• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just Cause 2 75% off

Any tips on how to fly a plane using a mouse/kb?
Yeah, don't :p. Controlling planes is just about impossible without analog controls. I can drive pretty much anything else using my keyboard and mouse, but when I get into a plane I switch to my 360 controller.
 
Yeah, don't :p. Controlling planes is just about impossible without analog controls. I can drive pretty much anything else using my keyboard and mouse, but when I get into a plane I switch to my 360 controller.
Thought as much. Thanks. :p
 
Thanks for the heads up OP. I ended up buying this game when it was on sale and had a great deal of fun. I went into this kind of expecting suckage but found it well worth my money. Heck if I knew i'd enjoy it as much as I did I would've paid more.

Maybe i'm just easily amused, but the rampant destruction and over the top action hero moves are a blast.

I did have somewhat of a problem with the keyboard and flying the planes but it just took a little getting used to. I can definitely see a controller or the like helping in this regard.
 
Any tips on how to fly a plane using a mouse/kb?
I don't know what people are talking about. I never had any problems. It can be tricky, since the planes have no rudders, but I don't see how that's any different with a controller. Basically, all you need to do to hit a checkpoint (or whatever else you're flying towards) is roll until it's lined up with the nose of your plane, and pitch up/down until you're pointing right at it.

Keeps locking up for me needing a hard reset to clear, what a waste of money.
Tried it without the OC?
 
I don't know what people are talking about. I never had any problems. It can be tricky, since the planes have no rudders, but I don't see how that's any different with a controller. Basically, all you need to do to hit a checkpoint (or whatever else you're flying towards) is roll until it's lined up with the nose of your plane, and pitch up/down until you're pointing right at it.


Tried it without the OC?

Yep. OCs are stable in everything else.
 
Any tips on how to fly a plane using a mouse/kb?

It's easier with a controller, but you soon realize how to do it with a kb/m. The key is to not touch the mouse. Just use WASD. A and D simply roll the plane in either direction then you have to use W or S to turn (for example turning right = roll right with D, then pitch the plane 'up' with S and the plane will turn right since it's angled that way).

Keeps locking up for me needing a hard reset to clear, what a waste of money.
I guess you should play on consoles.


I am disappointed that bolopatch no longer works. I've been trying to find replacement mods for it.
 
Flying planes is tricky but definitely not broken; it's very similar to how Air Combat worked on the PS1 except for the lack of yaw control.

Driving in this game is a blast. There are a ton of different vehicles and each handles differently. The game bugged out last night and all civilian traffic disappeared. I was in a Mancini Cavallo 1001 (very fast sports car) and spent all of last night just driving.

All in all, this is the best sandbox game I've seen.
 
It'll work if you revert to the 1.0.0.1 .exe, though you'll probably lose some of the patch changes.

If you can live without BOLOPatch's vehicle spawning, there's a trainer here that does everything else (as far as I recall) and more.

Hmm, it might break the recent eyefinity fix for the hijacking prompts, but I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: Yea it broke the latest fix they did for the prompts in eyefinity. Although there was a manual fix for that anyway before the official fix (changing the fovfactor to 1.7).
 
Last edited:
Yeah, don't :p. Controlling planes is just about impossible without analog controls. I can drive pretty much anything else using my keyboard and mouse, but when I get into a plane I switch to my 360 controller.

Ha! I haven't used a controller for one second on the game and I have no problems.
 
Ha! I haven't used a controller for one second on the game and I have no problems.
Well, I didn't spend a whole lot of time trying to fly with my keyboard since I already had a 360 controller. It's certainly easier.
 
Well, I didn't spend a whole lot of time trying to fly with my keyboard since I already had a 360 controller. It's certainly easier.

I'm too lazy to switch between them during gameplay :p.
 
I played using the 360 controller at the start but for the last 30 or so hours I've been using KB/M. The game was clearly designed with the controller in mind though, including the gratuitous auto aim.
 
I've been playing this game a lot since I bought it last week - I finally broke down and upgraded my video card, mostly just to get some better fps in this game. :cool: I am loving this game so far! So absolutely gorgeous looking! May have to start a new thread some time soon to post all the amazing screen-shots I've taken so far. :D
 
Back
Top