iPhone 4 pre-order

didn't get the conclusion from the video

I just always thought preorder on the 15th gets you the phone on 24th. I was just saying that on the 15th I waited all morning to preorder now saying it is backordered now :mad:

They announced last week that all iPhone allocations have been sold out.

Just got an email that mine will be delivered on the 23rd instead of the 24th as FedEx shows, probably in order to stagger the activations so the servers don't tank and they don't start on a bad note, plus it's always good to offer things sooner rather than later to their customers haha, woot.

"In Progess" turned to "Shipped" on my order status with AT&T website. I just got my UPS overnight tracking Info and it says in transit. I paid with Debit so I hope my order goes through and doesnt get canceled, fingers are crossed.

Last edited:
Mine still shows processing. I got mine on the 15th at about 9 am PST and paided with a debit card. I've seen people that got their order in much much later then I did but have already had their's shipped. So I'm assuming it doesn't matter when you ordered it, they ship it to whom ever they feel like first..

Mine still shows processing. I got mine on the 15th at about 9 am PST and paided with a debit card. I've seen people that got their order in much much later then I did but have already had their's shipped. So I'm assuming it doesn't matter when you ordered it, they ship it to whom ever they feel like first..

If it still shows processing instead of cancled, then I guess you should be good.

My Fedex tracking number still leads to nothing.

I wonder if it's because I pre-ordered in store and the phone should be headed there and not my house.

I ordered mine from AT&T at 7am EST (on the 15th). My FedEx tracking info is somewhat populated, and if this is correct, I'd be receiving it on the 23rd? The anticipated shipping date is tomorrow, so that'd explain why my CC hasn't been charged yet.

4724498942_f0a72e5961_o.jpg

Man, the Mac Rumors posters are like whiny Jem'hadar waiting on a late shipment of white.

Man, the Mac Rumors posters are like whiny Jem'hadar waiting on a late shipment of white.

lol, yeah, quite a few of them seem to have no lives.

I mean, I'll dig my new phone, but jeebus, it's not like it's the end of the world when I'll be out of town when it arrives at the ATT store and I have to pick it up the following Tuesday.

I ordered mine from AT&T at 7am EST (on the 15th). My FedEx tracking info is somewhat populated, and if this is correct, I'd be receiving it on the 23rd? The anticipated shipping date is tomorrow, so that'd explain why my CC hasn't been charged yet.

[IG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1320/4724498942_f0a72e5961_o.jpg[/IMG]

I wonder if the early delivery extends to ATT orders as well, or it's just for the Apple orders.

Got an email from Apple early this morning saying the phone will definitely be delivered tomorrow and not held til Thursday :D

That's why I specified I ordered mine from AT&T! Hehe. I did NOT order from Apple. :)

I know ;)

But Fedex may still hold it for delivery on the 24th.

Apple has confirmed early deliveries for phones bought from them, but said nothing about orders from ATT.

I know ;)

Apple has confirmed early deliveries for phones bought from them, but said nothing about orders from ATT.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, if I get that other e-mail, I'll let everyone know.

I love AT&T's answer. I called them to find out why mine hasn't shipped yet since most people who ordered after me are getting their's shipped. AT&T said they don't know why...nice...

I love AT&T's answer. I called them to find out why mine hasn't shipped yet since most people who ordered after me are getting their's shipped. AT&T said they don't know why...nice...

C'mon now. They're advertising this lack of customer service.

AT&T, would it be possible to answer a simple question for me?

att-rethink-possible.jpg

Did you order in store or online?

I know ;)

That's where you call the local FedEx Depot and ask if you can pick it up since you returned from vacation early and it no longer needs to be held. :cool:

(then go pick it up)

My order now says "Picked up" in Fort Worth, TX. Standard Overnight. Still scheduled for tomorrow.

Mine says the same, 'Picked up in Fort Worth, TX'... That's for only one of my phones, the one one still doesn't have a tracking number in FedEx' system yet.

Yep, some people have already gotten their iPhones.

Meanwhile, my AT&T status page still says "In Progress." :(

Despite my efforts all day, I had to visit 2 AT&T stores. The first one was taking manual orders on the 15th. Eff that.

I pre-ordered my iPhone on 6/15pm @ 7:25pm PST through the 2nd store that had their system up and running. I think people who let AT&T take manual orders was kicked to the back of the line since they didn't run the information till very late that night if not next day.

Ok I finally got my shipping notice as well :) It says tomorrow by 3 pm.....cool....will Fedec actually delivery tomorrow or will they hold it for thursday? It does say delivery tomorrow I just find it hard to believe apple would not get ticked off by this..

Last edited:
Getting my Iphone here at work around 10:00am (business comes before residents).

so wait are people getting it 23 or 24
i might follow some fedex trucks around to say hello if so

My iPhone 4, preordered through AT&T, has just shipped. Arrives tomorrow before 3 PM.

Are people sure that Fedex is delivering tomorrow? I thought they would hold it till Thursday when apple official releases it

Are people sure that Fedex is delivering tomorrow? I thought they would hold it till Thursday when apple official releases it

Yes. The official release date was the 24th, but phones are apparently going out ASAP, likely as an apology for the preorder chaos. People have gotten their phones early and are using them right now.

You could say iPhone 4 is officially out right now.

aw ok....I should have fun tomorrow then. I upgraded using another line on my family plan. I want to take the sim out of the new Iphone and put mine in their. And also keep my unlimited data plan. Then take the phone number that was supposed to be for the upgrade and put that one in an old phone. Now I find out that the sim card is different than the normal ones. So I guess I have to goto the AT&T store and have them re program my number into the sim card..

My phone has been sitting in Newark, NJ all day. It's only about 2 hours north of me, I should just drive up and get it! haha

But I did get the email that I would get it delivered to my house tomorrow so...we'll see.

Back