someone has some hands on input because I really don't want to return 2 TV's lol.

Yikes, I just watched the Hardware Unboxed of the 43" G7, that thing is awful. If this has the same panel, I want nothing to do with it. Since that's highly likely, cancelled order.

The search continues... I think my AW32 is crying that I want to get rid of it. Such an amazing display in so many ways besides brightness.

The 43" G7 is the same panel but the G7's overdrive is busted so its way slower than the TV version. It's also way dimmer and the local dimming is much worse. There is no reason to buy it as long as the TV version exists unless you're desperate for DP input.

Yikes, I just watched the Hardware Unboxed of the 43" G7, that thing is awful. If this has the same panel, I want nothing to do with it. Since that's highly likely, cancelled order.

The search continues... I think my AW32 is crying that I want to get rid of it. Such an amazing display in so many ways besides brightness.
1712523773767.png

Back