Intel X25-M 80GB SSD for $40 AR

I still use two of these drives, good stuff. Reliable and fast enough if you're still on SATA II like me.

This is the G2 model, it's built like a tank and will probably outlast most of the newer stuff because of the larger die size.

I used the 80GB G1 & G2 models for a coupla years but always in RAID0 to rectify the slower write speeds.

They'd also make a great OS back-up clone drive.

For 40.00 bucks a pop it's a no brainer. :)

Wasn't surprised to see OH commenting here, I remember discussing these drives a year or so ago. I agree with his sentiments in their entirety. Thanks for posting this T...many laptops that are slightly older and actually even many of the newer ones are limited to s-ata 2...ideal to pick one of these up as a boot drive and then move the hard drive into a DVD caddy. I love doing this and moving the swap file over to the larger hard drive in these older laptops...they run real smooth.

Best,

LC

im still using one 32 months after purchase as my main OS drive. its on 24/7 with daily use.

How much of a difference is there between this and the Samsung 830 in terms of real speed (I don't care about benchmark speeds).

How much of a difference is there between this and the Samsung 830 in terms of real speed (I don't care about benchmark speeds).

The only time you would probably notice a speed difference is copying files.

Huge difference in sequential write speeds (installing stuff, writing to hibernate, etc), substantial difference in random i/o but probably not nearly as noticeable since even the slowest SSD is still several orders of magnitude better than a HDD at that.

I've got one running as boot drive on my parent's desktop after I upgraded mine to an 830... Heck I've got a 40GB X25-V with even slower sequential write speeds on my netbook and it still works great.

Looks like its still in stock. I just got mine and installed it in my laptop and am very pleased with it so far. It was just the boost that this old laptop needed.

Where is the rebate????? Also, I have a x25-m with a different model number, any problem matching these 2 for some raid action?????

Looks like the rebate is no longer available. However, if you picked one up, it should be OK to raid with another X25-m.

REBATE AVAILABLE AGAIN!!!!!

Now I have to decide between R.A.I.D. or a larger SSD.....:)

Back