It's official - 980ti to cost $799

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's official - 980ti to cost $799

It's not official - Different sites are still saying different things. Some sites are saying it will cost $700 others are saying $650.

If it does end up costing $800 then I will be going with an AMD R9 390X.

Another article confirming $650, June 1st release.
It sounds like he is citing existing rumors.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonev...ivers-titan-x-level-performance-for-350-less/

NDA lifts in 2 hours?

IyhzwrE.png

Not interested. I purchased a 980 last fall and getting at or near 60 FPS for the games that I play at 1080p, with the 60fps being a monitor limitation, not a graphics card limitation. I would rather put the money into a G-Sync monitor.

Not interested. I purchased a 980 last fall and getting at or near 60 FPS for the games that I play at 1080p, with the 60fps being a monitor limitation, not a graphics card limitation. I would rather put the money into a G-Sync monitor.

1080P

I will be buying the 980 Ti or AMD equivalent and I'm at 1080p.
Should last me a good 3 years give or take.

I assume you are saying this because you are one of those people that thinks 90% of people using high end cards are gaming at 1440P/4K.

The Witcher 3 and GTA V are perfect examples of games that need high end cards if not 2 if you have a 144Hz monitor @ 1080P.

I assume you are saying this because you are one of those people that thinks 90% of people using high end cards are gaming at 1440P/4K.

The Witcher 3 and GTA V are perfect examples of games that need high end cards if not 2 if you have a 144Hz monitor @ 1080P.

What are you talking about? No one uses anything but a 60hz monitor!

please, please please please tell me we've learned our lesson:

STOP LINKING RUMOR GARBAGE.

more importantly, stop starting needless new threads with the topic being the rumor garbage ($799). from shit websites such as wccftech.

They just like that you're spreading their shit all over the net and thanking you for raising their numbers and ad dollars.

Can this thread be edited or closed? lol this is as stupid as the 6 month old amd 390X being released in a few weeks

LMAO oh man, this is awesome. Thank you Titan X buyers for funding this card. $650 for the same performance as a Titan X!!!!!

LMAO oh man, this is awesome. Thank you Titan X buyers for funding this card. $650 for the same performance as a Titan X!!!!!

Until you need more than 6GB... hmmm.
Perhaps it will be more common with high AA at 4K res, but you will need 2 cards for that.

$649 MSRP it looks like from the reviews posted online in the USA. Not too shabby of a price at all, much lower than the $750/799 people had it coming out at...

Until you need more than 6GB... hmmm.
Perhaps it will be more common with high AA at 4K res, but you will need 2 cards for that.

PASCAL will be out long before >6GB games reach any kind of critical mass, unless you're an edge case with 3-5 monitors at 1440p or greater.

FPS > resolution.

Try to run The Witcher 3 @ 1080p Ultra w/ Hairworks at over 60fps on anything other than a Titan X or SLI... I'll be waiting. :D
The Witcher 3 is in my wishlist, and it'll be quite a while considering my backlog of Steam games. I want to play through 1 and 2 first.

Taking anything WCCFTech posts as the gospel was where OP went wrong. That site posts any rumor they hear hoping that one of them will be true so they get to say they were first with the information. It's like throwing darts blindfolded and hoping one of them will hit the bullseye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back