Kingdoms of Amalur

Thanks, I've seen those ones, I was looking more for actual game play footage from some one on this forum, as opposed to the marketing stills.

While you're waiting who knows how long, if you go on youtube and put in "kingdoms of amalur reckoning gameplay pc" in the search field without the quotes you're going to call up a bunch of "non marketing" material to go through.

While you're waiting who knows how long, if you go on youtube and put in "kingdoms of amalur reckoning gameplay pc" in the search field without the quotes you're going to call up a bunch of "non marketing" material to go through.

yep, or grab the demo for some real time stuff...

Yeah I was about to say, the demo isn't exactly massive in terms of GB, why not just try it out yourself.

Thanks, I've seen those ones, I was looking more for actual game play footage from some one on this forum, as opposed to the marketing stills.

Ah, well for video footage, there's the ones on the site and plenty on YouTube (as already noted).

http://reckoning.amalur.com/en/r/media/video/gameplay

Like others have said, get the demo, seems like the only thing thats going to solve your dilemma.

So Gamefly (from D2D) ended up still sending my order through even though I put in for a refund request :(.

So now I have a key for Origin that I don't need since I had bought the physical game.

If anyone is interested, $40 for it.

So Gamefly (from D2D) ended up still sending my order through even though I put in for a refund request :(.

So now I have a key for Origin that I don't need since I had bought the physical game.

Can't you ask them wtf? I'd be pissed.

I tried, they don't answer emails cept once saying they would refund me and that took a week+ to hear back.

If you paid with a credit card, do a chargeback. That should get their attention.

No paypal, but i used a coupon at the time i put in my order and it made it only 45, so I'd rather just eat 5 and let someone grab the game for 40 and enjoy it rather then going through the hassle/waiting game.

No paypal, but i used a coupon at the time i put in my order and it made it only 45, so I'd rather just eat 5 and let someone grab the game for 40 and enjoy it rather then going through the hassle/waiting game.

YGPM.

If you were going to pick this up on a Console would you lean towards 360 or PS3, or is that a non-issue?

I'd say it's a non issue. It's not a very horsepower intensive game, so both consoles hit it out of the park with no problems.

I'd say it's a non issue. It's not a very horsepower intensive game, so both consoles hit it out of the park with no problems.

LOL if by hit it out of the park you mean 30fps @ what looks like 640x480 with massive pop in then, yes! They hit it out of the park!

Havent bought the game yet but the demo at 1680x1050 on 120hz LCD ran at a very constant 120FPS.

LOL if by hit it out of the park you mean 30fps @ what looks like 640x480 with massive pop in then, yes! They hit it out of the park!

It doesn't look that much worse on the 360 than my PC. Beyond the obvious resolution difference, it's not that big of a deal. The animation's the same.
I had to play the 360 one to get the ME stuff and I was more than happy with it...to the point that had it gone on sale I'd have no issue getting the console version instead. The pop looks worse on the PC because the resolution's higher. It's one of those situations where having lower res hides the problem.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It doesn't look that much worse on the 360 than my PC. Beyond the obvious resolution difference, it's not that big of a deal. The animation's the same.
I had to play the 360 one to get the ME stuff and I was more than happy with it...to the point that had it gone on sale I'd have no issue getting the console version instead. The pop looks worse on the PC because the resolution's higher. It's one of those situations where having lower res hides the problem.

Derp, totally forgot about that. That seals the deal for me. 360 it is.

btw: Thanks for the reply Domingo

I just got it for 28.99 from buygamecdkeys.com and activated on origin just fine :) Gonna play tonight.

I'm a little worried about using those CD key websites. Won't the Steams and Origins of the world ban you for using out-of-market keys?

I'm level 12, and completely underwhelmed. The skill trees are pretty weak, the graphics really are plain jane, and there are bugs...primarily the fact that the UI doesn't scale very well with resolution, so you are constantly scrolling up and down through text. Also, the menus are really blurry compared to text in game.

I am finding some enjoyment from it, but it's no skyrim. A little overhyped imho.

Playing with a 360 controller on my 46" 1080p TV on the rig below.

I'm a little worried about using those CD key websites. Won't the Steams and Origins of the world ban you for using out-of-market keys?

I think they usually don't, but they can. Depends on your level of risk tolerance, if you want to be the one poor bastard out of 1,000 or more. I got Crysis 2 and activated it on Origins via one of those sites, haven't had a problem.

I think they usually don't, but they can. Depends on your level of risk tolerance, if you want to be the one poor bastard out of 1,000 or more. I got Crysis 2 and activated it on Origins via one of those sites, haven't had a problem.

Yeah, since Steam basically acts as if all those games I "bought" can be taken away if I do something like this to save a few bucks, I should probably just pay a little more.

Thanks, digital distribution!

So, here's a questions... why does Steam continue to tell me that I need to enter a CD Key for "Multiplayer" support. Am I totally blind, and missing some sort of MP function, or do we think it'll be added at a later date?

So, here's a questions... why does Steam continue to tell me that I need to enter a CD Key for "Multiplayer" support. Am I totally blind, and missing some sort of MP function, or do we think it'll be added at a later date?
I have no idea, and the Steam key serves absolutely no purpose right now. I just disabled the popup.

