Its High Noon! Red Dead Redemption released

ive played both version on same tv ( bought both to sell the dlc codes on eBay) anyway, the 360 looks a bit more crisp and ps3 is slightly blurrier but that being said, the ps3 version is not "gimped" by any means and i would get the one that you have more friends with that system, this runs at 644p ps3 b.s may or may not be true but it aint that much difference worth bitchin about honestly and thats playing on a 1080p 61" set.

Let me know what you think. I also have the PS3 version and their images are not represent of what I see.

played about 2 hrs on PS3 and im pretty positive it doesnt look washed out like the screens floating around do.

Wondering if there is some backhanded comparisons going on. on a 60" XBR2 1080p

Game look fine on my PS3.
Quite enjoying it so far.

I opened my Bestbuy copy with no war horse :(

ENJOY THE GAME PEOPLE

Lord, in motion is looks great on both systems, so have fun, its such a good game!

Played it for a few hours at a friend's place, but didn't do any missions because he didn't want it to be saved or anything. Played enough to get the lasso then caused some havoc. Pretty fun world, I'm looking for another ~$230 360 deal on SlickDeals now. Damn me for selling my 360! Although, the friend who bought it from me said it red-ringed about a month ago with no warranty hehe.

my buddy and I were just talking about future DLC for Red Dead, we were thinking they can easily do a stories from liberty city style DLC. Adding a new main character with new story in the same setting. It could let us do the things that Marston won't do because he's a "married man". Also with mexico being half of the map we were also thinking Pancho Villa DLC.

Also with a big DLC pack they would hopefully add new, weapons, outfits, mini games, random encounters, challenges, etc.

Last edited:
I agree on the DLC. Could add so much. There's a ton of possibilities.

I also think this could work MMO style. If done right. Maybe not. Would be interesting though.

The most insane thing I've seen so far is some sick bastard stabbing a prostitute outside the bar in the first town...I capped him but he had already killed the chick. Looted both for some cash and moonshine though.. I was like WTF!? Took me a second to realize what I was seeing..

Hah, I saw the same scene and ran over to help. By the time I understood what was going on and got my gun out to shoot the bastard, she was dead :[ I also keep seeing what is apparently a gang riding through town killing people at random, but there's no "intervene here" option so I'm really slow on the draw.

Hah, I saw the same scene and ran over to help. By the time I understood what was going on and got my gun out to shoot the bastard, she was dead :[ I also keep seeing what is apparently a gang riding through town killing people at random, but there's no "intervene here" option so I'm really slow on the draw.

I friend of mine shot at the gang dragging the person down the street. They got in a fight, almost took them out but then he accidentally shot a lawman which automatically put a bounty on his head, which he then paid off to get out of trouble. Hilarious game.

I was able to actually lasso the guy trying to kill the whore outside of the saloon. She was thankful and gave me 4 dollars she had to earn the [H]ard way..I then carried him away from town, dropped the body and executed him near a cactus.

I am enjoying the 'random' encounters as your riding through wilderness. People getting robbed/chased by animals, etc etc. Gotta be quick on the draw for em though, thats for sure.

Did you guys know you can do like "finishing moves" execution style almost.

I found this out by accident and I'm still not 100% on how to do it.

I was in a gun fight trying to complete this bounty. After the fight there was one guy left and he was kinda stumbling around, no weapon. So I thought I would go up to this guy and just blow his head off point blank.

I wake up, try to aim+fire ( I think, not sure if I just hit fire) and it switched to a side view like a cinematic - my guy dropped to one knee placed his rifle underneath the guys chin and blew him away.

It switched to the normal 3rd person view after that. I was astounded. Coolest shit I'd ever seen. I did it a second time but it was less fancy, he just stopped, pointed at his head and shot.

But a real awesome touch I think.

Did you guys know you can do like "finishing moves" execution style almost.

I found this out by accident and I'm still not 100% on how to do it.

Just get close to them and pull the trigger (no need to aim) and it will automatically do this and different guns do different executions kind of like gears 2.

I also lassoo'd a nun and dragged her behind the horse into the path of an oncoming train. Another i lassoo'd and left her amongst a pack of wolves. Lassooing people and swinging them off cliffs or into a river while on horseback is fun too. One poor guy hit a boulder, shot into the sky and literally landed in Mexico across the river lol. Quality physics quirk :D

How do you lasso people? I have not been able to figure out how to do that yet. Also is the lasso the only way to take people in alive or is there a way to make them surrender?

How do you lasso people? I have not been able to figure out how to do that yet. Also is the lasso the only way to take people in alive or is there a way to make them surrender?

You have to lasso and hogtie them. Then a sheriff will come by and pick them up.

Just equip your lasso and do it the same way you would a horse. Aim and fire. Then hold on with the aim button and move in closer. When you're next to them a tool tip will pop up with what button to press to hogtie.

You have to lasso and hogtie them. Then a sheriff will come by and pick them up.

Just equip your lasso and do it the same way you would a horse. Aim and fire. Then hold on with the aim button and move in closer. When you're next to them a tool tip will pop up with what button to press to hogtie.

