JOHN WICK 4 AND MATRIX 4 THREAD (All Keanu)

How dangerous would it have been to mass release the human fields by detonating an emp close by?

Or better question, what strategy could they have done to mass release those humans in the fields?

From what I recall, nothing really changed for all those stuck inside the matrix at the end of M3 lol.
It would have killed every single human there. None of the humans would be capable of moving much less do anything else because of muscle atrophy. Beyond that, there would have been no way to recover the humans or keep them alive until something could be done. They would literally drown before anything could have been done.

There was never any plan to mass release humans. The stated reason from the movies is because most people wouldn't be able to handle it. Most people's minds would break and they would go insane at best. Dropping millions of people onto a rather small community and expect the small community to feed and care for all of them would be impossible.

Releasing them on HBOmax is pretty cool. Idk how they plan to make money on a movie by not charging a extra fee like Disney+. Either way it nice not having to go to theaters anymore for movies. I got a decent Atmos setup at home and a comfy couch.

That's a good point. Morpheus wouldn't be amazed by that, he would know what it was and why he's seeing it. Something is fucky!
Yep, anyone that sees the mirror for the first time is being freed. In this case a program being freed, same as what the Merovingian does.
So the new Morpheus can very well be a freed program helping Neo, getting around the actual canon death of Morpheus.

Neo goes through the door, not the mirror, which means he's The One and blue hair woman could be another version of The One as well in that version of the Matrix.
This lends to the brothers/sisters maybe introducing a female/trans The One.

Would Neo have broken the vase if the Oracle told him to not worry about it?

He wouldn't have, but the Oracle would have always said that. Meaning there was no timeline when the vase was not broken.

That doesn't make sense then. Unless I'm missing something, Neo only was there once. Unless the same has happened for all the others Morpheus brought to her?

It's kind of hard to understand but it makes sense. Neo broke the vase because the Oracle said not to worry about it.

But the Oracle could see the future, of Neo breaking the vase, and also of her telling him not to worry. But she may not be able to change the future, in which case both the vase breaking and her mentioning it were a sort of fate.

I really liked the first matrix movie. Second was ok, I thought it was good but not as good as the first one. Third I'd rather not talk about....

But here's the thing. They ended the series pretty firmly at the end of the third movie. Neo and trinity dead, agent Smith destroyed, peace made with the machines. I can see doing another movie with new characters but bringing the old ones back? Why? And leaving Lawrence fishburne out.....just because?

I want this to be good, I really do. But I can also smell the flaming bag of dog poo. I hope I'm wrong.
Fishburne was killed in the video game which is considered cannon

Fishburne was killed in the video game which is considered cannon
Yes, but Neo and Trinity also died and they are in the new movie.

Neo I can understand, since he merged with the machines, so conceivably could have been reinserted into the matrix. But Trinity's death seemed pretty final.

Yes, but Neo and Trinity also died and they are in the new movie.

Neo I can understand, since he merged with the machines, so conceivably could have been reinserted into the matrix. But Trinity's death seemed pretty final.
But did they? OR was the "real" world just another layer of control? What if the machines are using Neo & Trinity to understand love? The Matrix ultimately is a love story after all.

What the hell. I just signed up. Gonna be worth it to watch the new matrix a bunch of times. I've watched the trailer at least 50 times (no joke).

What the hell. I just signed up. Gonna be worth it to watch the new matrix a bunch of times. I've watched the trailer at least 50 times (no joke).
I'm still disappointed I wasn't able to see TENET in IMAX.
Now here's another movie from a director I like and I have to watch from home.

Honestly, I'm okay with new movies steaming on day one. I mean, the theater experience is still something else, but I have a nice setup at home, it's alright.

In any case, I am going to see Ghost in the Shell (1995) at IMAX next week, but that is a rare exception since I never saw it in the theaters originally and it's a once in a lifetime kind of thing.

Seems a bit awkward to do both on the same day. Yes both are different style of films, but both are heavily based on action and have some overlap. Would probably eat into each others ticket sales. Not that it matters to me really.
I think they are just hurting for box office ticket sales so much that if they offer two movies that cater to very similar audiences then if you get there and one is sold out or at capacity. you can just opt for seeing the other one, instead of a wasted trip to the theater.

I noticed when Disney+ did that thing with the new Black Widow movie where you could choose to watch it at the theater or on the app the same night by paying the extra $28 or whatever it was for that month to watch the movie at home right when it came out on Disney+....there were Blu-ray / UHD quality rips of it on torrent sites already up an hour or two after it released on the same night. Which I could be wrong, but seems like that would definitely hurt sales moreso in the long run as after 24 hours I'm sure many people chose the third option instead of going to a crowded theater during COVID or paying a hefty subscription fee increase just to watch a single movie.

How dangerous would it have been to mass release the human fields by detonating an emp close by?

Or better question, what strategy could they have done to mass release those humans in the fields?

From what I recall, nothing really changed for all those stuck inside the matrix at the end of M3 lol.
Probably just kill a bunch of humans who drown in the amniotic fluid they were sleeping in. If you recall what they said, the machines had fusion, the humans were just a convenient (and stupid) narrative to push the background of the story. Machines should have been able to eradicate every last human and then work on making the world better for them.

