Intel Retail Edge 2010

"Price for members: $279 US"

I haven't done any trainings or anything, but I do have an account. does this mean I can get in on it?
 
No you gotta be at least on Rockstar Level which is 30K + in Chips you need to earn :)
 
No, he can do the $279 bundle (or the i7 960) if he does the trainings at the bottom. Most of the stuff is rock* only, though. You can do anything with "Price for members" listed, but you have to do all of the requirements on the bottom of the page.
 
"Everyone but Roadies can participate in the Holiday Deal."

I'm a roadie....

Looks like I need 3000 chips to move up. Is that possible in this timeframe?
 
Yes. You should be able to have 3000 chips within an hour. Just keep at it after that and you'll be able to get in on later deals. I have a bit over 36k and I bet a lot of people here put that to shame.

Just make sure you get 100% on the quizzes. If you get a question wrong, refresh the page and start again. (Doesn't matter for the PC Mag stuff that I posted answers for, though)
 
The DEALS are good for that long? He's not asking how long verification lasts. I thought the deals were good for a much shorter time...
 
Yeah, sorry, just wondering how fast they go through these deals? Like, will i be screwed as I have to wait a few days for my verification to come through? (BTW, up to 6000 chips already...)
 
Sweet. I'll be in for the i7-960. I'm not crazy, that's an amazing deal, right?

What motherboard would you pair that up with? I assume we can do better than the bundle version.
 
Well, if you want 6GB of RAM and don't have a PSU on the whine list in the thread on this forum about it, I otherwise like my Gigabyte X58A-UD3R. I wouldn't recommend Asus anything because they give you Intel Matrix RAID 8.0 and the board doesn't work if you try to update it yourself. You need 8.7+ for SSDs to work well. My Gigabyte came with 8.9 and works fine when updated to 9.6 or 10.0 (I run 10.0). I run it with 6GB of RAM. I've heard mixed reports about 12GB on this board.


P.S. a few minutes away from the closing of the business day in EST and Intel still hasn't delivered on their promise for making it today. What the hell, Intel? Great deal for us or not, when you promise something, you must deliver!
 
lol settle down man these deals are worth the wait.

i have rockstar starus but i am waiting for this to happen so i can finish the build of my new machine

also remember they are on pacific time so they could be like new egg and wait til PST time
 
I emailed them earlier today and they said "later this afternoon".
 
i just got denied on the verification even though i do field service work for many of the companies they have listed. i just did a work order for toshiba so hopefully they will approve me this time. i deal with customers daily. i dont know why it is so hard for us field techs to get verified.
 
i just got denied on the verification even though i do field service work for many of the companies they have listed. i just did a work order for toshiba so hopefully they will approve me this time. i deal with customers daily. i dont know why it is so hard for us field techs to get verified.

This isn't meant for techs. It's meant for salespeople. You probably will get denied.
 
This isn't meant for techs. It's meant for salespeople. You probably will get denied.

here is what it says i would fall under computer service

Must be employed in one of the following eligible positions for membership:

* In-store business sales
* PC sales
* Software sales
* Computer peripherals sales
* Computer service
* PC training
* PC department management
* Online Sales/Call Center
* Store management
* PC Buyer
* Service Provider Sales and Support
* Intel Action Link representative
 
You have to be one of those types of employees for a company that they are partnered with. I work for CDW, so I am in. Whooo!
 
Nevrmind, I for some reason had myself enrolled under a "corporate office" account. All fixed up, got the i7 960!
 
Well as most of know this time of year when the intel retail edge show comes to town its FLIP TIME.
I work for BestBuy and every-time this deal come up..most of us have a good box and just buy the deal to make some cash...Well different story for me I need the CPU..(In for the i7 970 )
Some of the item here at the Stately Wayne Manor..waiting for parts
1) Lian Li PC -9F
2) Silverstone Black 700 Watt Mod Power supply
3)Lian Li multi-reader (3 1/4)
4) 2 X WDC Black 1TB Hard Drives.
5) Sound Blaster X-Fi sound card
6) Logitech G700 Gaming Mouse..
So I have a bit to go before I fire the MO-sheen up..but it will be fun. :D
Oh ..and if anybody is looking for a good box I have an OptiPlex 960 up in the for sale forum
(All it needs is a CPU 775,memory ddr2,and a hard drive..)
 
Last edited:
Six core for $215!!!! WAHOO!! Going to best buy to verify myself RIGHT NOW.

holy crap holy crap holy crap ...

Was hoping for a bit better deal on the SSD, though. I mean it's good, I just want to see prices on these bad boys drop faster.

someone already sold their i-970 :rolleyes:
with quite a few more popping up already

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-UNOPE...CPU-/270672970339?pt=CPUs&hash=item3f055dc263

SCREW THAT. This bad boy is MINE. I invested too much into my 1366 platform NOT to take advantage of my only upgrade opportunity, which happens to be a sensational one, by the way.
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice Dan..yep when I saw the price..I took a double take..wow.
That voice in your head says.."I must have this...NOW " :D ;)
 
Six core for $215!!!! WAHOO!! Going to best buy to verify myself RIGHT NOW.

holy crap holy crap holy crap ...

Was hoping for a bit better deal on the SSD, though. I mean it's good, I just want to see prices on these bad boys drop faster.



SCREW THAT. This bad boy is MINE. I invested too much into my 1366 platform NOT to take advantage of my only upgrade opportunity, which happens to be a sensational one, by the way.
You have to be a "rockstar" to get the 970. I took advantage of all their point offerings and I'm a few thousand points short. It takes hours.
 
Last edited:
You should do the test when ever you get the time..which I did all summer when I had a day off.
Or a couple of hours to burn while at work..I only have 57500..but Rock-Star :D
Most of them are easy to do if you just read the information..
 
I started with zero points and did every opportunity available, and got above the rock star point requirement in a few days. Be sure to view the event archives. 2000 points for nothing.
 
NobleX13 ..thats how i got up there too..did you buy anything from this sale at retailedge ?
 
Ordered. Civ 5 is gonna be sweet, but I do miss the days of these packaging with operating systems. It was like a new build every christmas... But seriously, a $900 CPU for $245 is pretty sweet.
 
That's not a good thing. It means we can't resell it if we use it. I have no idea how you're cool with that.

That is a matter of opinion. I am VERY glad that it was a Steam version, as I purchase almost all my games through them. I personally have never had the need to try and sell a PC game after owning/playing it, and even with a retail box, the serial key can usually only be used once.

Can't wait to install the 970 in my system. People over at Overclock.net have already begun to receive theirs. Going to order two (2) GTX 580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 this week as well for SLI. Finally going to finish by build.:D
 
Last edited:
Back
Top