• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just Cause 2 75% off

Stiffy

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
278
As of right now, on Steam, Just Cause 2 is 75% off, making it $7.49.

I played the demo and really liked it, but held off on buying the full title. This is now a no brainer for me. Just giving the heads up!
 
I paid full price at release and it was worth it, $7.49 is just begging "buy me, buy me".
 
This is a great sandbox game, especially when you learn how to use the chute and the grappling hook - I stayed in the air for an entire hour one time.
 
Thanks OP, been waiting for this. Bought it, £4.99 is a steal
 
I paid full price at release and it was worth it, $7.49 is just begging "buy me, buy me".

Absolutely. No excuse not to if a person even remotely likes action or sandbox style games whatsoever.

One of the best games of all 2010 for me easily.
 
got it thru a deal from thanksgiving. GREAT game, doesnt feel like a port at all.
 
Couldn't resist the price point. Almost bought it when it was 25$ so this was a real easy decision.
 
Sweet - I was just thinking of making a thread asking if JC2 was worth buying at this sale price. I've heard mixed reviews, but at $7.49 it's hard to pass up.

Anything I should know about the game before buying? I'll probably go ahead and buy it later today.
 
I bought the game at full price too and it was worth it.

At the price they are selling it for now I am tempted to buy it and give it to a friend or something. Amazing deal.
 
Fantastic game, with a handful of nice mods like the BOLOPatch. Don't forget to get some of the DLC if on sale - they provide some really fun weapons and vehicles.

JC2 is by far the most scenic game I've played to date - the world can look tiny from up in your jet, to huge when you're grappled to the side of a mountain. There is literally every single type of terrain present on earth, from deserts with nothing but villages and roadways, to snow-capped peaks and Tibetan-style monasteries, waterfalls, skyscrapers, a space program launch platform, to something very reminiscent of "The Island" from LOST (if you fly there you'll know...all aircraft will immediately burst into flames!)

Its a fantastic sandbox that is just pure fun to play, and for $7 it can't be beat. As I said before shell out for the (cheap) DLC especially if its on sale, especially the two "Black Market" packs which come with multiple items (including a set of boosters on your parachute, in the Aerial pack!), Rico's Signature Gun, Bull's Eye Assault Rifle, and the Agency Hovercraft. All DLC Items do cost in-game money to have the Black Market dealer airdrop them in your direction, but they come fully "upgraded" to max stats - all standard weapons and vehicles require upgrades in "parts" you find around your adventures.
 
I've owned the game for several months now I really like it but it's most fun as a sandbox. Definitely worth picking up.
 
You guys are killing me with all these STEAM sales post. That's two games for me this week. :) Thank you.
 
played for about an hour last night. I'm not a big sandbox guy, I really didn't like GTA at all. I always get bored in about 20 minutes. I have to say though, the story mode in this game is really excellent. It's pretty much a suped up action movie where you are constantly killing people, blowing stuff up, and jumping off cars and into helicopters. It wasn't really hard, but it was just fun.

The game doesn't pretend it has a great story or anything really new. They basically said, we know what you want, and it's a ton of action. So each sequence is full of it. I'd say get it for sure at $7.50.
 
I heard it was a great game. I want to purchase it but I just finished Batman Arkham Asylum (btw I got for the same price and OMFG was it awesome). Gah I hate not having a job!
 
I play this off and on, at 50% cleared finally. It's a good game and if you do it all, a long game.
 
Heard it's good... saw Metro 20XX on sale too so decided to pick it up as well...

Should keep me busy for those cold, cold winter days :p
 
Really, for $7.49 you can't get much more value from a game. I have a few very minor gripes with the game, but all of them can be ignored for that price.
 
i just bought, Beat hazard also for 2.50


i havnt had a chance to play JC2 yet, only ran the 3 benchmark lvls to compare my 4870. im not playing it until the day after xmas when ill have my 2 6870's


here is a video of beat hazard i uploaded to youtube last night. its pretty fun, uses the beat of the music to determine the enemys and the power of your weapon. it can get really intense and then suddenly the beat drops in the song and you panic dodging enemys until the beat starts up again lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKeJdHCSw0I

for once the seizure warning at the beginning of the game is justified....
 
I liked the demo...the draw distances were huge...I never got the full game as I thought it might get repetitive after awhile...tempted now
 
Menus, acting, and textures :D None of those things really detract from the fun very much though.

Menus are easily tolerable... acting is campy/purposefully so, I found it funny but silly/dumb... textures are pretty good other than ground/grass ones IMO :).
 
I want to get this game but all the different mods add up (money wise). Is there a place where you can get them for free?
 
I bought the 8 pack for $60 during the T-giving sale. Pretty fun game. :)
 
Steam? Steam didn't make Just Cause 2...:rolleyes:

but they sold and delivered it, with all the time a game takes to download, the Steam delivery system should verify your systems drivers, etc so you can launch the game upon install.

Don't get me started on digital delivery pros and cons....:)
just look at the 2-3 threads I started then got locked
 
I paid the same amount during Thanksgiving. Totally worth the money! :)
 
Don't get me started on digital delivery pros and cons....:)
just look at the 2-3 threads I started then got locked

Yeah...because I've never had a problem getting a store purchased game to work. :rolleyes:
 
Yeah...because I've never had a problem getting a store purchased game to work. :rolleyes:

Shit. I've REPLACED most of my store bought games with Steam versions. Thank god the most expensive was like $16, waiting for end of the year/holiday Steam sales FTW. :)
 
Back
Top