It's official - 980ti to cost $799

Status
Not open for further replies.
And $1K under water.

Shopblt has always been 50 50 when considering how they price their products, but $800 ain't a deal breaker.

A little more and one can get two 980's, of course, used. Another card for the 4K folks, or mostly.

Yeah, lets hope AMD does what it's always done best, bring a flag ship product to market for a lot less than Nvidia. However, with all the problems ( according to the media ) at AMD, I have my doubts.

I'm disappointed in that I was going to upgrade but with the super high costs being a barrier for most people along with these new cards still on 28nm, looks like I will be waiting til the end of 2015 / early 2016 to things improve.

Since when is wccftech.com an official source? All they have been posting lately is clickbait. They are turning into the next theinquirer.net or fudzilla.com.

Until I hear it from one of the OEM's like EVGA, a store like Amazon or Newegg, or Nvidia themselves, its all speculation and NOT official.

-edit below-

Geezus, they even posted an update to their own UNOFFICIAL, no sources mentioned clickbait article stating the price is now $649.
Update: HWBattle is claiming that the actual MSRP for the GTX 980 Ti is around $649 US. If true, this could be a serious deal breaker since the site also reports that the card will be bundled with Witcher 3 and Batman Akrham Knight. There’s also mentioned in the piece by the source that GeForce GTX 980 could be getting a price cut after 980 Ti launches.

Last edited:
Seems like kind of a joke...price-wise it's closer to the TitanX yet with only 2 GB VRAM more than the 980.

If true it's so damn close to Titan X... Makes it a tough choice. I didn't expect above $749. I thought it'd be around 2,5xx shaders and $699ish. It would leave a lot of room for AMD in between a 980 and 980ti.

I agree with the other posts. "Official" is a bit too strong of a word.

Update: HWBattle is claiming that the actual MSRP for the GTX 980 Ti is around $649 US. If true, this could be a serious deal breaker since the site also reports that the card will be bundled with Witcher 3 and Batman Akrham Knight. There’s also mentioned in the piece by the source that GeForce GTX 980 could be getting a price cut after 980 Ti launches.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/evga-geforce-gtx-980-ti-799-msrp-pricing/#ixzz3bZgzEH1D

People need to stop misusing the words "official" and "confirmed".
This is not official. The 980 Ti isn't even announced, at this point it might not even exist.

You lost me when you claimed WCCFTech as an official source. Especially since they have an update that says $649 right at the top of the article. :p

Yeah you see I updated in the tread. And btw, the $649 is no more official than the $799.

Let's see what's released next. These type of new releases on prices always brings out the real pricing from the manufacturer.

The good news is at least we will finally get to see some new cards in the coming weeks.

Seriously OP? We needed ANOTHER thread on this when there's two others discussing the EXACT same thing?

I'm pretty sure they're not deciding the price until after AMD drops whatever they're going to drop. The 980TI will be priced VS that, based on performance, whatever it is.

Since when is wccftech even close to the same galaxy as official?

It's just cruel to title the thread like this lol

The only thing official at this point is the confusion regarding the MSRP.

I am going to put the most stock in the HWBattle rumored price of $649.
That is the site that all the click-bait news sites get their rumors from.

We'll see a rise in price from card OEMs to $699 for reference and aftermarket coolers. Basic overclocked variants of those will run $719-$739. Your highly OC'd/Water/Hybrid cards will top out at $799. At least that is what I hope for.

Thanks for the outdated and misinterpreted information, OP!

paid about that for my first 780ti sc on its release week......

erm, is anyone truly surprised by this? If so, you ever buy computer parts for gaming machines when they just come out?

Hey, they tend to fetch a premium.

People need to stop misusing the words "official" and "confirmed".
This is not official. The 980 Ti isn't even announced, at this point it might not even exist.

this guy. The 980ti exists its alive kitguru has the card, and even kyle anf the guys have it. if you such a skeptic then dont read gpu or tech news.

Nothing if official till it hits retail shelves. Saying "official" and being the card hasn't even been announced yet is just retarded.

if they are $650, mark me down for two of them.
If they are $800, then I'll buy two Titan X cards instead.

eek, i really hope that this price isnt an indication that nvidia knows the performance of the radeon "fury?" and that it is low. :(

NDA lifts at 11pm BST time which will mean we should have videos and reviews after 6pm EST tonight. (Source: TTL)

It's official: 980Ti rapidly fluctuating in estimated MSRP between various sites I once saw on the internet.

And with AMD and their Fury series also aiming at the Titan/980 Ti prices, those who want to play 4K or 3x1440p or 3x144hz will have to pay extra extra. Luckily, we are in the Times, when even upper mainstream or lower performance segment cards like 970GTX are enough to power up to 1440p. Unless both Red and Green decide that "Oh, people pay $800 for our high end, so lets raise performance from $400 to $500 and high end performance from $500 to $650).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back