Leptoon Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question. I saw he was able to talk to maxpower by getting a new user name. Whats to stop all the other bad traders and banned folks from doing the same?

Aratech said:
Just a quick question. I saw he was able to talk to maxpower by getting a new user name. Whats to stop all the other bad traders and banned folks from doing the same?
He created a new account in order to attempt a resolution with Max Power and that is what we want to see - a satisfactory resolution.

He has been informed that he is not to post in any other thread using this account. The mods/admins are keeping a close eye on him.

the extension of the above is:

So did he have to contact a mod to set up a new acct since his IP was banned, or did he just sign up by himself w/o any safeguards to prevent banned people from just generating new accts?

aranaxon, IP bans aren't always that effective. For one thing, many people do not have a static IP, and for another, their IP may be shared. We don't want collateral damage from blocking an entire dorm, or AOL users who are randomly assigned various proxies.

As for safeguards, registration here is moderated and must be approved by an admin. That means that if we see something obvious like BannedUserName2, or KyleSucksAss, we can deny them entry at the gate.

We also review posts by new members. If they immediately start posting in FS/T a red flag goes up and we'll check them out.

The mods here are incredibly sharp and often catch the fact that a newbie is selling the same items as someone who was recently banned, or using the same email/heatware/etc. in their posts.

Then there are the regular traders here who notice things as well and bring them to our attention. That little "report bad post" icon to the lower left of each post
report.gif
will dispatch an email to the FS/T mods and get their attention quickly.

In short, there's no 100% foolproof way to keep out trolls or returning bans - here or anywhere else for that matter. But with the mods, admins and members watching out for each other, I'd say we do a pretty good job of it. :)

I will 2nd that. I have found that the mods here are excellent, and really by using common sense, following the rules, using heatware, and not taking risky chances, you narrow your risk down considerably. I ere on the side of caution, and if I do not feel good about a deal, I don't do it.. Life's too short.. :)

nope, im leptoon on notebookforums. But I had my account banned for 7 days cuz of thread crapping, lol.

If it's the same person, someone might wanna post that in the thread on notebookforums...just a thought.

Please guys like Lethal said if you don't have anything relevant/pertinent to add, don't post -CDS

littleAl said:
nope, im leptoon on notebookforums. But I had my account banned for 7 days cuz of thread crapping, lol.

Like I said, I am leptoon on notebookforums. I have no other accounts. That other guy is not me.

AHA!...this same doofus came on our site trying to peddle a "high end desktop".

AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 – 2.6ghz
2gigs DDR Ram
180gig 7200 RPM HD
Drive #1: DVD+RW
Drive #2: CD+RW/DVD-ROM
3 1/2" Floppy Drive
ATI XTASY Radeon X800 XT 256 meg DDR3
Zalman 6-Channel Fan Speed Controller
Lexar 1GB Jumpdrive External USB
USB 2.0 19-in-1 Multi-Card Reader/Writer
Windows XP Home

All this, $2,000

If you want it, you can meet me at Fry's Electronics in Plano

He was promptly banned on the spot after we saw these threads.

The tracking number he gave me 1ZA9Z9406800094645 still says invalid several days after he said he sent it. I'm going to try calling him again because he stopped replying to my pmness.

or he could verify that is the correct number here

it looks like a UPS # 1Z A9Z 940 68 0009 464 5

Ice Czar said:
or he could verify that is the correct number here

it looks like a UPS # 1Z A9Z 940 68 0009 464 5
Just copy pasted what you wrote and I'm still getting "One or more of the numbers you entered are not valid UPS Tracking Numbers. Please review and update the field(s) highlighted in red with arrows (>>>)."

I know I did that as well
basically you need to get on to him and verify the number
when his dad called and gave you the number the first time
you read it back and he verified it?

He just called me, I misheard a V for Z (that's why you should pronounce it "zed"... go figure), works now, yey!

I think its time just to report it to Paypal and get your cash back. I have a feeling a line of excuses is coming

Hmmm... now it says "in transit". But Crosshairs and I both saw "returned to shipper" a few minutes ago.

lithium726 said:
i dunno how canada addys look in UPS's system
I would image they use two-digit codes just like in the US, so NS = Nova Scotia and CA = Canada.

Lethal said:
Hmmm... now it says "in transit". But Crosshairs and I both saw "returned to shipper" a few minutes ago.

Yes we did ..... and it still shows that ..At 5:58 PM

But Max... the Tracking # you posted originaly, is not the same # you are using now......

Max Power said:
The tracking number he gave me 1ZA9Z9406800094645 still says invalid several days after he said he sent it. I'm going to try calling him again because he stopped replying to my pmness.

Max Power said:
Where do you see returned to shipper? The number is 1ZA9V9406800094921.

And if you substitute the V in the first one, it shows "returned to shipper...HMMM

Whoa! That's strange... I'll look into this.

EDIT - I bet I know what happened, I thought I only misheard the V but he actually gave me a new number. He said a few days ago that he needed an email or something because it was returned to him, so I bet the first one was that shipment. Texans have some crazy accents ;)

yea..take a look at the numbers....differneces in bold-red

old: 1ZA9Z9406800094645
new: 1ZA9V9406800094921

i dunno jsut seems a bit weird, i ordered a ati silencer, + 2 80mm fans and it was Weight: 8.0 LBS according to UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back