Honestly, the demo wasn't too impressive where I stopped after reaching the town but after buying it and still not being initially impressed I've grown to fucking love what I'm playing so far. It really opens up in a good way and just becomes fun even though on the surface it may come across as repetitive. My advice is to mix up the main quest with side quests. The main quest line is what really drives the game and the side quests are a nice distraction especially when you do the more difficult ones involving dungeons and "elite" mobs.

Honestly, the demo wasn't too impressive where I stopped after reaching the town but after buying it and still not being initially impressed I've grown to fucking love what I'm playing so far. It really opens up in a good way and just becomes fun even though on the surface it may come across as repetitive. My advice is to mix up the main quest with side quests. The main quest line is what really drives the game and the side quests are a nice distraction especially when you do the more difficult ones involving dungeons and "elite" mobs.

Well the content up to the first town is basically a tutorial section. You'd really need to play beyond that to get an idea of the game with the demo.

Origin doesn't. I got this game for 30 bucks off of cj. I also have gotten stuff from oks a bunch of times with no issue. I only pay through paypal.

Not to "nag" again, but does anyone with the Steam version know where the hell the actual save files are going?

Please see my post here: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1038367358&postcount=578 for info.

I've found one folder of saves in a folder buried in the Steam folder that has no details (looking under file details shows what folder/game they belong to) and there are 99 of them, and I've maxed-out all the saves in the game, just over-writing the last one now.

So would that be them?

They're not in My Games folder at all, as described in my previous post. It should be the "profile" file, but there's no number attached, as I've read there would be, depending on how many saves you've used. Mine just says "0.profile".

Wondering if that Steam folder (some insane number of the folder) with the unnamed saves are the ones?

http://www.pcgamingwiki.com/index.php/Kingdoms_of_Amalur:_Reckoning#Save_game_location

\Steam\userdata\*your number here*\102500\remote\

It got lost earlier in the thread but I want to repeat the mention of this. There ARE .ini files for this game.

See: ...\User\My Documents\My Games\Reckoning\personal.ini and scalability.ini

I'm just waiting to see when some adventurous and knowledgeable people are going to figure those things out. We might have the keys to the Kingdom (obvious pun) sitting right in front of us.

I would really like to see a mod that lowers the cost to re-spec. One thing I loved about Borderlands was that the cost to respec was very low and remained static, instead of doubling each time like in this game, so it really encouraged experimentation with different builds. I wonder if there's a cap to the cost to Fateweave in this game, or if it will eventually reach astronomical amounts.

If my fate is my bloody own, why do I need to pay you tons of money to do it for me?!

I would really like to see a mod that lowers the cost to re-spec. One thing I loved about Borderlands was that the cost to respec was very low and remained static, instead of doubling each time like in this game, so it really encouraged experimentation with different builds. I wonder if there's a cap to the cost to Fateweave in this game, or if it will eventually reach astronomical amounts.

If my fate is my bloody own, why do I need to pay you tons of money to do it for me?!

Unfortunately there won't be mods any time soon so the only other option you have if you're that displeased is a trainer.

I want to like this game, but the demo left me unimpressed. I only played until i got out of the tower, so maybe i will give it another shot. If the game had mod support, I think it would be amazing. De-consolize the camera and ui for starters. The slowdown during combat just made me feel like the game was lagging (maybe it was? The demo had a bunch of bugs I encountered).

I want to like this game, but the demo left me unimpressed. I only played until i got out of the tower, so maybe i will give it another shot. If the game had mod support, I think it would be amazing. De-consolize the camera and ui for starters. The slowdown during combat just made me feel like the game was lagging (maybe it was? The demo had a bunch of bugs I encountered).

You NEED to play up to the first town and beyond. The tutorial is horrible and does a fairly poor job of showing off the game.

You NEED to play up to the first town and beyond. The tutorial is horrible and does a fairly poor job of showing off the game.

I agree. The demo was...at best...competent.

I couldn't believe once I started moving on how much world diversity and size I was seeing. I know it's a good sign when I'm going along to do one thing and get sidetracked to "see what's over there/go a little further" and suddenly I have 6-8 quests. :)

I agree. The demo was...at best...competent.

I couldn't believe once I started moving on how much world diversity and size I was seeing. I know it's a good sign when I'm going along to do one thing and get sidetracked to "see what's over there/go a little further" and suddenly I have 6-8 quests. :)

Yeah that keeps happening to me too. I only did a couple main quests because I just happened to wander past where they were and said "yeah might as well doe this quest since I'm here". The "find these items around the world" quests do wonders for making you travel. "What this quest wants me to go miles into unexplored territory? Yes please!". Just found Star Camp and I decided to say screw the other quests because stealing really fun in this game. "This guy is annoying. He keeps watching me so I can't steal. No one else is around....Murder time!"

I am on a quest called lock and key where you go to where the stolen artifact was....the vault. Once you get in there you find mages who just kick the living crap outta me. Can anyone who has passed this tell me the secret to beating this?

Relapse: Level until they are yellow, and they are a cakewalk. I want to say it was level 10. When they are red, they will own you. Also, go immediately right, and take the guys out, then clean up the rest. If you aggro the guys on the left, and right, at once, you will have some difficulty.

Oh, and I just watched some preview video on the game: It was originally designed as an MMO, until 38 bought the defunct studio, and turned the title into a single player game. Go figure!

Back