• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just Cause 2 75% off

The mouse control in this game is horrid. Is there a way to disable the acceleration?

I just used the 360 pad, it works great. The aiming / targeting is such that you don't have to be aiming directly at someone to hit them, as long as they're highlighted, you'll hit them. Aiming directly at them however will allow you to aim at the head for headshots though.

but they sold and delivered it, with all the time a game takes to download, the Steam delivery system should verify your systems drivers, etc so you can launch the game upon install.

Don't get me started on digital delivery pros and cons....:)
just look at the 2-3 threads I started then got locked

:rolleyes: And did you learn anything yet? Why should some game verify your drivers? That's the job of the end user, not Steam. Let's not turn this into another argument.
 
BoloPatch?

I have replaced my steam version with 1.01 or whatever it is and downloaded 3.05 bolo. I start the game and run the trainer but nothing happens? Is there a button to hit in order to use the trainer? Thanks
 
but they sold and delivered it, with all the time a game takes to download, the Steam delivery system should verify your systems drivers, etc so you can launch the game upon install.

Don't get me started on digital delivery pros and cons....:)
just look at the 2-3 threads I started then got locked

Run along child, no one wants an pointless argument involving Steam.
 
at this price I couldn't say no.
This is a really beautiful game I don't know how you could be disappointed paying 7.50 for this.
 
Menus are easily tolerable... acting is campy/purposefully so, I found it funny but silly/dumb... textures are pretty good other than ground/grass ones IMO :).

Menus remind me of UT3, which were awful. Campy is fine, unless it is written by teenagers :p. Some textures are pretty bad.

None of those gripes take away from the actual gameplay, which I find enjoyable. Like I said, for $7.49, it's going to be very difficult to find any real fault with the game.
 
but they sold and delivered it, with all the time a game takes to download, the Steam delivery system should verify your systems drivers, etc so you can launch the game upon install.

Don't get me started on digital delivery pros and cons....:)
just look at the 2-3 threads I started then got locked

Are you serious?
I guess likewise a dealership should verify that a car will fit in your garage before they sell it to you, or DirecTV should verify that your tv has an unused input for their DVR before they install your service. :rolleyes:

Get real. If you want to play games on your computer, it's your responsibility to make sure you have drivers installed. If you're too lazy to do that yourself or you are incapable of doing it yourself, then you should switch over to consoles only. Secondly if Steam snooped into people's computers and started monitoring files that do not have anything to do with Steam, the DRM police would have a field day with it and there would be complaints all over the place.

Does GFWL or D2D check for drivers? Do retail boxed copies check for drivers? Your point is moot.
 
Are you serious?
I guess likewise a dealership should verify that a car will fit in your garage before they sell it to you, or DirecTV should verify that your tv has an unused input for their DVR before they install your service. :rolleyes:

Get real. If you want to play games on your computer, it's your responsibility to make sure you have drivers installed. If you're too lazy to do that yourself or you are incapable of doing it yourself, then you should switch over to consoles only. Secondly if Steam snooped into people's computers and started monitoring files that do not have anything to do with Steam, the DRM police would have a field day with it and there would be complaints all over the place.

Does GFWL or D2D check for drivers? Do retail boxed copies check for drivers? Your point is moot.

What game checks for drivers either?
 
but they sold and delivered it, with all the time a game takes to download, the Steam delivery system should verify your systems drivers, etc so you can launch the game upon install.
If they can figure out what's causing the problem, they should just fix it...
 
Menus remind me of UT3, which were awful. Campy is fine, unless it is written by teenagers :p. Some textures are pretty bad.

None of those gripes take away from the actual gameplay, which I find enjoyable. Like I said, for $7.49, it's going to be very difficult to find any real fault with the game.

Yeah, I'd say that's a good comparison on the menus... I found UT3's "tolerable", and you don't really use 'em often in Just Cause 2 so I don't really mind 'em. As you said... the flaws are there, but the gameplay is worth it :D.
 
How come all the benchmark sites say they are benching this game at DX11 when it doesn't run in DX11 at all? As fair as I can tell looking it up.
 
BoloPatch?

I have replaced my steam version with 1.01 or whatever it is and downloaded 3.05 bolo. I start the game and run the trainer but nothing happens? Is there a button to hit in order to use the trainer? Thanks
From what I remember, you just run it and alt-tab out to toggle the checkboxes.

Anyway, I found another one with most of the same features... I think it's got everything but the vehicle spawning (and a lot more), and it works with v1.0.0.2:
http://m0001.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_just_cause_2.shtml#Just%20Cause%202%20v1.1%20%28v1.0.0.2%29%20+30%20TRAINER
 
but they sold and delivered it, with all the time a game takes to download, the Steam delivery system should verify your systems drivers, etc so you can launch the game upon install.