So do you have to buy the lasso or do you get it from a mission because I do not think I have one unless I am just not looking hard enough.

PS3 version is fine. Those screens linked earlier aren't what I'm seeing. The image quality on 360 is nicer, but not by much.

hows the game ppl, i dont care which looks better. I read that spawning in town sucks because ppl wait and spawn camp you and its hard to get out and do stuff. Mine shipped but no tracking info yet.

GTA free roam got old for me after a week without objectives, i hear there are missions you can do together on this one.

Yeah I bought this game yesterday and out of the 1 hour I've played it....I LOVE IT!!! I'm a FPS type of guy and rarely get into, if any, third person games. This otoh is AWESOME! Can't wait to get home and get back on this, and I will def be getting the strategy guide today as there is SOOOO much stuff to do!

Have you seen the 360 version in person? Just curious.

Yep! Played it last night on my 56" 1080P Samsung DLP with my Xbox 306! Seriously, the graphics are AMAZING! Especially with the opening sequence. I thought the old ladies talking to each other looked freakin awesome!

Can someone tell me about the Red Dead Eye on the X360 MP? I only played a couple of FFA games on RDR and not sure what that was [and I thought it was my health lol].

Can someone tell me about the Red Dead Eye on the X360 MP? I only played a couple of FFA games on RDR and not sure what that was [and I thought it was my health lol].

It's like a bullet time. Slows the action down. The bar fills slowly by itself or when you kill bad dudes. The amount filled determines how long it lasts. So you don't have to wait until it's full to use it.

Anyone know if you turn off auto aim and make your aim - expert for multiplayer does that cause everyone else to have to have expert aim on to join your match? Auto aim on multiplayer is so effing lame. I see you can unlock veteran multiplayer games, i wonder if auto aim is turned off?

Anyone know if you turn off auto aim and make your aim - expert for multiplayer does that cause everyone else to have to have expert aim on to join your match? Auto aim on multiplayer is so effing lame. I see you can unlock veteran multiplayer games, i wonder if auto aim is turned off?

I have heard that once you reach level 15 in multiplayer that the autoaim gets turned off or turned down not sure which.

You can toggle the autoaim in you in-game options. Multiplayer and Single player each have their own setting. "Hardcore" MP turns off autoaim for all MP matches.

The Dead Eye feature doesn't seem to slow down the action, it feels more just like a "focus" that allows you to mark you enemies and kill them quicker and more efficiently.

I need to try more of those finishing moves, sound awesome! Can you use the lasso in MP free roam?

You can toggle the autoaim in you in-game options. Multiplayer and Single player each have their own setting. "Hardcore" MP turns off autoaim for all MP matches.

The Dead Eye feature doesn't seem to slow down the action, it feels more just like a "focus" that allows you to mark you enemies and kill them quicker and more efficiently.

I need to try more of those finishing moves, sound awesome! Can you use the lasso in MP free roam?

I haven't tried MP yet but in SP dead eye just goes bullet time. I know of no way to mark targets

Anyone know if you can play poker in MP. I think it would be cool to sit down with some players and have a game.

I haven't tried MP yet but in SP dead eye just goes bullet time. I know of no way to mark targets

It's got 3 levels, the highest of which lets you paint multiple targets and then blow them all away in quick succession...

It's got 3 levels, the highest of which lets you paint multiple targets and then blow them all away in quick succession...

Thanks. Forgot to mention that.

Anyone know if you can play poker in MP. I think it would be cool to sit down with some players and have a game.

We tried looking for that yesterday in Blackwater and a few other locales. If you can, I havent found it yet...

Thanks. Forgot to mention that.

Guess I'm still at level 1 (SP).

We tried looking for that yesterday in Blackwater and a few other locales. If you can, I havent found it yet...
They should add it. I think it would be cool. But maybe hard to program?

I do not know if you can but if not they should add it and horse shoes. Would be fun to be in MP playing poker and get pissed at a guy for his hand and then shoot him in the face lol

I do not know if you can but if not they should add it and horse shoes. Would be fun to be in MP playing poker and get pissed at a guy for his hand and then shoot him in the face lol

Hey that's not nice, lol.

Almost beat the AI at Texas Hold 'em last night at Armadillo... went down to 1 vs 1, but not the chip leader.

My hand was a pair of Queens. I was small blind, called 6. AI raised, I called.

Flop was: Queen, 4, 4

I raised, AI re-raised me to all in, I call.

The turn was: a Jack

The river was: another 4...

I show a full house: Queens full of 4's.

AI shows a four of a kind: 4's.

Game ends, I whip out my repeater and blast the guy in the face.

^

HAHA! I did the same thing except I didn't get down to just 1v1 there was still another person in. But I called all in, and I had a full house sure to win, he had something else ( i can't remember) took all my chips.

I didn't get mad, I stood up pulled out my lasso. Lasso'd him and drug him outside up the stairs to the top of the saloon making his head hit every stair. Then I threw him over the railings and he died.

Back