Just Ordered My Westinghouse L2410NM!!

I have a Galaxy 8800GT.

In the Nvidia control panel it shows one is hooked up through DVI (looks amazing).
And one is hooked up through HDMI (looks like crap).

They are both hooked up through two DVI-to-HDMI cables.

WTF? :(

Try this,

Remove the connection to the LCD(the one that says its hooked thru DVI) and connect your 2nd only(one that says its connected thru HDMI)

see if it still says it.

I just picked up a PS3, can anyone tell me any settings on the console or monitor to help me optimize and calibrate the display?

Has anyone successfully hooked up a PS2 over component and got a quality picture with this monitor? I have tried, and just cant get it to work. I am attempting to play Gran Turismo 4 in 1080i but I cant seem to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

I was hoping someone who owns this monitor could comment for me. Here is my question. It is my understanding that this monitor does not have 1:1 pixel mapping capability. I'm trying to be cost effective and purchase a monitor that I can use for my Xbox 360 via HDMI and my computer. Will console games via HDMI and VGA still look decent without pixel mapping? Is there anything noticeable, like stretching, hard to read text, cut off sides or other glitches when playing 360 or PS3 games with this monitor? Are those that play console games on this monitor happy with their purchase, or would you suggest the Benq for consoles and video playback?

It's this at $350.00 via the Egg, or the Benq 24 incher that does pixel mapping for about $250.00 more.

As always, thank you all for the help!

For those of you looking to buy this...

I stressed and fretted... I read and re-read reviews... I read tons of threads on different forums... Taking price into consideration, this one seemed to be the best to buy.

I bought it, and I love it! It's really great and looks great and I have no dead pixels. So, I'm just adding a positive vote to the thread.

It does 1:1 you just have have change the menu on the input to Normal to not auto-scale the image.

I've done it over component and VGA for my 360

There is no 1:1 pixel mapping mode that I've seen for the monitor, so 720p content that doesn't come from a computer will still be stretched even if the aspect ratio is preserved. If you are using it through a computer, you can just have your video card do the scaling instead of the monitor if you want true 1:1 pixel mapping from it.

According to quite a few comments, this monitor doesen't offer true 1:1 mapping. I'm worried that if I purchase this monitor, it will stretch out console game images to preserve aspect ratios. If it somehow keeps the picture in the correct 720p and 1080p resolutions without stretching or doing anything noticeable to it, ie: adding oddities to my gameworld like disportioned rocks, oval heads, stretched text. ect, then I'm a happy camper.

That is basically where my question lies, and I seem to be getting conflicting reports from everyone. :confused:

I'm not sure I understand the confusion...

It offers a mode to preserve the aspect ratio of the input source. This is a 16:10 monitor and Xbox 360 and PS3 input comes in at 16:9.

If set to normal, the monitor will preserve this aspect ratio, without stretching or distorting, but you will have small black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

If this bothers you, you can select the "fill" option (or whatever it is called) to stretch the image to the full 16:10 the monitor support. With this option you will see distortion in the aspect ratio.

360 and PS3 look very, very good. I have 360 coming in through VGA and the PS3 through HDMI. Blu-Ray movies look utterly fantastic and the 360 image is very sharp and crisp.

I will start off by saying that I have read this entire thread.

I am seriously considering to buy this monitor. There are a few things that I am unsure of though.
1. How much is it worth? $400 (Newegg), $500, $570 (the price at my BB)?
2. How bad is the lag in ms? I made a program so that I could move the mouse around at different lag times, and I concluded that I couldn't stand more than 30ms.
3. I am not quite sure this is really an MVA screen. (at least the one at my BB) First, when I called, they said that they only had TN panels. To top it off, the view angles were quite bad; It appeared that it was 170/160. I also didn't notice a yellow tint when viewing it at an angle, just a decrease of contrast. I didn't look at it from the bottom.
4. Where do I buy from? It sounds like Newegg isn't the best place to order LCDs from, and this is the only non-TN panel that I was able to find locally. (assuming it is not a TN panel)

If this monitor doesn't work out, what are some other well priced, awesome non-TN panels for up to $600?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
If it means anything, I live in central US.

The L2610NW will be out in march for $499 and I can't wait! If its anything like the 24" then I will have the perfect monitor for my needs (minus a remote :() writing this from an iPhone so can't paste the link (LOL) so search google and check Samsclub link for specs. Hopefully the fix the hdmi blue screen issue.

I was going to get the 24 till I saw the 26. Just wanted to put this out there for those who havent heard about it.

I will start off by saying that I have read this entire thread.

I am seriously considering to buy this monitor. There are a few things that I am unsure of though.
1. How much is it worth? $400 (Newegg), $500, $570 (the price at my BB)?
2. How bad is the lag in ms? I made a program so that I could move the mouse around at different lag times, and I concluded that I couldn't stand more than 30ms.
3. I am not quite sure this is really an MVA screen. (at least the one at my BB) First, when I called, they said that they only had TN panels. To top it off, the view angles were quite bad; It appeared that it was 170/160. I also didn't notice a yellow tint when viewing it at an angle, just a decrease of contrast. I didn't look at it from the bottom.
4. Where do I buy from? It sounds like Newegg isn't the best place to order LCDs from, and this is the only non-TN panel that I was able to find locally. (assuming it is not a TN panel)

If this monitor doesn't work out, what are some other well priced, awesome non-TN panels for up to $600?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
If it means anything, I live in central US.

