JOHN WICK 4 AND MATRIX 4 THREAD (All Keanu)

These days people get angry if they haven't downloaded a multi-gigabyte patch in a minute or two.
Rumor has it Sonic is dropping 10 Gbps lines in my neighborhood soon, for get this... $40/month. Part of me is salivating at that prospect, but the other side of that coin is 1) doubtful very many servers out there can saturate it, and 2) no VPN in the world is going to be able to give me anywhere near that speed either so most of it would be all for show.

Well I have a 950Mbps plan and I can't even get to those speeds on WiFi 6. My apartment setup is weird, and I don't like wires everywhere. So I have to use WiFi. In the best case, I can get around 650Mbps on WiFi 6.

So there is no point to faster internet, as I'm already at the limit of what's possible with my current setup. And 650Mbps is plenty fast, it's not a problem.

Yeah I wouldn't do it for the speed alone, although totally would brag about my epeen ... but 40/month for super fast is pretty damn nice, hell even if I cant do much with it today maybe in the future I can.

Although the vast majority of downloading I do only barely saturates my 400Mbps line

Rumor has it Sonic is dropping 10 Gbps lines in my neighborhood soon, for get this... $40/month. Part of me is salivating at that prospect, but the other side of that coin is 1) doubtful very many servers out there can saturate it, and 2) no VPN in the world is going to be able to give me anywhere near that speed either so most of it would be all for show.
That would be amazing, but you're right... you'd need a perfect connection, and either 10Gbps Ethernet or Wi-Fi 6e to come anywhere close to using it. Hell, I'm on a 500Mbps cable plan that breaks some web-based speed tests, and it's too fast for the modem's built-in router (I got another 100+ Mbps just by using a Netgear Orbi).

Ermahgerd!!!! It's happening.

10G.png

We have 10 Gbps download and 10 Gbps ISP here but it is like $300 a month but it is a local ISP and it is only in one area.

I don't put a lot of stock into anything IGN does, however the Wakowski's jumped the shark a long time ago (depending on your opinion its usually the 3rd movie but I think they are one hit wonders with the OG Matrix).

At least once the average is in I'll know if I should hit it or avoid it until its free somewhere.

Not sure about that. Cloud Atlas was pretty good, and I liked Jupiter Ascending (even though it was pretty cheesy). But yeah, nothing compared to the original Matrix.

Not sure about that. Cloud Atlas was pretty good, and I liked Jupiter Ascending (even though it was pretty cheesy). But yeah, nothing compared to the original Matrix.
both are 6-7/10 at best, sense8 is atrocious.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy movies all the way down to a 4/10 range, but I won't be paying to see it in theaters thats for sure.

IGN is all over the place with everything these days. They joined the negative article trend years ago to accumulate more hits.

Matrix 4 has a 71% right now on Rotten tomatoes. That's a good start.

IGN is all over the place with everything these days. They joined the negative article trend years ago to accumulate more hits.

Just read a couple reviews. As someone that adored the first Matrix and generally was meh at the second and third, I dont have high hopes for this reboot.

My experience is that reviewer ratings frequently have an inverse correlation to how I feel about a movie.

OMG! The Matrix Resurrections is simply amazing. Not sure what the reviewers were smoking (or rather, not smoking) but it's the best movie ever! I'd say even better than the 1999 film. I'm not playing. You have to watch it.

The Matrix (1) is one of my favorite movies. All of the sequels are best ignored, this one included. I'll just say I didn't make it very far watching it with my family before we were all happy to shut it off. The least I was hoping for was good special effects, and they make it abundantly clear they're not trying to impress anyone within the first 5 minutes of the movie.

I can see certain people being happy about this movie, and it's definitely made with those certain people in mind.

There are good movies, bad movies, and movies you didn’t mind watching but don’t have to watch a second time.

yeah it was really good. not sure that it tops the 1st but id rate them 1, 4, 3, 2. the trailers and reviews dont due it justice.
Well, obviously it can't blow your mind as much as the first movie did in 1999, but it's still quite a mind fuck. Though, I think the new movie, in 2021, is more culturally relevant than the original in 1999.

But it only makes sense having seen all the movies, games, and spin-offs over 20 years. So Resurrections could not stand alone (while the first movie was fine, even if they made no sequels).

It was just so good. I'll have to watch it later tonight again on the 125" projector. I can't believe they pulled it off. Also, as someone who used to work in San Francisco as a game developer, the early plot is very true to reality.

And besides that, the action was great. That scene on the Tokyo train was unbelievable. And the fight choreography in general I think was way better than any previous movie.

Obviously in 1999 Keanu Reeves was not a big action star (The Matrix was his break out movie) but in 2021, after John Wick, I think he actually does know Kung Fu. So it was way more believable.

So I don't know. I read some of the reviews online and I think these "journalists" have no basis for what they are saying and are not qualified to publish a review for a movie like The Matrix Resurrections. They just didn't get it.

All of the sequels are best ignored, this one included. I'll just say I didn't make it very far watching it with my family before we were all happy to shut it off.
No offense, but please actually watch the movie before you think you have an opinion.

Come on now... just because there are a few that enjoy this garbage, the general consensus is , it's shit. People that think its garbage have just as much right to voice their opinion as those that eat this crap up. 😆

Come on now... just because there are a few that enjoy this garbage, the general consensus is , it's shit. People that think its garbage have just as much right to voice their opinion as those that eat this crap up. 😆
I thought it was amazing. Some people might rightfully not like it. But if *you didn't even watch the movie to the end* you have no business telling other people to ignore it.

Back