I noticed when Disney+ did that thing with the new Black Widow movie where you could choose to watch it at the theater or on the app the same night by paying the extra $28 or whatever it was for that month to watch the movie at home right when it came out on Disney+....there were Blu-ray / UHD quality rips of it on torrent sites already up an hour or two after it released on the same night. Which I could be wrong, but seems like that would definitely hurt sales moreso in the long run as after 24 hours I'm sure many people chose the third option instead of going to a crowded theater during COVID or paying a hefty subscription fee increase just to watch a single movie.
Well they did have 4k streams, so yeah the quality of the movie is definitely there on day 1. Would it hurt sales, sure but how much it hurt is the question, without going into too many *wink wink* details... there is zero way I would go to a theater to watch it even if I got free tickets. So saying I represent a lost sale is just absurd. Now take into account a similar number of people who also wouldn't go to a theater to watch it, but are jazzed about seeing it, and poof all of a sudden you gained sales

The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience | Teaser

The Matrix Awakens tech demo is releasing on consoles only and features performances from Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss (not on PC)...

Probably just kill a bunch of humans who drown in the amniotic fluid they were sleeping in. If you recall what they said, the machines had fusion, the humans were just a convenient (and stupid) narrative to push the background of the story. Machines should have been able to eradicate every last human and then work on making the world better for them.
Humans were used as batteries if I recall correctly.

The Matrix Resurrections- Official Trailer 2

It's as if the story is mirroring the events NEO has already been through. The first fight against Smith in the train station, the helicopter/roof scene when he bailed out Morpheus, etc.... Round two of 1000 smiths versus Neo coming? Lol

Curious to see wtf is going on

It's as if the story is mirroring the events NEO has already been through. The first fight against Smith in the train station, the helicopter/roof scene when he bailed out Morpheus, etc.... Round two of 1000 smiths versus Neo coming? Lol

Curious to see wtf is going on

they mentioned 'repeating loops' in the trailer...I wouldn't mind seeing an updated version of that amazing freeway chase sequence from Matrix Reloaded

they mentioned 'repeating loops' in the trailer...I wouldn't mind seeing an updated version of that amazing freeway chase sequence from Matrix Reloaded
Parts of that chase scene just felt... cheesy. The first Matrix was a masterpiece, the second and third were disappointing. Im crossing my fingers for this one.

Trailer looks good. Maybe they showed too much, but still happy I watched it.

Got the trilogy on 4K recently, still have to watch the last one, but the second one was surprisingly good.

If you haven't watched it in a while, maybe revisit because if you let go of it not being anything like the first, it's actually a solid movie.

they mention loops in the originals, this is the 7th iirc. neo was the first anomaly, trinity is probably the 2nd.

The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience | Teaser

The Matrix Awakens tech demo is releasing on consoles only and features performances from Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss (not on PC)...

I suspected UE5 would initially be a showcase for newer consoles while PCs lagged behind, but I didn't think we'd get that showcase so... quickly.

I suspected UE5 would initially be a showcase for newer consoles while PCs lagged behind, but I didn't think we'd get that showcase so... quickly.
its just a tech demo, hardly something to hang a hat on.

There will be a small handful of console exclusives for this entire generation.

its just a tech demo, hardly something to hang a hat on.

There will be a small handful of console exclusives for this entire generation.
I agree it's not exactly going to turn the gaming market on its head (this isn't really a game as such), but it is a shipping UE5 product arriving on consoles first... and, as far as we know, exclusively. And you may see a big difference in console-only UE5 games versus their PC-ready counterparts, since it's still a bit too early for PC games to require NVMe SSDs.

At any rate, I'll be happy to give it a spin and report on how it goes. Really, I'm just happy they're using a technological showcase for the new movie instead of just posting a website and airing some trailers.

I agree it's not exactly going to turn the gaming market on its head (this isn't really a game as such), but it is a shipping UE5 product arriving on consoles first... and, as far as we know, exclusively. And you may see a big difference in console-only UE5 games versus their PC-ready counterparts, since it's still a bit too early for PC games to require NVMe SSDs.

At any rate, I'll be happy to give it a spin and report on how it goes. Really, I'm just happy they're using a technological showcase for the new movie instead of just posting a website and airing some trailers.

I don't think you'll see NVMe impacting game design for years to come. Much like raytracing is only just starting to make its way into every title 4 years later, NVMe titles are going to be a while yet outside a very few outliers. By the time projects are really taking advantage of the tech it'll be multi-platform anyway.

Yeah, its a cool tie in, like matrix online back in the day.

The new Matrix looks less pretentious than the two previous sequels at least. Every word spoken by every character in those movies was delivered in a deadly serious near whisper. It's like their every utterance was of biblical importance.
This, I think is why I didn't care for the second one that much, I liked the 3rd one well enough though, even though people say its the worst of the series. Nobody liked the Kid, but he was saved by Neo in the Animatrix prequel, which fit in nicely and ultimately led him to saving Zion. Had Neo not rescued him prior to the third movies events, Zion would have surely been destroyed, stopping the Machines initial attack with the EMP gave Neo time to reach the Machine City and make a deal with the Machines to take out Smith.

I loved the kid. That Animatrix episode with the Juno Reactor and him skateboarding, one of the best of all time. I watched that so much.

What is or where do you find this "Animatrix episode"? Might watch the 3 movies again before watching the new one.

Edit: I see this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Animatrix
If I do watch this, where in the movie sequence should I insert this?
Probably after them. One of the Animatrix titles sets up the story for Enter the Matrix, a game that takes place after Revolutions.

Back