I paid 400$ after tax for mine @ Best Buy. They have deals on this LCD sometimes. I would recommened buying a LCD at a store for easy return/replacement incase of a dead pixel appreance.

The viewing angles are fine on this LCD. Are you actually going to see this LCD from a 170 degree position?

It is an MVA panel. Since when do you trust Best Buy employees to tell you the specs for anything? Call Westinghouse if you want double clarification on the panel specs.

Other i would recommend looking at are
BenQ 24" and the LG 24" models. I believe both have couple of 24" models so you have to see the specs to see which suits you the best. And ofcourse there is the Dell 24". You can look for deals on that LCD which would bring it down to $550 range.

The L2610NW will be out in march for $499 and I can't wait! If its anything like the 24" then I will have the perfect monitor for my needs (minus a remote :() writing this from an iPhone so can't paste the link (LOL) so search google and check Samsclub link for specs. Hopefully the fix the hdmi blue screen issue.

I was going to get the 24 till I saw the 26. Just wanted to put this out there for those who havent heard about it.

I just looked at the specs. 1920 x 1200 with 170/160 viewing angles. Has 2ms response time. Makes me think that its a TN panel.

It is an MVA panel. Since when do you trust Best Buy employees to tell you the specs for anything? Call Westinghouse if you want double clarification on the panel specs.
All I am saying is that it didn't have the characteristics of a MVA screen. I have seen some TN monitors that just blew me away, for a TN panel anyway. Maybe the opposite can be true. This monitor might just be a lower quality MVA panel. (at $400, I am not suprised)

What I was saying was that the only place I can get it is BB for $570. Is it worth that? You only paid $400. Would you have paid almost 50% more? On top of that, I would buy an extended warranty which would add about $50.

What I am most concerned with is the input lag though. Like I said, I cannot stand much more than 30ms; 40ms is way too much for me! I play StarCraft, so I would never be able to live with a monitor that had more than 30ms lag, 30ms is even pushing it.

:( Sucks that the 26 seems to be TN :(

Re input lag, if it bothers you, dont you think it would bother others to the point where SOMEONE on the thread would complain about it? Not even my first 19" dell from 7 years ago had 30ms lag so I doubt any modern LCD has that much.

:( Sucks that the 26 seems to be TN :(

Re input lag, if it bothers you, dont you think it would bother others to the point where SOMEONE on the thread would complain about it? Not even my first 19" dell from 7 years ago had 30ms lag so I doubt any modern LCD has that much.
I hope you are right. It cannot be that bad. After all, if it was, lip sync in movies would be just a tad off like on the Munsters series.

All I am saying is that it didn't have the characteristics of a MVA screen. I have seen some TN monitors that just blew me away, for a TN panel anyway. Maybe the opposite can be true. This monitor might just be a lower quality MVA panel. (at $400, I am not suprised)

What I was saying was that the only place I can get it is BB for $570. Is it worth that? You only paid $400. Would you have paid almost 50% more? On top of that, I would buy an extended warranty which would add about $50.

What I am most concerned with is the input lag though. Like I said, I cannot stand much more than 30ms; 40ms is way too much for me! I play StarCraft, so I would never be able to live with a monitor that had more than 30ms lag, 30ms is even pushing it.

if i was to pay 570$, i would rather get the Hanns G 28" even though its a TN panel. Or if i wanted to stick with the 24" screens, i would look at the Dell 2407fpw models. I usually see some deals on them often times on slickdeals.net. Or you can dell Dell and see if they can give you some sort of deal on it.

Otherthan that, i would look at the LG models as it has better warrenty than the westinghouse. Westy comes with only 1 yr warrenty compared to 3yrs for LG i believe.

For 570$, The Westy 24" is not worth it.

I have a Galaxy 8800GT.

In the Nvidia control panel it shows one is hooked up through DVI (looks amazing).
And one is hooked up through HDMI (looks like crap).

They are both hooked up through two DVI-to-HDMI cables.

WTF? :(

hey dude were you able to get this sorted.
im having the same issue with an 8600gt. im pretty sure its a driver problem where it is treating the westy as an HDTV (connected via HDMI instead of DVI). Interestingly, when i load up a linux live cd (ubuntu) the picture is fantastic... that to me tells me there is an issue with the nvidia drivers.

I don't like TN monitors either but the Samsung 24" TN monitor has just 7ms of input lag, which is perfect for gaming. It's not going to be great for other stuff, but that's why I'm thinking of getting a second monitor for text and video. Either that or 1 LC32GP3U which does everything but will cost more than the two monitors, but do everything better than each one.