I suppose that it should also know you'd be hungry after all that waiting and order you a pizza?
 
How come all the benchmark sites say they are benching this game at DX11 when it doesn't run in DX11 at all? As fair as I can tell looking it up.

Uhh, it just does? Pretty sure it is DX11, at least going by everything I've heard.
 
Very fun game from the 1 hour I played it so far. Great graphics, fun game-play. Reminds me of a over the top action flick but it's great. Definitely going to be playing this a lot more later.
 
bolopatch doesn't work. In fact, it tripped my anti virus. Said the bolopatch was attempting to manipulate a program. Since it never worked, I axed it.
 
Nope, DX10 only.


All of them? Yeah, I found one at Tom's Hardware, but the next two turned up by Google said DX10.

Yeah, I don't get this. There are only a couple references, aside from the recent benchmarks, that say the game is DX11. Very strange.
 
Controls are a bit weird and needs getting used to.
Other than that I like it!
 
Controls are a bit weird and needs getting used to.
Other than that I like it!

And 3rd person is meh, but this is a really fun game. I'm getting my ass kicked early on in the campaign, in the level where you stand on top of a car and protect the drunken casino owner. One of the first side areas has people parachuting in and I haven't lasted very long.
 
I first tried to play the game with win XP but it did not work. Further investigation revealed it will only play with win7. Doesn't that mean it uses dx11? Anyway to make changes with the mouse control in the game itself?
 
And 3rd person is meh, but this is a really fun game. I'm getting my ass kicked early on in the campaign, in the level where you stand on top of a car and protect the drunken casino owner. One of the first side areas has people parachuting in and I haven't lasted very long.

If you are having problems with the car chase I would suggest shooting for the front tires of the pursuing trucks. Blowing one out will cause a sufficient pleasing catastrophic rollover.
 
I first tried to play the game with win XP but it did not work. Further investigation revealed it will only play with win7. Doesn't that mean it uses dx11? Anyway to make changes with the mouse control in the game itself?
As mentioned by LuminaryJanitor just a few posts earlier in the thread, it's a d3d10 game.
 
If you are having problems with the car chase I would suggest shooting for the front tires of the pursuing trucks. Blowing one out will cause a sufficient pleasing catastrophic rollover.

It's one of the side areas you can explore if you hop off the car. 3 guards behind a fence, ~15 people guarding a small compound on the water and another twenty or so parachute in after you waste the first fifteen.

I'm loving the AI in this game. If you sit in one spot you'll get flanked and grenaded heavily.
 
Been enjoying the game. Though everytime I play I get the feeling that something is missing...co-op! The only way all the fun and destruction could be better is playing with a friend (like in Mercenaries 2).

Either way, still a great game. :cool: The Ulars are some crazy dudes...lol
 
Co-op in this game would be absolutely AMAZING. You are on to something with that idea!
 
I'd like more co-op games in general. It's funny how there's been an explosion of them on consoles, but co-op games seem less likely to get ported to Windows.
 
bolopatch doesn't work. In fact, it tripped my anti virus. Said the bolopatch was attempting to manipulate a program. Since it never worked, I axed it.
Of course it's trying to manipulate a program. That's how trainers work.

It's broken since the last patch, since memory addresses are specific to the 1.0.0.1 .exe; you can replace the .exe with this one and it should work fine. You'll probably lose some of the 1.0.0.2 patch changes, but I don't think I had any issues in the first place...
 
Last edited:
This game brings my computer to it's knees. I think something is wrong, I shouldn't be hovering around 20FPS. I play at 1920x1200.
 
This game brings my computer to it's knees. I think something is wrong, I shouldn't be hovering around 20FPS. I play at 1920x1200.
You should be able to max everything out easily. Check and see if you have any programs running in the background and hogging up CPU time. You might also want to fire up MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision, and use one of them to see if your GPU shows proper usage (should be close to 100%) and if it's properly ramping up to 3D clocks when you're in the game.
 
Been able to play a few hours since picking it up on sale, most of it's quite fun. The controls for helicopters and planes are pretty terrible on the PC (even after remapping the throttle controls).
It's the first GTA style wreak havoc on the world game I've enjoyed... since GTA III maybe. I just wish I had a 360 controller for the vehicles.
 
Any tips on how to fly a plane using a mouse/kb?

This is one part they really screwed up, implementing good flight controls. The only way I was able to use KB/M was to fly slow and avoid taking sharp turns. I skipped a lot of the flying challenges because it was just so frustrating for me.
 
Back
Top