Kingdoms of Amalur

You played a game you hated for 99 hours? :confused:

Yes. It was torture! :p

Ok, it was mostly fun for the first 40-50 hours. Then around the 60 hour mark I realized I was bored with it... and that I was only about half-way done. :eek:

But I'd put too much time in to quit, decided to just take a break and come back to finish later. I ended up playing it in several chunks over the course of months.

Example of horrible game balance: around the 80 hour mark I realized I had been wearing the same set of armor for over 30 hours of gameplay, and I was sick of looking at it. The randomized loot drops in the game hadn't given me a better set of armor in DOZENS of hours of gameplay! So I un-fated my points, leveled smithing, and made my own armor, just so I wouldn't have to keep staring at the same stupid-looking mage robes. The new armor wasn't even as good as what I had, but I just stuck with it 'till the end. I never found components to make better armor either.

By the 90 hour mark I just completely didn't care anymore - wasn't about to spend another 30 hours in this game, so I just powered through to the end of the main storyline. I only took 2-3 side-quests in the last 2 regions of the map. Seriously you could spend well over 120 hours completing 100% of the game. And it seriously has less than 1/4 the amount of content you would expect from playing something like an Elder Scrolls game.

Like You2 said, Chapter 2 is a drag in Witcher 1. Keep with it, it’s worth it but Chapter 2 will test you.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know what to expect from TW1. Been putting it off for a while now (it's an old game, and I'm a graphics whore; it's going to be painful to start). It took me a while to get into TW2, but I ended up loving it by the end (in no small part because I finally got a graphics card that could run it, and it looked amazing). Can't wait for W3, so I want to get the whole story from 1 and 2 (again) before it comes out.

I didn't hate it but the game as I posted earlier was a very beautiful game with some promise but some design choices really killed it. I think the world was rich with lore and well written if you took the time to read the stories.

Gameplay wise, the main issue I had was once I upgrade my potion making and my combat skills I was pretty much unstoppable. I two shotted the last boss after I gulped a couple of potions, it was hilarious.

Back