Hey Guys,
I got this monitor a while ago and i've been trying both VGA and Component on this monitor. I like the colors of component but the picture can look kind of jaggy. But anyways, I was wondering what setting you guys have it when you use VGA. I can't get it to look very good on it. I've been messing with the settings on the monitor and the reference level on the xbox and all that and I just can't get it to look right. Please please help! :) thanks.

Does anyone have experience with this monitor side by side vs. the Soyo DYLM24D6? I'm trying to decide between these two monitors ATM :confused:. Oh, and price isn't a factor since both will be costing me about the same.

Also, I've read through this entire thread already, but could use more feedback on the gaming issue. Some people seem to say that ghosting isn't really a problem while others feel that it doesn't hold up in games. Does anyone here play fast-paced, first-person shooters like Crysis/COD 4 on this monitor? If the response time is too slow, that's gonna be a major factor for me since I do a fair share of gaming.

^^^Get the L2410NM. It's $350 (after m/r) at Newegg and numerous great reviews. Also, doesn't the Soyo lack an HDMI port?

Yeah, lacks HDMI but having that is just an added bonus; it isn't something I NEED. I'm gonna be using this monitor as a PC monitor more than anything else so as long as there's vga/dvi, I'm good.

I think there was some screen leakage or color issue on that Soyo model. I remembered a lot of people 'not recommending' it in that Soyo 24" for $300 thread.

Yeah, I read through the entire thread on the Soyo's too. It really seems like a crap shoot with this monitor and there are A LOT of potential problems. I have it setup right next to me and it's been up for a little over 24 hours now. Haven't had any of the mentioned problems so far, but it seems like you know never know with this monitor...

Does anyone have experience with this monitor side by side vs. the Soyo DYLM24D6? I'm trying to decide between these two monitors ATM :confused:. Oh, and price isn't a factor since both will be costing me about the same.

Also, I've read through this entire thread already, but could use more feedback on the gaming issue. Some people seem to say that ghosting isn't really a problem while others feel that it doesn't hold up in games. Does anyone here play fast-paced, first-person shooters like Crysis/COD 4 on this monitor? If the response time is too slow, that's gonna be a major factor for me since I do a fair share of gaming.

I've played through CoD4, Crysis, HL2:EP2, C&C3 and AoE3 and don't have a single complaint about anything regarding this monitor.

I've played through CoD4, Crysis, HL2:EP2, C&C3 and AoE3 and don't have a single complaint about anything regarding this monitor.

same here. Played WoW, Cod4, Crysis, Source games and peggle! Havent noticed anything. Either that or my eyes are lying to me.

I got my monitor and love but it has that buzzing when brightness is lowered to below 100. Should I consider this a defect and return it to newegg?

The monitor I had for testing had the same buzzing. It's probably the sound of a inductor which has windings which are resonating and causing the audible sound. They should have put some hot glue on it or something.

The monitor I had for testing had the same buzzing. It's probably the sound of a inductor which has windings which are resonating and causing the audible sound. They should have put some hot glue on it or something.

How loud was this buzzing sound? Was it audible during normal use from your seat?

Is this buzzing something we should be worrying about? I love the monitor but...

Also anything wrong with keeping the brightness max and lowering it with the card controls? The default was 100.

Does anybody know if it will make a difference if I get a single link dvi-d cable versus a dual link? I haven't seen any dual link dvi-d to hdmi cables and was just curious. Thanks. BTW, I ordered the monitor but don't know enough about this stuff to give a review or any thoughts on the technical stuff.

I don't have any buzzing on mine. My brightness is at 45 and my sound is not turned off or to 0.

I have the buzzing sound when I go below 98 for brightness. I wonder if this is an actual defect with the monitor and how widespread it is.

Does anyone know where to find the mfg. date on this monitor? I looked on the box and the back of the monitor but didn't see any.

I was looking for some opinions on which monitor would be best for my needs and for the money.

I can get the Soyo for about $285, this Westy for $366 or I can get the LG L246WP for $450. I really don't game at all any more but the monitor will be used for TV and movies a lot. I was looking at getting a LCD TV instead but those seem to be a little out of my price range unless I get a 720p.
I'm asking because I will not have a chance to see any of the monitors before I buy it. Thanks

I was looking for some opinions on which monitor would be best for my needs and for the money.

I can get the Soyo for about $285, this Westy for $366 or I can get the LG L246WP for $450. I really don't game at all any more but the monitor will be used for TV and movies a lot. I was looking at getting a LCD TV instead but those seem to be a little out of my price range unless I get a 720p.
I'm asking because I will not have a chance to see any of the monitors before I buy it. Thanks

I guess it depends on how tight your budget is and what your preferences are. Are the extra inputs on the Westy worth the extra money for you over the Soyo? Are aesthetics important to you? I had both the Soyo and the Westy so from my experience, the Westy was better in just about every aspect. Also, since you're wanting to use the monitor as both a TV and monitor, the Westy might be more suitable for your needs because of the inputs.

With the LG, I personally don't think it's worth the extra $100 jump over the Westy, but some might feel differently. That's a great monitor too as I've seen it in person, but again, comes back to the budget. Oh, and you should check your local Best Buy's. The LG might be on clearance for about $350.

Back