June 3 DNF Demo zomgwtfOFFICIAL THREAD!!!11

Downloading. Was going to sleep before work tomorrow, but I don't think I'll be doing much of that.

firefox would not give em the demo code, kept timing out and when it finally let me in gave me an error "could not retreave your demo code". Internet explorer worked first try, just loaded slowly lol.

Damnit. The site is getting hit so hard it wont load enough to display my key.

Finally got my code and it's downloading in Steam as we speak. Should be done in about 10 min. I've got the Balls of Steel package pre-ordered from Amazon so needless to say i'm dying to see how the game plays. I'll post my thoughts here shortly.

Can't get it to work either. Wish they did the whole thing through Steam.

Just so everyone knows, once you get your key (keep trying took me three times including clearing cache between attempts) it is loaded through Steam to play.

I'm not sure how to take that, considering your signature.

Touche, sir.. We shall just say that for those who believe in a higher power, My eyes and brain just got groped by mine... in the good way... In the upper noodle..

However, one truth still remains..
Duke Nukem exists..

Man that demo was awesome. The game should be a blast to play. The demo made me want the game, but probably not day one. We'll see. I was worried that it would feel too old or that the jokes would feel way too 90s, but it all works good and is fun to play.

Just played the (very short) demo. Pretty much what you would expect, straightforward FPS fun. I'm just glad to see that Duke is back and classic FPSs aren't dead yet!

Just got done with demo and man this game sucks. Seriously, what is making this so great to some of you guys??? If this game was a movie they would call it "dungeons and dragons". If this game was called anything but "duke nukem" you would all be calling it a POS.

Just got done with demo and man this game sucks. Seriously, what is making this so great to some of you guys??? If this game was a movie they would call it "dungeons and dragons". If this game was called anything but "duke nukem" you would all be calling it a POS.

And your issue with it is...?

It's fun. The driving bit sucked, but the rest of it was fun. I don't see any reason not to like it.

It's fun. The driving bit sucked, but the rest of it was fun. I don't see any reason not to like it.

The driving bit sucked simply because the controls were fucked and unresponsive. I'm surprised nobody's bitched about the "Aim-Assist" Check Box in the menu.

Was fun though, looking forward to more.

I see it as, "what does this game do that makes me want to pay for it?" It looks pretty bleh, it plays pretty bleh, there is nothing that I saw that would make this game good. I honestly believe the only reason anyone is saying anything positive about this game, is because it's Duke Nukem.

I see it as, "what does this game do that makes me want to pay for it?" It looks pretty bleh, it plays pretty bleh, there is nothing that I saw that would make this game good. I honestly believe the only reason anyone is saying anything positive about this game, is because it's Duke Nukem.

I agree that it doesn't bring anything new to the table, but it's not really meant to. It's meant to play like a 13 year old run-and-gun shooter. Not every game has to be cutting edge and on the brink of innovation to be fun.

So yea really short demo but it succeeded at it's purpose, making WANT the game that much more!

HAIL TO THE KING BABY, DUKE IS BACK!!

And for those who are saying it sucks, you obviously aren't old enough to remember playing the original Duke Nukem (Apogee FTW!) and Duke 3D or you would know why we think this is gonna be a great game.

Shame they put in the two weapon limit. It's close to feeling like an old school shooter... they could have went all the way. Valve realized that with HL2.

Still fun though. Probably not worth full price but I'll get it eventually. The first boss battle in the stadium, though easy, was fucking awesome.

Just got done. Incredibly short, sadly, but cool. I'm a little disappointed, though, since the entire first part was footage we've already seen from the demo that was released at some convention awhile back (E3?), and the second part was fun, though I'm not sure how I feel about the driving. Hopefully there's not a lot of that in the final.

I, too, am also really disappointed in the 2 weapon limit.

I agree that it doesn't bring anything new to the table, but it's not really meant to. It's meant to play like a 13 year old run-and-gun shooter. Not every game has to be cutting edge and on the brink of innovation to be fun.

I just don't see the value in what is basically an outdated game. Seriously, if this game was not called duke nukem, and had some random dude as the main character, what would you think of it then? I see it as a game worth getting when it hits $5, maybe $10.

I just don't see the value in what is basically an outdated game. Seriously, if this game was not called duke nukem, and had some random dude as the main character, what would you think of it then? I see it as a game worth getting when it hits $5, maybe $10.

I think by repeating the same thing 3 times has already got your point across. We get it.

Exactly. It gets a free ride for the nostalgia of the old, shitty Duke Nukem games. I thought it was terrible. From the mouse acceleration to the asstastically consolized FOV and controls to the bad graphics and the asinine two-weapon limit.

Yes, we get your point. Were you around when Duke 3d came out? For me, this is a throwback to the days of Duke and Doom. I wasn't expecting anything more from it.

If you play this game expecting cutting edge anything then you will be disappointed. If you play expecting classic Duke, then you'll be happy. I am.

If you play this game expecting cutting edge anything then you will be disappointed. If you play expecting classic Duke, then you'll be happy. I am.

Classic Duke didn't have driving sections or a 2-weapon limit... :(

Back