Jeez 10900k really?

For me, there are a lot of considerations I make and put behind what I buy. I still may buy AMD. Let's see what their single core performance is like. From what I am hearing, their new memory controller is going to fix a lot of AMD's memory issues. That sounds promising. Also, single core performance is supposed to increast 10 - 12 - 15%. If I can get an AMD 16 Core that beats Intel across the board, gaming and productivity then I will make the move. I have a feeling that Intel is still going to be extremely competitive. I really think Intel could possible have a 10nm 20 core CPU to take on AMD in the coming months. They could easily fit 20 Cores @ 10nm on their new 1200 socket. Even 18 Core 10nm could very possibly run at 4.8+ all cores. I mean, it's so exciting to think about this massive push between AMD and Intel that really benefits us PC guys. So god damn exciting.

That would be awesome if it happened, but I don't suspect we're going to see that until 2021 at the earliest. There just aren't any signs that they've got 10nm figured out quite yet, although I do hope it happens. Cooling it might be a pain though.

I really want 10nm; desktop sure, but also a full Tremont refresh for real on the Atom side for microservers and the like, and the next generation of Xeons (although Cascade Lake R is rocking that side pretty well given how they're priced). My Avoton systems are getting OLD as shit.

I think I read that Intel might have a new CPU out end of this year? Maybe not.

With the 3080 ti coming out this Fall, that will hold me over for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if nobody releases another CPU this year other than the AMD refresh.
AMD will most likely announce zen3 this year, not sure if it will be available but at least some models hopefully. Since their roadmap shows zen4 next year, it wouldn't leave much room if they didn't release this year.

I think I read that Intel might have a new CPU out end of this year? Maybe not.

With the 3080 ti coming out this Fall, that will hold me over for sure.
yea i think thats all disinformation, and a farce to sell z490 motherboards and I5s to people hoping to drop in a better chip soon down the road. i dont buy it for a second in regards to intel and rocket lake. they cant even supply 10th gen in enough volume. most retailers have had either ONE or ZERO deliveries of the 10980xe parts despite orders being in for 7+ months and that includes amazon and newegg. and 10900K is so far missing in action. theres some chips that have trickled out sure.. but stock is lower than usual for a intel top desktop SKU after 3ish weeks.
weve all seen pictures for months and months of microcener,bestbuys,frys with empty intel CPU sections and AMD chips for dayyyys and dayyys.
another consumer 14nm release in 2020? no way in hell..
10nm? L O L

i wish that wasnt the case, i have a dud 10980xe i wanna sell and reroll my luck at the silicon lotto. but with zero 18c chips anywere i cant sell what i do have. i was lucky and snagged a 10900k and im not totally in love with it either, its a somewhat middle of the road to below average chip for voltage and heat, and i want to get a better one of those also... im just over here waiting on intel to get their shit together, and it doesnt look promising.
I have no doubt nvidia will launch fairly soon IE within 6-9months.

Back